Introduction of the Best Local Delivery Apps for Shopify
Have you been struggling with planning your local order pickups and deliveries? And is charting out the delivery routes a hassle? Local delivery for Shopify apps is here to rescue you from the humdrum labour-intensive stage of the last leg of your Shopify store’s order processing.
With the ability to generate order lists, map delivery points, and optimize drop-off routes using Shopify’s Local Delivery apps, fulfilling local orders is a piece of cake!
Arm your fleet with the app of your choice and efficiently delegate drop-off tasks, while you check real-time order status updates on your Shopify mobile app.
Detailed Review of the Best Local Delivery Apps for Shopify
1) ProPickup: Store Pickup by Amai
ProPickup: Store Pickup by Amai is the perfect solution for Shopify Stores that are situated in multiple locations or a single one. This Local Delivery app offers customers the ability to choose the best shipping method. By connecting it with a Shopify store locator app you'll be sending out orders in no time. What's more, it would also make it easier for your customers to find you wherever you're located.
By setting up a flexible day and time schedules, customers can pick their preferred slot for pickup and comes with the feature to send post-delivery notifications to admin and customers. You can link inventory to locations on this app to check stock and also limit the availability of products to respective locations if you have multiple stores.
- With the ability to limit pick-up orders for every slot, you will never be overwhelmed with customer numbers.
- For convenience in delivery mode, you can set a maximum radius for distance, or limit areas by zip code.
- As with pick up, you can limit the number of deliveries per day.
- You can key in multiple warehouses rather than limit yourself to just your Shopify store location.
- Several users report difficulties with installation and integration with certain themes.
- Does not integrate with GPay or subscription services.
2) InStore Pickup Local Delivery by LogBase
InStore Pickup Local Delivery by LogBase offers curbside pickup and local delivery solutions. This Local Delivery app allows you to organize pickup and delivery schedules from 1 hour to 15-minute durations.
Instore Pickup Local delivery by LogBase integrates with Shopify POS apps and Shopify Express and is customizable for mobile screens. This app allows you to filter orders by name, date and order number and supports Blackout dates.
- This Shopify app for Local Delivery translates to store language. Alternatively, integrating with a Shopify translation app would give you a wide range of languages to offer your customers.
- You can set delivery rates by zip code, delivery date, time slot, product weight and value
- Easily limit pickup and delivery per slot to avoid crowding.
- Allows you to impose delivery restrictions as per the customer's zip code and carrier delivery radius.
- Customers can check local delivery eligibility on your Shopify store’s homepage.
LogBase’s Local Delivery app allows customers to select local delivery without providing a delivery address requiring you to get in touch with the customer for clarifications.
3) Store Pickup + Delivery by Zapien
Fully loaded and customizable, Store Pickup + Delivery by Zapiet is ideal for Shopify stores with single or multiple locations. This Local Delivery app allows pickup, delivery and shipping orders from your Shopify store’s POS and allows customers to choose the date and time of their choice. Using CSV, you can bulk import and export data from your Shopify store.Fitted with a zip code search, customers can search for the most convenient pickup point. You can easily set products as ship only, delivery and pick up only based on order total or weight. However, if you're looking for more comprehensive delivery solutions then, a multi-carrier shipping software would be a better option.
- Using this Local Delivery app, it is easy to organize pickup dates and availability for each store.
- The automated tagging of orders with date, time and location is a helpful feature
- With the option to limit pickups and delivery per day, product level preparation time and customisable breakpoints, order fulfilment is convenient.
- This app supports all languages.
- This Local Delivery app does not support multi-language stores.
- Store Pickup + Delivery by Zapiet is unstable and suffers from glitches.
- Customer service is often slow to respond and resolve difficulties with the app.
4) Order Delivery Date by Identixweb
Order Delivery Date by Identixweb allows customers to choose store pickup and delivery based on zip code. This local delivery App for Shopify makes it convenient for customers to plan date-specific gift deliveries, rush deliveries and group packages.
Fully customizable, this customer-centric app integrates and allows you to manage orders through Google Calendar and set shipping times by plugging in blackout dates, holidays and working days. It supports different pickup and delivery dates and times for different locations as well as prints packing slips for the orders. It can also pair easily with Shopify apps for order tracking to ensure timely deliveries.
- With multi-language support, Order Delivery Date by Identixweb translates the app to store language.
- Using filters like delivery type, order status, location and date, you can export your orders to CSV.
- Create custom tags for pickup, delivery and shipping for easy data organization.
- Easily limit the number of orders by time slot and day for convenience.
- This Local Delivery app offers several pricey add-ons for most essential actions which can be thrice as expensive as the base plan.
