The Complete Guide
Apps For Shopify Sellers
Dropshipping is a retailing model that allows store owners to ship items directly from manufacturers or wholesale suppliers to the customer. It does not require the seller to keep stock of items, handle packaging, or the logistics of selling an item, allowing aspiring entrepreneurs to start their own business easily.
Dropshipping has continued to surge in popularity in recent years, as more and more entrepreneurs are discovering the feasibility and profitability of running a business without having to worry about inventory. Since dropshipping involves zero inventory, it’s also a cost-effective business model for new ecommerce entrepreneurs.
Dropshippers have long relied on software solutions to manage their selling operations. Shopify, which is one of the largest platforms for dropshippers, offers a myriad of applications that facilitates the process. If you are an eCommerce business looking for the best dropshipping apps for Shopify, use this blog as an exhaustive guide to the best providers. In this blog post, we will discuss the top 17 dropshipping apps for Shopify and provide tips on how to choose the right dropshipping app for your business.
Here is a list of the top 17 Dropshipping Apps for Shopify based on the total number of installations, client reviews, and popularity.
The app allows users to search for saleable items from AliExpress from within the platform.
It provides 24/7 customer support.
It helps store owners manage their inventory and customize their listings.
The app can be used to track orders in real-time.
- The application allows users to handle large order volumes and enables bulk order processing.
- The app offers automated order processing and fulfillment.
- The app can only be used to import and sell items through AliExpress.
- Managing multiple stores with the app can be difficult.
The platform works on a print-on-demand basis with zero upfront costs.
It has over 250 items to choose from its catalog.
It offers 24/7 customer support.
The app provides a host of in-built tools for designing, preview, and branding products.
The app does not have a subscription fee.
The platform allows store owners to replace damaged products.
The app can only be used to ship apparel, home decor items, and related merchandise.
Although the model is relatively low risk, it also comes with bleak profit margins.
3. DSers (AliExpress Dropshipping)
- DSers can be used to quickly place bulk orders on AliExpress.
- It allows sellers to optimize supplier options.
- It can be used to create bundles of different products from separate sellers.
- It allows sellers to manage multiple stores through a single platform.
- The platform can help sellers place hundreds of orders in under a minute.
- The app supports multiple languages to cater to a diverse customer base.
The platform only integrates with AliExpress.
The platform does not have a US-specific product database.
Printify is a custom apparel and related merchandise dropshipping app that allows users to print items on demand without the need to keep stock of items.
- The app allows store owners to choose from over 250 items to sell.
- It can be used to connect with multiple printing partners across the US, UK, China, and other major consumer markets.
- The app handles end-to-end order fulfillment.
- The app can be used to custom brand products.
- The app offers competitive rates for printing custom products.
- The platform offers expedited shipping allowing sellers to ship items within 2-7 business days.
- The app offers limited branded options.
- There is little consistency in the quality of products.
Offers a free plan and a premium plan at $29/month.
Spocket is a dropshipping app that allows store owners to sell quick shipping items from several countries.
- The app gives users access to a large selection of discounted products.
- Users can access wholesale pricing through the platform.
- It auto-updates inventory and fulfills orders in a single click.
- The platform allows sellers to test products before selling.
- The app can be used to sell items across multiple countries.
- The app manages inventory and updates stock information in real-time.
- The free plan only allows sellers to view the catalog.
- Sellers cannot view inventory levels of suppliers.
Offers a Starter plan at $24.99/month, a Pro plan at $49.99/month, and an Empire plan at $99.99/month.
CJDropshipping is a selling app for getting items shipped from China to virtually anywhere in the world. It can be used to dropship items from 1688 and Taobao.
- The app allows users to import items to the seller’s store in a few clicks.
- It allows free sourcing of products.
- The app provides a myriad of print-on-demand options.
- The platform offers video production for best-selling products in a store.
- The platform offers a mobile app to manage the store on the go.
- The app has one of the largest product libraries for selling print-on-demand products.
- The app has high service fees for selling items.
- The UI of the app can overwhelm users with an overload of information.
Free-to-use the app with service fees per order.
teelaunch is a print-on-demand app for selling apparel, home accessories, office supplies, art, and select electronics.
The platform has over 170,000 feet of print-on-demand facilities throughout the world.
It allows users to sell in almost every country.
The app helps sellers run fundraisers and awareness campaigns through custom merchandise.
The platform has a large selection of POD products on sale.
The app has no monthly usage fees or subscription charges.
The app often faces issues with shipping duration.
The platform does not have a proper returns and exchange policy.
SPOD is a fast shipping print-on-demand app. It is a major POD platform with almost 10 million products shipped each year.
- The app offers a turnaround time of 48-hours.
- It gives store owners access to over 200 items.
- It offers a library of over 50,000 free designs.
- The app offers white label printing services.
- Almost half of SPOD orders ship in less than 24 hours.
