The logistical process is, to say the least, incredibly multifaceted. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of things to keep track of, and it continues long after the product has been delivered. Right from the moment the product is presented to a potential customer, up to the point when the customer is satisfied with the product and opts for further purchases, nearly every element has to be handled with delicate care and precision.
Of these numerous elements, the process of product returns is perhaps the most crucial. This is why many logistics platforms, including Narvar, our primary focus for today, specialise in returns.
Why are Product Returns Important?
Some might ask why exactly returns management is that important. Surely there might be other logistical processes that are even more indispensable? Let us take a look at some of the reasons as to why exactly an efficient product returns policy is so important:-
- A smooth, hassle-free product returns process can help boost brand image immensely.
- Easy returns policies encourage customers to place more orders as they have the added guarantee of being able to return their orders in case of any issues.
- According to polls, almost 91% of consumers prefer purchasing from a business with a quick and convenient return process.
- Alternative return methods such as exchanges and store credit instead of refunds also provide customers with more varied options.
- Consistent product returns can also signal a deeper underlying issue with the products themselves, which can be solved using various means, thereby improving product quality and sales.
Now that we have a pretty clear idea of the importance of the returns management process, let us take a closer look at Narvar. This logistics technology platform specialises in product returns and other associated operations.
Narvar Returns and Exchanges
Narvar, a relatively well-known logistics software, offers a product known as Narvar Returns and Exchanges. This product aims to vastly ease and simplify the returns process for both businesses and individual consumers. Their signature service is that they offer the option between home pick-up as well as drop-off at over 200,000 special locations throughout the country. Some of their other prominent features are listed below:
Narvar Concierge is a service that connects Narvar’s clients with over 200,000 pick-up and drop-off locations. Businesses can avail their extensive network of partners to reduce logistics costs drastically, reduce mishaps during the reverse logistics process, and facilitate bilateral communication between the business and the customer.
This is especially important in the post-pandemic period, where both demand and use of alternative drop-off locations have nearly doubled.
While making orders, customers can choose a separate drop-off location at Narvar’s concierge locations instead of opting for in-person deliveries. The same process is repeated while initiating returns as well.
All in all, this means that Narvar maintains responsibility for a significant part of the return operations and allows businesses to avail several functions with minimal investment.
2) Boxless Returns
Another useful feature offered by Narvar while returning products is that of boxless returns. A major roadblock to smooth returns is usually boxing, packaging, and labelling. This deceptively minor process is so cumbersome that up to 21% of customers are willing to pay slightly extra not to do it at all. To solve this problem, Narvar has partnered with UPS.
In other words, using Narvar, customers can simply show a QR Code at any UPS Store location. The UPS Store will then take care of packaging and shipping all the way back to the warehouse. Customers no longer need to purchase any boxes or print any shipping labels This reduces costs drastically as well as differentiates businesses from their competitors as boxless returns are still a relatively niche feature.
3) Proactive Notifications
Last but not the least of its flagship features, Narvar allows businesses to engage with their buyers during the post-purchase process and build trust via proactive notifications. This means that Narvar makes use of push messaging in the form of Email, SMS, WhatsApp, etc., to notify customers regarding their order status. Updates are sent promptly to ensure that the end user is always kept informed. Each and every step of the product's journey is extensively monitored and recorded.
A very significant statistic is that 98% of customers want timely updates regarding their order, even if it is terrible news. Therefore, any delays or mishaps with the order are also informed to the customer as soon as possible, driving repeat purchases and establishing a personal relationship with the brand.
Narvar Returns Miscellaneous Features
Besides the highly specific and specialised services mentioned above, Narvar also offers a broad suite of general functionality regarding the post-purchase experience for its users. Some of them are as follows:-
- Branded Tracking Page: Narvar allows businesses to set up their website interface according to their brand, with beautiful, eye-pleasing designs.
- Real-time Tracking: Narvar has an option to track product returns and their journey from warehouse to doorstep (or vice versa) in real-time.
- Actionable Analytics: The Narvar algorithm analyses product return statistics and spots patterns, allowing businesses to improve their quality and services.
- Flexible Return Policies: Narvar provides businesses with the functionality to create personally tailored return rules and arrangements to ensure a satisfactory return experience.
Today, we learnt about the importance of the post-purchase experience and return management process to drive brand loyalty and repeat purchases. We learnt that smooth and efficient returns boost trust between the brand and the consumer. Next up, we took an in-depth look at the Narvar Returns service and the products associated with it. We furthermore read on about the various general and miscellaneous functionality that Narvar has and that any good reverse logistics platform ought to have. We expect you now have a clearer idea about the points mentioned above and have realised the best way to leverage the above information for the benefit of your business.