1) Overview of the Post Purchase Customer Experience Software and Its Importance in Ecommerce
Post-purchase customer experience is everything that happens to a customer after they have purchased anything from a brand. The post-purchase customer experience is an important metric for eCommerce companies because it helps them understand how consumers view their brand, their quality of service and just how likely they are to return to the brand in the future. In spite of prioritizing excellent customer journeys, many e-commerce companies fail to make a mark in this area.
As a result, many logistics software companies have come up with tailor-made solutions to help e-commerce retailers enhance the post-purchase experience of their customers. In this article, we will discuss the 10 best post-purchase customer experience software that every eCommerce business should consider tying up with. But first, let's begin by fully understanding the components that make up a post-purchase customer experience software and which services it provides.
2) What is Post Purchase Customer Experience Software?
Post-purchase customer experience software work to provide an easy-to-use interface for creating and managing orders. They make use of advanced technology to provide a uniform platform for fast integration with courier partners and storefronts. This enables order information to be pulled automatically at the time of manifestation and up until the completion of delivery.
The post-purchase customer experience software offers mostly the same services any other logistics intelligence software does. The only difference is that the goal of the post-purchase customer experience software is to improve customer journeys and nurture existing customers.
The post-purchase customer experience software offers integrated platforms for unified tracking, which include built-in software for automating order status updates, sending updates to customers, and managing exceptions. The goal of integration platforms is to use logistics intelligence to grant e-commerce companies full transparency and control over the supply chain while regularly pushing forward improvement initiatives to overcome both big and small challenges. All of these services aim at providing the best customer experience post-purchase. The final goal for all involved is to not only create the best online shopping experience for customers but also to deliver that experience consistently.
3) Top 10 eCommerce Post Purchase Customer Experience Software for eCommerce Businesses [2022 Updated list]
3.1) ClickPost Post Purchase Customer Experience Software
ClickPost is a leading international shipping and logistics intelligence platform operating in 250+ countries across the globe. The platform is integrated with more than 150 courier companies and major online storefronts such as Shopify, Magento, Woocommerce. It provides online businesses with logistics solutions to create, manage, and track orders while handling multiple shipping partners through a single platform.
ClickPost works best for medium to large enterprises and therefore features a solid post-purchase customer experience software that can handle returns well, provide around-the-clock customer support and offer a user-friendly tracking and complaint registration portal.
ClickPost is an ideal solution for large businesses with pre-existing courier partnerships with multiple shipping companies.
- ClickPost offers an intuitive dashboard with superior order management capabilities allowing online sellers to allocate, dispatch and track orders from a single location.
- It uses an EDD API integration to calculate and display the estimated date of delivery to consumers as they shop for products online.
- It enables eCommerce companies to create orders with a shipping company, generate the AWB, print shipping labels, and pack and assign orders for pickup using single API integration.
- ClickPost’s flagship product is its NDR management platform which ensures you receive prompt notifications for failed deliveries also known as non-delivery reports.
- Upon such notification, ClickPost reaches out to consumers through multiple channels to seek issue-specific responses.
- The responses are directly sent to shipping partners to help convert such events into successful deliveries.
3.2) ShipStation eCommerce Post Purchase Customer Experience Software
ShipStation is shipping software for eCommerce fulfillment. It is headquartered in Texas, US, and has offices in North America, Europe, and Australia. This software is designed to help online retailers process, fulfill, and ship orders efficiently.
ShipStation is integrated with more than 50 shipping companies, over 40 online selling channels, and several major online marketplaces including the likes of Amazon and eBay. ShipStation is a suitable solution for SMBs.
- Apart from the major carriers, storefronts, and marketplaces, ShipStation has partnered with ERP software providers, accounting services application developers, payment processing companies and integrated with various eCommerce tools companies for best customer experience post shopping.
- This software can help online sellers with order management, shipping label creation, branded post shipping experience as well as inventory and stock management.
- ShipStation allows companies to track the status and location of all orders from a single location.
- It offers a rate shopping feature to enable businesses to choose the most affordable shipping partner for a product depending on the size and destination of delivery.
3.3) MetaPack Post Purchase Customer Experience Software
MetaPack is a delivery management software provider headquartered in London. It was founded in 1999 and is the most widely used software in its category in Europe with over a third of all retailers in the EU as customers. This platform is integrated with more than 400 logistics companies worldwide along with 4900 delivery service providers. MetaPack maintains offices in UK, US, France Germany, Poland, Netherlands, United States, and Hong Kong. However, is known to offer little serviceability in Asian and North American countries.