- Bulk upload of products slows down this app by Order Delivery Date by Identixweb.
- Several users report a buggy app.
- The app’s customer support is often slow to respond or resolve issues.
5) Alpaca Local Pickup & Delivery by Alumworks
This Local Delivery App for Shopify developed by Alumworks is perfect for scheduling multi location click and collect. With optimized workflows and packing slips and picklists for order fulfilment, curbside pickup and local delivery are easy and customizable.
Alpaca Local Pickup & Delivery by Alumworks shows pickup/delivery rates by distance or zip code and allows customers to schedule their pickup and set location-specific pickup instructions with time slots and days. You can even block pickup on specific dates or holidays.
The theme integration and customisation tools make it easy to complement the app to your Shopify store.
- With this Local Delivery app’s ability to limit pickup per slot and request advance notice, you can prevent overcrowding at your store.
- A bonus feature is the app’s ability to only show pickup options for local customers based on IP address.
- It's easy to generate delivery routes and share them with your fleet via SMS or email.
- Displays location–wise inventory to customers.
- Users complain of glitches in-app. It does not offer Shopify returns management and Exchange features.
- While the pricing for a single store is higher than most apps but still affordable, multi-store accounts with add-on features can be extremely expensive.
6) Supertime Delivery Date Picker by Roundtrip
Supertime Delivery Date Picker by Roundtrip helps you run your business smoothly by setting parameters for delivery dates and schedules. This Local Delivery app lets your customer choose delivery type, date and time from a calendar pop-up plugged with blackout days for holidays and occasions.
When checkout is complete, the customer’s delivery selection is added to the order note.
The automated mode integrates well with all themes from the Shopify store. Fully customizable, this Roundtrip app displays every language by region and every time/date format. The only thing missing is a currency converter which can be easily fixed with a Shopify currency converter app.Pros:
- Supertime Delivery Date Picker by Roundtrip allows you to add scheduled date and time of delivery to customer emails, and order pages, and export them to Google Calendar.
- With the ability to create unlimited time slots for both delivery types, spreading out the order fulfilment is easy.
- It’s simple to set order limits by slot and even schedule breaks during the day.
- Using Roundtrip’s app, you can schedule prep time for each order, allowing you to offer same-day or next-day delivery to the customer.
- With Supertime Delivery Date Picker by Roundtrip, you cannot configure date/time options by product type.
- Some of the customization sections of this app can be a little confusing.
7) Delivery Date Schedule by Appsonrent
Another customer-centric Local Delivery app for Shopify, Delivery Date Schedule gives customers control over their orders and lets them choose the time and date for pickup and delivery.
Entirely customizable with CSS, you can match this Appsonrent app to your Shopify store. With this app, you can display the delivery date and time on the order confirmation email, thank you page, as well as order details page. Customers can view the estimated date and time for delivery displayed as a countdown timer on the product page.Pros:
- Armed with multi-language support, this app comes with customizable text.
- Delivery Date Schedule shows all the order details on the app’s calendar.
- This Local Delivery app allows customers to add notes before and after the time slot.
- You can easily limit the number of orders for each day.
- This Appsonrent app has many technical glitches, especially about the date and time slots.
- This Local Delivery app doesn’t work on the checkout page which could result in confused shoppers.
8) Omega - Order Delivery Date by Omega
Easy to customize, Omega - Order Delivery Date by Omega allows you to manage local pickup and delivery in multiple locations. Powered with a delivery calendar setting to match your capacity and working hours, you can customize multiple active and cut-off time slots.
With this app, you can automate same-day delivery of orders placed by cut-off time slot.
- Omega apps allow you to individually customize delivery commands according to the product.
- With the ability to limit the number of orders per day and time slot, you gain control of order fulfilment.
- By synchronizing the order date, time and value, orders will be auto-tagged and their status can be monitored on the app.
- You can give yourself some breathing space by setting a minimum duration between the date of order and delivery.
- This Local Delivery app for Shopify by Omega suffers technical glitches.
- While Omega-Order Delivery Date’s customer support is quick to respond, their tech support’s resolutions are delayed. If this app fits your bill in all other respects except customer service, then we suggest pairing it with a Shopify customer support app for end-to-end support.
9) Local Delivery By Locate2u
The Local Delivery app provides comprehensive features for managing delivery and pickups for customers. That includes scheduling deliveries and pickups, and setting up delivery and pickup locations, with optimization according to the convenience of customers and business owners. Additionally, you can set delivery dates and minimum order amount to make delivery services more profitable.
Furthermore, you can block out dates, offer in-store pickup and set delivery limits. The Local Delivery app provides unlimited delivery and pickups with a range of customization for scheduling.
