Overview of Courier Services Companies in Mumbai for eCommerce Business
Mumbai is the financial capital of India and the city is known for its hustle. In an economically fast-growing city, goods, as well as delivery systems, are in high demand, which is why choosing a courier service that is best suited for your business is important.
Presently, businesses are booming at an increasing rate and it’s quite competitive out there; even the smallest drop in quality can have a significant impact on your business.
But there’s only so much you can do as a business owner. Once an order has been placed, there’s a whole system of logistics that comes into play to ensure your package is safely delivered to its final destination, regardless of whether it's via air or road.
This is where having a courier partner that’s efficient and trustworthy can be the game-changer. But for any eCommerce business, the biggest challenge is delivering a package to the right address at the given time and within the budget.
Now, with the existence of over 100 courier service provider companies in Mumbai claiming that they’re the best, it is difficult and overwhelming to pick a trustworthy provider. That’s why we’re here to resolve this problem.
Listed below are 10 of the best courier companies in Mumbai that we have reviewed and shortlisted for you. Each of these service providers has its own unique strength, and you must select one that will enhance your business.
Top 10 eCommerce Courier Services Companies in Mumbai
1) FedEx Courier Company In Mumbai
Starting in 1973, FedEx is one of the first courier service providers to make a significant impact in the global logistics market. The company is known for its optimum shipping solutions and is regarded as one of the best courier service company in Mumbai, especially for eCommerce businesses. In India, FedEx delivers to over 6000 pin codes.
Key features of services offered by FedEx are:
- Capable of handling a diverse range of products, including hazardous material like dry ice and lithium batteries, high-value products, fragile items, and heavyweight items.
- Customized solutions and shipping options that are a perfect fit for your business and will keep pace with its evolving needs.
- Speedy delivery of packages in over 220 countries.
- Affordable prices
2) Delhivery Courier Services In Mumbai
Starting in 2011, Delhivery has been a renowned Mumbai-based eCommerce service provider company that provides high-quality services to its customers. The company has over 10,000 customers across India. Delhivery provides services across 17,500 pin codes in 2,300 cities to over 250 million households in India. Delhivery has completed approximately 650 million deliveries to date.
The key features provided by Delhivery are:
- Efficient reverse logistics and cash on delivery services.
- On-demand, same-day delivery and next-day delivery.
- Both ways shipment
- Weight-based and affordable pricing.
One of the best aspects about Delhivery is that in case of any non-delivery, they carry out three reattempts to make sure the package reaches its intended destination.
3) Blue Dart Courier Partner In Mumbai
Founded in 1983, Blue Dart is one of the best courier companies in Mumbai for eCommerce businesses. The company has a reach of 35,000 plus pin codes in India and 220 countries across the world.
Presently, BlueDart owns an aviation fleet of six Boeing 757 planes and provides a network of payload 504 tonnes across 74 route connections every night. BlueDart services are time-bound and they’re consistent in maintaining regulatory clearances to avoid any other confusion and errors.
Key services offered by Blue Dart include:
* Deliveries don’t include any hidden charges.
* The pricing is completely weight-based and the customers can check the estimated cost of delivery via a Price Finder feature.
* COD, automated proof of delivery, waterproof packaging and express deliveries are available
* Logistic services are technology-based.
* Fulfilment centres available
* Air freight is available for both domestic and international shipping.
4) DHL Courier Company In Mumbai
DHL is another major courier service provider in Mumbai as well as on a global scale. The company has efficient distribution centres that cover 26,000 pin codes in India and 220 countries globally.
DHL is known for its high standards for reducing waste during delivery and reducing the business’ environmental footprint. DHL has been around for quite a few decades now and is a trustworthy service provider in Mumbai for safe and efficient deliveries.
Following are the key services offered by DHL:
* Safe deliveries within 4-5 business days
* Cross border cash on delivery
* Domestic and international shipping
* Door to door deliveries
5) Shadowfax Shipping Service Company In Mumbai
Shadowfax is one the most reliable and efficient courier companies in Mumbai currently with a reach of 7,000 pin codes. It operates in various models like B2B, B2C, E2E, hyper-local.
Shadowfax’s mission is to build a reliable logistics network by empowering millions of micro-entrepreneurs via technology to deliver anything anywhere. The company is more customer-centric and believes that the customer is the heart of its ecosystem.
Following are the key features offered by Shadowfax:
* They ensure that no delivery has hidden costs
* Particular about on-time deliveries
* Hyperlocal services available
* Services are only domestic
* Charges are purely based on the weight of the package
* Reverse pick up and COD facility available
6) Ecom Express Logistics Company In Mumbai
Starting in 2012, Ecom Express is also one of the well-known courier service providers in Mumbai and covers 27,000 pin codes across the country. The company only serves eCommerce companies in India and is known for the capability to handle high-value goods like jewellery, for it offers services like security and surveillance during storage and transport.