- MetaPack has a large network of partners and offers several delivery services such as next-day delivery, international delivery, locker boxes, and click and collect service. Such lightning fast delivery services are a major win for post purchase customer experience.
- It offers a real-time tracking facility to clients, increasing brand engagement while simultaneously reducing WISMO calls from end consumers.
- MetaPack operates with the help of more than 350k pickup and drop-off locations around the world to help businesses store and dispatch orders on demand.
- It enables businesses to set up an automated returns management system with configured policies, regional carrier selection for handling returns, and more.
3.4) Narvar Post Purchase Customer Experience Software in eCommerce
Narvar is a California-based logistics and post-purchase management software application. Founded in 2012, it has a workforce distributed between North America, Europe, and India. Narvar is serving more than 800 companies in 38 countries and reaching more than 150 million customers using 55 different languages every year. Narvar’s platform processes more than 7 billion interactions per year for its clients.
- Narvar improves the shipping experience by enabling consumers to receive transparent delivery costs and date estimates before placing orders.
- It enhances the post-purchase order experience through custom branded tracking pages, prompt notifications for order status, and performance monitoring for shipments.
- This platform uses multiple channels to reach the customer to notify them of the status of their orders.
- It allows businesses to design branded messages that supplement user experience.
- Narvar offers an intuitive returns management system allowing businesses to develop a branded returns or exchange page.
- It enables customers to choose how to return the product, allowing both at-home pickups and drop-offs at more than 200,000 locations.
3.5) Shippo Post Purchase Customer Experience Tools
Shippo is a logistics management software company based in California. It was founded in 2013 and has since diversified its services to include international shipping and order fulfillment. It processes over $5.2 billion worth of orders in terms of merchandise volume and 100 million shipments each year for more than 100,000 partner brands. The platform is integrated with more than 60 shipping companies around the world.
- Shippo improves shipping for eCommerce businesses by comparing rates, providing access to discounts, creating shipping labels, scheduling pickups, and more from a single platform.
- It allows businesses to create a custom branded order tracking page which also promotes post-purchase marketing.
- This platform allows businesses to send branded shipment communications via emails to end consumers.
- It helps develop the brand’s identity and improves the user experience.
- Shippo’s API integration process allows users to connect with the platform and go live without any delay.
The platform gives users the ability to connect to all its partnered carriers through Shippo.
3.6) AfterShip Post Purchase Customer Experience Software
AfterShip is a Hong Kong-based logistics company that works on the SaaS model. AfterShip started in 2011 and has since then become one of the most sought-after shipping software for order tracking mechanisms.
AfterShip partners with over 877 carriers to provide worldwide shipping and tracking services for maximum post-purchase customer satisfaction. AfterShip processes about 6 billion packages every year with the help of its 200+ employees across the world.
- AfterShip manages post-purchase customer engagement with three of its flagship services - AfterShip multi-carrier tracking, AfterShip returns management and multi-carrier shipping API integrations.
- Ecommerce stores gain full visibility on their shipments with AfterShip's shipment visibility feature.
- It allows access to tracking data to so that online retailers can take actionable decisions to drive ROI through customer engagement.
- For the best post-purchase customer experience, AfterShip offers branded tracking to online stores.
- A branded tracking page can not only be fully customised to project brand image but also gives immense cross-selling and upselling opportunities.
- A major part of AfterShip's post-purchase customer experience software is the Estimated Delivery Date Engine.
- The EDD feature accurately predicts delivery dates which builds trust among customers and saves e-commerce companies from unwanted customer queries of WISMO calls.
- Brands can embed the AfterShip Track Button on the brand. coms or e-commerce storefronts.
- Alternatively, the AfterShip mobile app can also be downloaded on iOS and android devices to track and manage orders in real-time.
3.7)EasyShip eCommerce Post Purchase Customer Experience Apps
EasyShip is a shipping and logistics solution software company headquartered in New York, United States. EasyShip manages post-purchase customer experience by providing quick deliveries from its 50+ warehouses scattered all across the globe. EasyShip provides end-to-end logistics solutions to entrepreneurs in 220+ countries worldwide. EasyShip comes free of cost for small businesses with less than 100 monthly orders.
- EasyShip's post-purchase customer experience enhancing software automates several shipping mechanisms. Ecommerce companies can customise shipping options on the basis of carrier selection, locations, delivery type, size and volume of shipment, etc.
- This shipping software allows easy integrations with several ERP tools, selling channels like Shopify, Magento, and virtual storefronts like Amazon, Etsy, eBay.
- EasyShip provides multi-carrier shipment delivery even for international orders by tying up with local carriers. EasyShip's shipping prices are transparent and can be viewed and calculated directly on its website.