- Allowing customers to schedule delivery dates during the check-out process ensures fewer abandoned shopping carts.
- The customer service for the Local Delivery app is very helpful and responsive.
- This local delivery app does not offer a wide variety of features for the price cap, but the customer supports promises more features in the future.
10) G: Store Pick Local Delivery
G: Store is a free subscription app offering a bunch of comprehensive features that business owners can utilize for their pickup and delivery services. It offers optimization like date and time picker, compulsory in-store pick for specific products, set a limited number of pickup days, and email notifications.
The above-mentioned features make pickup and delivery services hassle-free for your customers. Moreover, the G: Store app provides comprehensive features for showing store locations on maps and facilitates interaction with the stores. Further, you can display your stores according to criteria like address, distance, etc.
- G: The store delivers a good performance with timely customer support, and it comes with a free subscription.
- The customizations available for pickup and delivery are comprehensive enough to support any e-commerce business.
- The G: Store app suffers from glitches and freezes up sometimes, which are issues that need considerable support from the tech team
How to select the Best Local Delivery App for Shopify?
For quick and seamless order fulfilment, have a look at these factors and take your pick of apps that tick the boxes for you.
- Customization - Although the features offered by Local Delivery apps are pretty similar, some of the developers go a little further and offer customization support to tailor-fit your Shopify store’s needs. If your Shopify store needs something a little less vanilla, opt for an app that invites requests for special coding and integration.
- Tech Support - While most Shopify apps for Local Deliveries come with excellent customer support, the tech support is where they miss the target. Especially when it comes to customization, go for apps that have a proven track record with coding to your demands.
- Location-wise - Everything is quite simple if your Shopify store has one location. However, if you have inventory in multiple locations, things can get a little dicey and pricey. The economical base plan of most apps supports only a single location. And the multiplication of locations has a proportionate effect on the monthly fee.
- Hidden expenses - While all apps boast of their fully loaded features, read the fine print with care. A few of the top-rated apps ask you to pay up even for essential features that you cannot do without. Look for an app that offers most of what you need in the base plan and calculate extras wisely.
- Perks - Keep an eye out for bonus features that would suit your business. Is a Local Delivery app specializing in gift delivery or same-day delivery worthy of your attention as a florist or baker? Do you deal with luxury products with a client base who would enjoy receiving detailed order status updates? Is your business more reliant on pick up or delivery? Do you process order fulfilment by yourself or with a fleet? What feature perk would benefit your Shopify store?
If you’d like to integrate your Shopify store with a customer-centric Local Delivery app, choose from Supertime Delivery Date Picker by Roundtrip, Order Delivery Date by Identixweb, Alpaca Local Pickup & Delivery by Alumworks, Delivery Date Schedule by Appsonrent. Although you can set the parameters for delivery slots and dates, these Local Delivery apps give customers the power of choice in picking the most suitable option for them, be it pick up or delivery.
Order Delivery Date by Identixweb is the perfect choice if you mainly deal with gift deliveries and group packages.
If your Shopify store relies on CSV exports to share information with staff, pick from Store Pickup + Delivery by Zapiet, Order Delivery Date by Identixweb.
While Alpaca Local Pickup & Delivery by Alumworks suggests the nearest pickup location based on the customer’s IP address, Store Pickup + Delivery by Zapiet offers solutions based on the customer’s zip code search.
For stores that facilitate same-day delivery of purchases made before the cut-off time, Omega - Order Delivery Date by Omega is the right fit.
If you have warehouses in multiple locations, Store Pickup by Amai and Alpaca Local Pickup & Delivery by Alumworks help you detail the number of products available in inventory for each location.
If you’d like to share detailed order and delivery information with your customers, Store Pickup by Amai and Delivery Date Schedule by Appsonrent are safe bets.
1) Which are the best Local Delivery Apps for Shopify?
Depending on your requirement, choose from these top-rated apps- ProPickup: Store Pickup by Amai, InStore Pickup Local Delivery by LogBase, Store Pickup + Delivery by Zapiet, Order Delivery Date by Identixweb, Alpaca Local Pickup & Delivery by Alumworks, Supertime Delivery Date Picker by Roundtrip, Delivery Date Schedule by Appsonrent, Omega - Order Delivery Date by Omega
2) How to choose the best Local Delivery Apps for your Shopify store?Choosing the best Local Delivery App for your Shopify store depends on several factors such as:
- What is the product type you retail/wholesale?
- Does your Shopify store have more than one location?
- Is your order fulfilment pick-up heavy or delivery heavy?
- The number of people involved in the order fulfilment process requiring information and updates.