1. What is a 'Pre-order App' and How Does It Work?
It's typical to see the dreaded "out of stock" label appear on your eCommerce website due to an overly demanding timetable or a supplier issue. In each preceding scenario, substituting the "out of stock" or "coming soon" labels with an appealing pre-order option discourages buyers from abandoning the purchase. However, under such circumstances, you may use one of the best Best Pre Order Apps for Shopify to drive customers to your businesses.
A pre-order is a request for an item that has not yet been launched or is out of stock. Customers can place pre-orders for products before they are available. When the products become available, they are mailed to the buyer. Pre-orders may be used effectively by many businesses, from startups to giant corporations (such as Sony's massive Playstation 5 pre-sale) to smaller boutique companies. It allows your consumers to obtain the thing they've been looking for without having to travel to your rivals. One must not neglect Pre-order applications since they assist you close sales that you would have missed otherwise and provide insight into real-time product demand.
With so many pre-order applications for Shopify accessible, it might be challenging to choose one that meets your needs. That is why Clickpost has curated this list of the best pre-order applications for Shopify!
2. Top Pre-order Apps for Shopify:2.9) Coming Soon Products Pre-orders
3. Detailed Review of Pre-order Apps
3.1) Timesact pre-order app
Shopify rating: 5.0
The Timesact pre-order app seamlessly initiates the pre-order for your clients if your product is unavailable for any reason. Timesact pre-order app detects and changes the "Sold Out," "Out of Stock," "Backorder," or "Coming Soon" buttons to "Pre-Order." It offers a comprehensive bundle for Shopify shops. Timesact pre-order app provides all functionality free of cost until the first ten orders are received using this pre-order app. Following that, you are charged depending on the current pre-orders that are processed. This European-built app is flawless and a fantastic alternative for anybody wishing to include pre-orders into their Shopify site.
- The Timesact Pre-order button is supported on mobile, product pages, quick views, and AJAX carts,
- Customers may specify Pre-Order for specific variants and adjust product Availability Dates.
- Timesact pre-order app does not provide email/text updates for Pre-Order Customers.
- Some users faced minor installation issues.
3.2) Globo Pre Order app
Shopify rating: 4.7
Even if your goods are sold out, you may easily arrange pre-orders and product stock after installing the Globo Pre Order app. You have to select a product and enable the pre-order option. The standard "Add to cart" button on pre-order product pages is substituted with a "Pre-Order" button. The Globo Pre Order app displays a "Notify me" button when a product is out of stock.
Despite the product being out of stock, you may sell it. When your clients click the "Pre-Order" button, they will be sent to the usual order page. With a countdown timer, you can also select the day and time when your items will be in stock. When your products are back in stock, the Globo Pre Order app will automatically send a restock email to your consumers.
- You may enable or disable pre-orders for individual products/variants using the Globo Pre Order app.
- Users can choose the number of goods that can be pre-ordered.
- The user interface could be more seamless.
- Some users faced issues with features like product syncing and search filters.
3.3) Pre-order Today app
Shopify rating: 4.9
Pre-order Today allows you to automatically add the pre-order button for upcoming, out-of-stock, and sold-out products. This app includes sophisticated features such as pre-order badges, email templates, tagging, cart notifications, pre-order discounts, and much more. You may use Preorder Today's ordering and receiving analytics to forecast product demand by monitoring pre-order sales.
The Pre-order Today application substitutes your "coming soon," "sold out," and "out of stock" buttons with the "pre-order now" one. Customers may purchase things before they are available by clicking the pre-order now button.
- Pre-Order Today app lets you personalize the text on the pre-order label on the cart and checkout pages.
- You can add Pre-order badges to the goods and collections offered for pre-order.
- Most of their features are available with a paid plan.
3.4) Pre-order Me App by Easyshop
Shopify rating: 4.7
PreOrder Me app has a straightforward user interface. There are no hassles, from the user interface to the customizing features. As one of the longest-running Shopify pre-order apps, they have a loyal customer base that swears by the app's reliability in handling orders and providing you with a simple yet efficient alternative.
After installing the app, you have to search for the product and select the pre-order option, and the PreOrder Me button will appear. PreOrder-Me detects which goods are pre-ordered and automatically adds a label to them on the shopping cart page (you can personalize the label style and text as you want).