- To reduce delivery times and costs, EasyShip sends out orders from its warehouses located at key areas all across the world. Warehousing solutions don't only make eCommerce companies happy, it also enhances the post purchase experience of customers.
- Another feature that goes a long way to improve customer satisfaction is their 24/7 customer support.
3.8) Convey Post Purchase Customer Experience Software
Convey is a Texas-based delivery management software company looking to solve last mile delivery challenges and thereby improve the post-purchase customer experience. It was founded in 2013 and provides eCommerce retailers shipping services like drop shipping, tracking, fulfilment and delivery. Convey relies on analytics to deliver actionable insights to eCommerce companies to improve their post-purchase shipping service.
- With Convey, customers get accurate predictive delivery dates and real-time opt-in order status notifications on their phones and emails. In the case of order delays, online retailers can manage customer expectations by anticipating delays in advance and informing customers about the same.
- Offer your customers a fully immersive branded tracking experience with Convey's branded tracking page. Find opportunities to cross-sell while increasing customer engagement and driving sales.
- Convey features a good shipment exception management team that notifies customers and helps address any grievances.
- Convey has an amazing tool called Automated Appointment Scheduling that boosts post-purchase customer experience like nothing else. The tool allows shippers and customers to connect with each other and schedule or reschedule pickups and drop-offs.
- Convey receives order updates from all of its carriers and sends standardised order status messages to its customers. Standardised messages reduce confusion and help customers correctly estimate when their order might be arriving.
3.9) WeSupply Labs Post Purchase Customer Experience Programs
WeSupply Labs is a cloud-based SaaS platform that seeks to improve the post-purchase customer experience with proactive shipping strategies as well as a fully omnichannel approach. WeSupply Labs operates out of their head office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and services eCommerce clients globally. It has a customer-first approach to shipping that understands customer pain points in eCommerce shipping and aims to remedy that.
- WeSupply Lab's post-purchase customer experience shipping software provides both in-store and curtsied pickups that lineup well with its omnichannel approach.
- Customers can file product returns that are quickly processed by a solid RMA (Return Merchandise Authorisation) and Returns management. Managing returns well is essential for maintaining a healthy customer engagement.
- Avoid the dreaded WISMO calls by staying on top of your orders. WeSupply Labs allows eCommerce companies to track orders in real-time and efficiently deal with delays by intimating the customers well in advance. Order tracking should leave no room for surprises if your brand wants to enrich the post purchase experience of its customers.
- Woo your customers with the coolest branded tracking page feature provided by WeSupply Labs. Branded tracking pages get 3x times more traffic than carrier tracking features that come with no special features. Needless to say, for online retailers branded tracking pages offer great benefits in the form of upselling and cross-selling opportunities.
- The only way for an e-commerce venture to keep on growing is by constantly improving its shipping performance. WeSupply Labs provides online companies with regular logistical feedbacks to enhance performance that directly affects the post purchase experience of customers.
3.10) ParcelPerform Best Software for Post Purchase Experience
ParcelPerform is a customer journey and delivery management software headquartered in Singapore. ParcelPerform has global offices in Germany, Vietnam and the United States. Parcel Perform is an A.I-driven software that primarily focuses on improving the post-purchase customer experience by simplifying the shipping process. It enables eCommerce companies to automate a ton of shipping processes and communicate with their customers more effectively.
- ParcelPerform's scalable software solution comes pre-integrated with 700+ carriers for easy worldwide shipping. E-Commerce stores can also integrate easily with various eCommerce toolkits, ERPs, virtual marketplaces and selling channels.
- ParcelPerform allows online retailers to view order updates across multiple carriers in a single window and send directly trigger order delivery updates to customers. What's more, eCommerce retailers can also choose to input customer-specific information to make the order tracking feature more personalised for online shoppers.
- ParcelPerform's post-purchase delivery management software is driven by data logistics that also customises language preferences according to customer location.
- The post purchase customer experience software uses machine learning (ML) that anticipates the correct delivery date of orders and projects fairly accurate EDDs at the time of checkout.
4) What are the Key Benefits of Using the Post Purchase Customer Experience Software?
With the targeted and specialized approach taken by post-purchase customer experience software platforms to improve end-to-end logistics for companies as well as its customers, it enhances customer journeys in the following ways:-
4.1) Access to Advanced Tech
Integration platforms are fueled by market trends and driven by the latest technology available. They can serve many purposes, from automatic allocation of orders based on predetermined parameters to streamlining NDR receipts. The tech used is constantly evolving and updating to bridge any gaps found in the process of order tracking and carrier monitoring.