Listed below are key features offered by Ecom Express:
* Express delivery and doorstep quality check for returned items
* First mile and last mile facility available
* Weight-based shipping charges
* Capacity to deliver to the remotest corners of India
* COD and reverse pickup facility available
7) GATI eCommerce Courier Service In Mumbai
Started in 1989, GATI is one of the best Mumbai-based courier service providers in the Southern Pacific region and SAARC countries. GATI is known for its optimized distribution for retailers and online businesses.
The company has a reach of 190,000 pin codes and can provide service in 735 out of the 739 districts. Their warehouses spread over 3.3 million square feet and offer services to both B2B and B2C.
The key features offered by GATI are as follows:
* Time-critical shipments and high-speed cargo services
* Warehouse and fulfillment services
* Express delivery, warehousing solutions, and transport mechanisms
* Customised pick up from the warehouse
8) Aramex Logistics Service Company In Mumbai
Founded in 1997, Aramex is a UAE-based eCommerce courier service provider and has its offices in Mumbai. The company’s operations have been global ever since its inception, which makes it an excellent courier partner for international deliveries and express import and export.
In Mumbai; Aramex is known for its asset-light business model that has been proven highly successful, and allows the company to quickly adapt to challenging market conditions and evolving customer preferences.
Key features of Aramex include:
* Comprehensive logistics and transportation solutions
* Services like record management and supply chain management
* Freight forwarding
* Co-packaging, seamless order tracking and bulk orders
9) DTDC Courier Company In Mumbai
Desk to Desk Courier and Cargo Express Limited (DTDC) was established in 1990 and its headquarters are in Bangalore, India. The company has got over 10,500 franchises and avail services in 240 international locations. DTDC is one of the best courier services in Mumbai and delivers to 11,400 pin codes across India. To maximize the customer’s fulfilment, DTDC provides inter-state and intra-city delivery options.
The key features offered by DTDC are:
* Bulk shipping, heavyweight shipping, and COD
* Reverse pickup facility
* Weight-based delivery charges
* Other value-added services
10) India Post In Mumbai for eCommerce Courier Service
India is a government-owned postal system that has been operational for over 160 years. Headquartered in Delhi, India Post has played an important role in the country’s social-economic development.
It has touched hundreds of lives of Indian Citizens by delivering mails, accepting deposits, providing life insurance policies, and offering other retail services like the sale of forms and bill collection, etc. India Post has over 1,55000 post offices and is the most widely distributed postal network in Mumbai.
Following are the other services provided by India Post:
* Identity cards for proof of residence
* Railway mail service
* Stamp sales
* Aadhar Enrollment and Updation
* Savings Bank and Savings Cash Certificate
Essential Criteria to Consider While Choosing the Best Courier Service Company in Mumbai for eCommerce Business
Now that we’ve provided you with the top 10 best courier service providers in Mumbai, it’s time for you to select one that suits you best. To help you do this, we’ve listed down the criteria that you should consider while selecting a courier partner.
This essentially deals with two simple questions - can the Mumbai-based courier company deliver to your desired location, and does it have the capacity to handle the volume of orders your business receives regularly? Now with the rapid increase in the eCommerce industry, it is crucial to select a courier company that can handle these complexities and keep up with the rising consumer demands.
2. Limitation on size and weight of cargo
Different courier services in Mumbai have different capacities of weight, freight and modes of transport. Although the size and weight of shipments may differ from order to order, you must consider the average size of the cargo being shipped out daily. An ideal courier partner will know how to deal with shipments of that size. If you’re dealing with bulky products, it’s best to select a partner that has expertise in that area.
3. Freight costs
If you find multiple couriers in Mumbai that offer you good serviceability in terms of weight, volume, and shipment delivery, considering the shipping rate will help you narrow down on your options. You don’t need to opt for the lowest rates, instead, lookout for the best rates for the best overall service.
The rate of shipments depends on several elements such as speed of the delivery, weight of the package, type of cargo and the location of delivery. You as a business owner in Mumbai must select the most important element required to keep your customers happy.
4. Delivery speed
The trick to any customer's heart is fast delivery and a stellar shopping experience. Generally, customers expect the shipment to reach them between 3-5 days; any longer than that tends to make them anxious and can result in cancellations or returns. Courier service providers in Mumbai with streamlined distribution networks are more likely to make deliveries faster. If speed is essential to your business, then selecting a courier partner that specializes in express deliveries will be ideal.
5. Hidden costs
Sometimes, companies that offer low prices tend to have several hidden charges involved, and this can significantly add to your expenses. An SLA between you and your courier partner can provide clarity and transparency, which will prevent any mishap, misstep, miscommunication.
Final Words About Courier Companies in Mumbai
The top courier companies in Mumbai reviewed above have all been in the industry for a few decades now and all of them are reliable and provide high-quality services. We’ve tried to make the process of selecting a courier partner in Mumbai easier for you by reviewing the top ten service providers in India and providing essential criteria to consider while selecting the same. Hundreds of other small and medium-sized businesses have already tried out these services in the past, so now you just need to find a provider that works for you.