- The platform does not have any signup costs and works on a pay-per-use model.
- The price of products in their catalog is higher than some major competitors.
- The platform does not offer custom branding facilities.
- The app allows sellers to custom brand their products.
- It offers automated order fulfillment capabilities.
- It ships items in under a week.
- Apliiq offers several customization options for design items.
- The app is free to install with zero upfront costs.
- The app can only be used to sell apparel and some accessories.
- The app has a smaller network of fulfillment centers and warehouses which can cause delays in delivery.
- The platform offers a private label program.
- It is integrated with AliExpress providing an extensive product catalog.
- The app offers expedited order fulfillment.
- It is the official partner of the AliExpress Booster Program.
- The platform charges a high transaction fee.
- Sellers need to upgrade their plans to access the complete network of suppliers.
- The app offers expedited order fulfillment.
- Users can upload their designs in bulk.
- The platform offers several personalization tools for designing products.
- The app allows sellers to track their ad conversion rates.
- The platform offers discounts on popular products.
- The platform does not require store owners to place a minimum number of orders.
- The app can only be used to sell apparel and related merchandise.
- International shipping is slow.
- EPROLO offers unified supply management solutions.
- It provides customized packaging services.
- The platform offers automated order fulfillment services and tracking solutions.
- Store owners can manage their inventory through the app.
- The platform offers an easy-to-use UI.
- It offers multiple customization options for branding products.
- The app’s catalog is smaller than its competitors.
- Customer service offered by the platform is inferior to its competitors.
- The app offers automated fulfillment.
- It provides custom packaging solutions.
- It allows store owners to customize the order page.
- It allows users to track orders.
- The platform offers several automation solutions for managing inventory and order fulfillment.
- The platform has an elaborate and reasonable return and exchange policy.
- The app charges very high fees for express shipping options.
- The app only offers custom branding options if store owners have a minimum order quantity.
Syncee is an international dropshipping platform with a large catalog of fast shipping products.
- The platform offers a catalog of millions of products.
- If it offers automated data uploads and sync.
- The platform can be used to get discounted rates.
- It offers a data feed manager to upload supplier information through CSV, XML, XLS, JSON, or TXT files.
- Large network of suppliers as well as a vast catalog of products.
- The platform allows users to create and manage listings through a single location.
- Returns and refunds are not managed by the app.
- The platform lacks bulk listing options.
Offers a free Starter plan, a Basic plan at $29/month, a Pro plan at $79/month, and a Business plan at $129/month.
- The platform guarantees orders fulfillment.
- It offers discounted products.
- It provides automated currency conversion.
- The platform can also be used to track orders.
- The platform offers high-quality customer service.
- The app displays suppliers with tags to help identify the nature of products, types of services, and product category.
- The fees charged by the platform can reduce margins significantly.
- The products offered through the platform are more expensive than some major competitors.
Offers a free Starter plan, a Basic plan at $19/month, a Growth plan at $49/month, and a Pro plan at $89/month.
- Dropified allows sellers to add items with a single click.
- It offers automated order fulfillment.
- The app provides comprehensive information on the profitability of products and operations.
- It offers eCommerce training to store owners.
- The platform allows users to manage multiple stores from a unified platform.
- The platform offers one of the largest product catalogs.
- Different plans do not differ significantly in features.
- The platform offers limited automation services beyond order fulfillment.
- The seller can either choose to buy the product for selling further or earn money by earning a commission on the sale.
- Store owners are able to curate products to enhance customer experience.
- Sellers can modify the name and description of the products.
- The platform automatically updates the availability and pricing of products to match data from Amazon.
- The platform allows users to sell the entire catalog of items on Amazon.
- The platform does not take a cut out of the commissions.
- The platform can only be used with Amazon.
- The image quality of imported products is generally poor.
Here are some factors to consider while choosing a dropshipping app.
The pricing structure of the application is one of the most important factors as it directly impacts your revenues and profit margins. The app should be reasonably priced and must not charge high service fees for selling products. Further, transaction costs must also be reasonable in order to maintain profitability.
Choose an app that serves your target market and has a large coverage. This enables you to target existing customers (if any), cater to a familiar market, and leave scope for expanding your operations to a large audience in different consumer markets.
4.3) Relevant features
The application must offer features that are relevant to your business. Choosing famous or cheaper apps without looking at the features could be detrimental to your business. Therefore, only choose applications that offer relevant services for your target market.
Before choosing a dropshipping app, look at the reviews of the applications from previous clients and current clients. Reviews allow you to understand the quality of service offered by the app’s developers and help you make an informed decision while choosing an app.
If you are starting a new business or looking to switch to different dropshipping providers for your business, you can explore Oberlo, Printful, and DSers. These are some of the highest-rated applications on the Shopify app store and offer high-quality products, a wide selection of suppliers, and impeccable customer service.