What is AfterShip?
AfterShip has grown to be a very popular shipping platform in recent times. It uses its software client to provide feature-rich logistical functionality along with access to over 900 courier partners. Although it primarily focuses on the post-purchase aspect of the customer experience, it offers a very diverse suite of products that can help businesses every step of the way. These products enhance the overall shopping experience and boost sales as well.
Today, we shall be focusing on AfterShip Tracking in particular. AfterShip Tracking is a product offered by the platform that focuses on order tracking, management, and fulfillment. Without any further delay, let’s jump right in.
What is AfterShip Tracking?
AfterShip Tracking is a particular product offered by the AfterShip platform. It aims to help businesses navigate the tracking and management part of their logistics workflow. Some of the core features of AfterShip Tracking are as follows:-
1) Branded Tracking Page
AfterShip allows users to set up their own branded tracking page instead of a generic carrier website. This ensures that the order status is visible at all times at a single click, and eliminates confusion. Attractive and well-designed AfterShip tracking pages can boost customer engagement and even drive additional sales. AfterShip has numerous marketing and advertising assets. Businesses can use these to push product recommendations based on their buyers’ shopping history.
2) Delivery Notifications
As any good logistics platform should, AfterShip also allows businesses to send delivery notifications to their buyers. This is to make sure that timely updates are sent at every point, and the customers are kept informed about the status and location of the order. These updates can be sent either in the form of proactive push notifications or otherwise. They are also very flexible as they can be sent over email, SMS, or even Facebook. Such measures have been proven to increase customer satisfaction and improve delivery statistics.
3) Shipment Visibility
AfterShip’s shipment visibility feature allows users to consolidate all order information and statistics into a single unified list to make resolving delivery issues easier. Coupled with the inbuilt automated tracking as well as carrier integration features, businesses can get an at-a-glance view of all their shipments, search and filter orders, and serve their customers better. This service facilitates better communication between AfterShip and its business clientele as well as between the businesses and the buyers.
AfterShip Tracking Extensions
AfterShip Tracking is also available as a WooCommerce plugin or extension. WooCommerce businesses can access AfterShips’ tracking services and enhance their customer experience. It is also available as a plugin for other online marketplaces such as Magneto and Shopify.
The extension is extremely versatile as users can easily import their WooCommerce shipments over to AfterShip and view all the information in a unified dashboard with the help of AfterShip’s ‘Shipment Visibility’ feature.
Some additional functions of this extension and the AfterShip Tracking service in general are:-
- Filter shipments by destinations, carriers, and order status.
- Access to over 900 courier partners worldwide
- Embedded tracking button for easy access
- Schedule delivery notifications as per your convenience
- Multilingual delivery notifications
- Configurable and customizable email templates
- Real-time shipment analytics to analyze the performance
- AfterShip algorithm for predicting order delivery dates
AfterShip Tracking FAQs
1) How to add a tracking button to your website page or Shopify marketplace?
- Go to Settings on your Shopify dashboard and click on the Checkout tab.
- In the ‘Customer Contact’ section, make sure the ‘Show a link to download Shop App’ is unchecked.
- Once it’s unchecked, log into your AfterShip account.
- Click on the ‘Enable Branded Tracking’ toggle in the Tracking App section.
- You’re all set!
2) How to enable product recommendations in the tracking page?
- Got to the tracking page where you want to enable recommendations.
- Go to the Actions tab and then click on ‘Edit.’
- Click on ‘Product Recommendations’ and then enter all the relevant details such as the store, name, and recommendation type.
- Click ‘Done’ and then ‘Save.’
- You’re all done!
3) Why should you add the tracking button to your website?
It is really a no-brainer that you should add the AfterShip Tracking button to your website or online store for maximum coverage. It is free, easy to use, and improves tracking functionality greatly. There are no downsides to using it if you are an AfterShip customer.
Today, we took a look at AfterShip and its tracking products. We looked at the services offered and the value they provide to their customers. Additionally, we got to know about the AfterShip Tracking extensions that are available and can be used in tandem with other online marketplaces such as Shopify or WooCommerce. We hope you now have a much clearer idea about the services that AfterShip provides and whether or not those services are a good fit for your business.