4.2) Tie Up With More Carriers
Picking out the best courier services partners to keep your wide customer base happy is like creating a custom ice cream sundae, designed to suit the most specific taste buds. It requires a mix and match of different ingredients (read: carriers), some big and some small, to balance out the best flavors.
An advanced recommendation engine that analyzes overall carrier performance alongside other parameters like dimensions and delivery destination can help you find that sweet spot. The post purchase experience of a customer can be highly influenced by the quality of services offered by a carrier.
4.3) Unified Tracking Platform
One of the biggest burdens of tying up with multiple courier partners is having to toggle between different backends and websites just to see where orders are. If you have 15 orders in transit spread out between 3 courier partners, keeping track of orders becomes a Herculean task. With a logistics intelligence platform, all ongoing orders with courier partners can be viewed in one place with up-to-date information.
4.4) Standardized Communication
Post purchase customer experience software platforms make use of SMS and other messaging gateways to ensure communications to customers remain consistent. Using the same language with all customers for every order cuts out any added confusion that may lead to escalations. Additionally, online retailers can even display messages in local languages.
4.5) Greater Carrier Visibility
Each function should be able to be viewed under a magnifying lens. You can also review the performance of courier partners separately to understand exactly what cogs in the machine need fixing.
4.6) Streamlined NDR Management (Non-Delivery Report or Shipping Exception)
An efficient NDR management system requires information to be conveyed fast. This mandates the use of advanced tech that may be beyond the scope of a traditional aggregator for eCommerce shipping.
A logistics post-purchase customer experience platform can provide you with a more streamlined workflow to manage NDR. It can also offer you tools to automate NDR management. You can then reach out to the carrier partner with the information collected to ensure the next delivery attempt is completed. Effective returns management is essential if ecommerce retailers want to keep customer satisfaction high.
|Software||Founded in||Headquarter||Founder||Employees||Location Served||Revenue|
|ClickPost||2015||Gurgaon, India||Naman Vijay, Prashant Gupta||100+||UA, UK, IN, CA, AU, JP, SG|
|ShipStation||2011||Austin, Texas||Jason Hodges, Byron Weir||270+||
US, United Kingdom, India, Japan
|MetaPack||1999||London,UK||Marcin Wójcicki, Patrick Wall||200||United States, UK, India, Japan||$46.4M|
|Narvar||2012||CA||Amit Sharma||312||USA, United Kingdom, India, Japan||$38.6M|
|Shippo||2013||San Francisco||Laura Behrens Wu Simon Kreuz Max Diez||260+||US,UK, CA FR, GE||$64.4M|
|Aftership||2011||Hong Kong||Teddy Chan, Andrew Chan||120+||United States, UK, India, Japan||$7.5M|
|Easyship||2014||New York, US||Tommaso Tamburnotti, Augustin Ceyrac||130+||USA, United Kingdom, India, Japan||$18.1M|
|Convey||2013||Austin,TX||Carson Krieg, Jenny Bebout, Dan Bebout, Rob Taylor||100||United States, United Kingdom, India, Japan||$14.5M|
5) Final conclusion
A post-purchase customer experience software is the future of shipping and delivery management. While the solution is currently suitable for businesses that generate higher order volumes, various small businesses are exploring the technology as well. A big advantage of post-purchase customer experience management platforms is standardization throughout the system to avoid creating confusion between multiple features, industry jargon, and partner services. A logistics intelligence platform such as ClickPost is a great way to manage orders, shipments, post-purchase experience, NDR, and returns. Such technology can help online sellers to scale with demand and provide consistently brilliant customer experiences over the years. The system is able to bring fluidity to the shipping process and simplifies order management for eCommerce businesses. We hope this article gave you a greater insight into why managing customers' post-purchase experience is crucial to a successful business. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours!
1. Which is the best eCommerce Post Purchase Customer Experience Software?
Post-purchase customer experience software work to provide a user-friendly interface for creating and managing orders. In this category, 1) ClickPost, 2) AfterShip, 3) Narvar, 5) Shippo, and 6) WeSupplyLabs are undoubtedly at the top. Others, such as Aftership and Narvar, provide similar shipping discounts while providing better visibility tracking. ClickPost also manages shipment exceptions, with a particular focus on the post-purchase customer experience and brand marketing.
2. What are the Key Benefits of Using the Post Purchase Customer Experience Software?
Customer journeys are improved in four ways thanks to post-purchase customer experience software platforms' customized and specialized approach to improving end-to-end logistics for enterprises and their customers. 1) Tech-enables automated platforms for streamlining logistics processes. 2) Unified Tracking Platform for multiple courier partners. 3) Greater Carrier Visibility for performance analysis. 4) Streamlined NDR Management to keep customer satisfaction high.