- On the Product/Shopping Cart pages, you may change the label style and text for PreOrder products.
- PreOrder Me app lets you modify the PreOrder Button style and wording on the Product page.
- Some users faced issues with features like product syncing.
- PreOrder Me app does not offer email/text updates for Pre-Order Customers.
3.5) Pre-Order Manager 2.0
Shopify rating: 4.3
Pre-Order Manager 2.0 is another popular pre-order tool that most Shopify users utilize. The pre-Order Manager 2.0 application is well-known as a pre-ordering powerhouse, and its development staff assures that the app is constantly evolving to fit your demands. If you do not profit from utilizing the app, you can get your money back within 60 days.
The Pre-Order Manager 2.0 app works right out of the box for 95 percent of the themes. Your consumer hits the Pre-Order button and follows the standard order procedure to purchase an item. The "Add to Cart" button will be substituted with the "Pre-Order" button for out-of-stock items. The same option may be used to sell "Coming Soon" items, manage pre-sales, and conceal the "Sold Out" button.
- The pre-Order Manager 2.0 app offers simple design customization features.
- Pre-order customers will receive email/text updates.
- Some users faced difficulties with the smooth running of the application.
3.6) Preorderly app
Shopify rating: 4.5
The Preorderly app focuses on dependability and a customer-centric approach to pre-order management. The creators give proactive support in fine-tuning the app to best suit your needs. The Preorderly app itself includes all of the necessary features you may want, as well as a support crew that is prepared to go above and beyond to assist you.
You may reduce customer service hassles by providing precise product arrival schedules! The Preorderly app keeps your consumers up to date on availability and delivery timescales by showing a brief message beside the "Preorder" button. It can be used to notify when product delivery is expected to begin.
- Fully customizable to comply with the guidelines of your brand.
- Order tagging is available in the Preorderly app, allowing you to locate orders, including pre-order goods, quickly.
- The user interface can be more straightforward.
- Some customers faced issues with the uninstallation feature of the application.
3.7) Advanced Pre-Order app
Shopify rating: 4.5
Advanced Pre-Order was built specifically to address concerns based on seller experiences by Infonet, a company that makes Shopify businesses from the ground up. User evaluations emphasize the several benefits of the Advanced Pre-Order custom support package, which provides merchants with specialized help from a developer for 4 hours each month. This feature appears to be a game-changer in the pre-order Shopify applications area.
The Advanced Pre-Order App installation process is incredibly straightforward and user-friendly. Products may be accessed in the products tab after installation. Pre-order can be enabled or disabled for each product and its variations. After allowing, browse the same product page on the frontend, and you should notice a "Pre-Order" button instead of the Add to Cart button (if your product is out of stock).
- The Advanced Pre-Order App allows you to sell many variations of the same product with partial payment on pre-order.
- You may enable the countdown timer on product pages for a limited time.
- The setup process is a bit complicated.
- Some customers faced issues with the smooth running of the application.
3.8) Pre-order Now app
Shopify rating: 4.5
Pre-order Now makes it simple to replace the unpleasant 'Out of Stock' button with an appealing 'Pre-order Now' button, allowing customers to purchase your items even while they are out of stock. Consequently, you provide a more positive client experience and sell more products.
Your clients may access powerful features such as pre-order badges, mixed cart notifications, emailing, tagging goods, pre-order discounts, and more. Pre-order Now is excellent for crowdfunding products and things that will be available shortly. You may create funds for your project by selling your idea. You may also send individual emails to pre-order customers after checkout.
- The Pre-order Now is compatible with quick product views, AJAX collection pages, and more.
- The app offers automatic discounts to pre-orders like the pros.
- The app is not compatible with all kinds of themes.
3.9) Coming Soon Products Pre-orders
Shopify Rating: 4.6
Coming Soon Product app offers fully customizable options suitable for many businesses. This well-configured pre-order app comes with some dynamic features to make your product launches more effective. You can set availability dates for your products hassle-free with automated product publication.
The Coming Soon Products app gives you control over the design and style for pre-order badges, availability labels, and coming soon buttons. This pre-order app offers two product types: pre-order products and coming soon products. Both the product types have several features like date setting, labels, buttons, etc, that are fully customizable.
- The customer support team has a good track record with this pre-order app.
- This app's downtime is low, and customers appreciate the customization available for pre-order page setup.
- Tagging and tracking products are options that you will not find on the Coming Soon Products app.
3.10) PreProduct Next-Gen Pre-order
Shopify Rating: 4.9
PreProducts enable brands to set pre-orders for their upcoming product launches. With options like pre-sell, gauge demand and recoup cash quicker, you can utilize PreProduct for enhancing your product launch. This Pre-order app supports pay now, pay later, and deposit-based pre-orders. You can customize your email campaigns with dynamic variables available with the PreProduct app.
Design elements like pre-order buttons, cart, colours, font, logo, etc., are completely customizable in the PreProduct app. Moreover, this pre-order offer customers a dedicated portal to monitor and update their pre-orders. With the PreProduct app, you can avail of additional features like setting up shipping dates, discount pre-orders, multiple quantity orders, and maximum order limits.
- PreProduct app integrates well with your business and is a great fit for small-scale operations.
- This pre-order app is intuitive, easy to use, and has a reliable customer support team.
- The PreProduct might not be highly suitable for businesses looking to scale up their operations.
4. Selecting the Best Pre-Order App
Any eCommerce company probably doesn't want to lose customers when their product is out of stock. As a result, merchants should use the Pre-order App for Shopify mentioned above. Different circumstances need different forms of pre-orders. A startup looking for finance for its first production run will have different requirements than an established brand looking to test, validate, and capture demand for its next release. When looking for the same, consider the following key criterias:
The upfront cost of the application and any ongoing costs should be a significant factor for you. It's worth mentioning that most Pre-order apps employ a freemium pricing model, with certain key features being provided for free and the rest costing extra.
4.2) Email and text updates
Email and text subscriptions will update your clients about the status of their ordered product. Customers can pick the number of notifications they want to receive by merely subscribing to a product variation. This way, you will boost sales in your business.
4.3) Marketing strategy
Marketing a pre-order product may be done using your existing ecommerce platforms. However, you will find a lot of success with methods like viral loops and incentives, social media marketing, and partnership with influencers.
4.4) Pre-Order method
You may provide a few distinct types of pre-orders, each with its own set of perfect use cases:
- Pay now pre-orders: This is the most popular kind of pre-order. It's practically the same as a regular purchase but with a lengthier shipment timetable.
- Pay for pre-orders later: The buyer placed their order now and intends to pay later. Since no money has crossed hands, both the vendor and the buyer have agreed that they may back out of the contract whenever they like.
- Crowdfunding: Crowdfunding platforms allow firms to sell pre-production items with an approximate delivery date (typically months, not days), with the understanding that the consumer would only be charged in the future if a specific amount of pre-orders are placed.
5. Overall Recommendation
Pre-orders have never been more adaptable and practical for eCommerce businesses than they are now. There are several compelling reasons to provide pre-orders, including the benefits to cash flow, the flexibility they provide for product launches, and the risks they may mitigate. This article guides you through the list of best Pre-order applications for Shopify and also check these Shopify returns management apps to help you make an educated decision.
Timesact Pre-Order and Globo Pre-Order are two highly reliable applications. If you're seeking tried and tested programs with a large user base, Pre-Order Manager 2.0, Pre-Order Now, and Preorderly fit the bill more than any others. If you want dependability and world-class assistance, these applications have you covered.
6. FAQ on Best Pre Order Shopify Apps for Shopify
6.1) Which are the best pre-order apps for Shopify?
The best pre-order app for your Shopify store depends on your specific requirements and the size of your business. Some popular choices are Pre-Order Manager 2.0, Pre-Order Now, Preorderly, Timesact Pre-Order Globo Pre-Order, Advanced Pre-Order, etc.
6.2) How to choose the best Shopify pre-order app for your ecommerce business?
Selecting the best Shopify pre-order app necessitates taking into account a number of factors, including the scale of your business, the app's annual price, the features provided, customer service, and so on. Before deciding on the best Shopify pre-order app, it's a good idea to look at its user interface and the pre-order approach that works best for your company.