Overview of Shopify Apps in the USA
Running an eCommerce business is a unique ball game with so much to oversee apart from shipments; for instance, email marketing, security checkouts, speed optimization, and much more. Thankfully, there are apps available on Shopify to help manage and add new functionalities to your e-store within clicks.
For your growing eCommerce business, Shopify has got the ideal ecosystem of experts and apps to provide you with services and solutions for your varying requirements. With the help of these, you as a merchant can simplify the functioning of your store, by automating processes, enhancing store design, enabling marketing, and increasing sales. On the Shopify App Store, there are hundreds of apps that cater to specific needs and purposes, making it much easier for your business to reach its goals.
But despite all of this, while setting up a new business or scaling up, it can get overwhelming to select the best Shopify apps that’ll suit your business perfectly. That is why we’re here to simplify this process for you. Listed below are the top ten apps provided by Shopify in the United States that you can use to better manage your eCommerce business. We’ve also shared the criteria you can use to find the right app to fulfil your needs.
Top 15 Shopify Apps in the United States (USA)
Here is a list of the 15 best Shopify apps for eCommerce in the USA:
9. Plugin SEO
Detailed review of Shopify Apps in the United States (USA)
ClickPost is a platform for shipping management and it offers a private integration with Shopify along with a comprehensive set of features, which makes it one of the leading eCommerce logistics platforms. Their system provides an automated integration with over 130 carriers and the entire process of order manifestation is carried out with a single API.
- A carrier selection engine that is completely AI-driven which enables fixed and custom business-specific metrics to be configured
- Inbuilt push and pull API integration to provide a single view dashboard for faster order tracking
- RTOs are actively reduced, for ClickPost sends out periodic emails to customers to inform them about their shipment
- A branded tracking page that helps manage shipping exceptions
- Return management and NDR management capabilities
ClickPost is available free of cost for 14 days, after which the basic plan is about $29 per month. In case you need advanced features, that ranges from $79 to $299 per month.
ShippingEasy is also amongst Shopify’s top apps for it helps eCommerce stores to sync orders across multiple platforms with different shipping carriers. The platform enables businesses to process their orders automatically so that there is no need to enter information while creating shipping labels.
- Customized packing slips according to the requirements of your brand
- Regular status updates on all your selling channels
- Helps with marketing and promotions via targeted emails
The basic package starts at $5 per month which allows for 50 shipments and ranges to $159 per month for 10,000 shipments.
Shippo is a delivery and fulfillment service provider and one of the top-ranked apps on Shopify. It assists businesses in syncing their orders with shipping partners as well as Shopify automatically. This helps you get a consolidated view of all your orders and shipping partner updates through a single dashboard.
- Pre-filled shipping labels which help in speeding up the process
- Simplified process of returns
- Discounted shipping rates and orders sent on in split shipments, which helps reduce costs
Shippo is available free of cost, however, for advanced features, you will have to pay a fee of $10 per month.
Similar to the apps above, ShipStation is a delivery and shipping platform that handles up to 10,000 shipments. Once this app has been configured to your systems, several functions that require manual effort can be automated. This helps increase the efficiency of the deliveries and improve the shipping process.
- Creation of labels in smaller batches with free steps involved
- Simplified process for international shipping
- Real-time check for shipping partner rates and estimated delivery times
The company offers a range of plans, the most advanced plan is available for $159 that allows 10 users for 10,000 shipments per month.
This app is a multipurpose shipping solution and its installation is free of cost. Through Easyship, your eCommerce store can get access to over 250 global courier services along with discounted rates on several shipping solutions.
- Assists in shipping, fulfillment, delivery and customer service
- Simple integration with existing courier service partners to help manage all orders from a single location
- Single view dashboard for customers to track their orders
- Easy comparison of shipping rates, taxes, custom duty rates and other costs associated with shipping
Easyship is free of cost however, external charges may apply.
Aftership is one of the top apps on Shopify that offers multiple features to increase engagement with customers and manage shipments. This app is specifically created for tracking multiple orders across various shipping companies that have partnered with your business.
- A dashboard where tracking notifications from your shipping partners are automatically updated
- Direct notifications of order status to the customer once it has been updated on the dashboard
- Customized and personalized tracking pages specific to your brand and according to your customer preferences
AfterShip is available free of cost up to 50 shipments, after which there are several plans available ranging up to $199 per month.
NetParcel is an app that offers discounted freight services, parcel prices and several other options that fit your requirements. It is free of cost, however, you could face some external charges during installation. This app can help you save up to 70% via courier service providers like FedEx, UPS and DHL.
- Allows users to import, deliver in bulk, and send the order tracking to the customers
- Assists in connecting with multiple reliable carriers across North America
- Enables users to compare shipping rates and select their favorite service couriers
NetParcel is available at $49 per month.
This app is a great way to turn your newest buyers into regular customers and implement different types of online marketing tactics. It generates thank you emails and helps build trust within your customers, which pays off in the long run and ensures your brand is remembered. Seguno is a good fit for those stores that don’t want to annoy their buyers by constantly bombarding them with long-form sales copies. The app is available free for cost up to 250 subscribers.
- Generates discount codes that stand out
- Utilizes dynamic recommendations for an abandoned cart
- Helps in building loyalty within new buyers
The app is available free for cost up to 250 subscribers.
3.9) Plugin SEO
This app has been specifically curated to keep an eye on e-stores and ensure that their SEO is intact. Once Plugin SEO has been installed, all the aspects relating to SEO, like broken links, blog content, speed, keywords, and other problems in your website will automatically be taken care of and you won’t need to check all pages individually. This will help score more stable traffic to your website. This app is ideal for those who wish to manage their SEO content without any hassle.
- Sends out alerts when there is an issue regarding SEO
- Provides instructions for free, including snippets of code for fixing the SEO
- Helps in gaining organic traffic by checking and improving e-store SEO
The basic SEO scanning is available free of cost, however, to unlock more features, you will require to pay $20 a month.
Oberlo offers dropshipping services to allow users to find the most popular products on the internet and immediately start selling. It is perfect for businesses that wish to set up a dropshipping model instead of an inventory model.
- All orders can be tracked in a few clicks
- Offers to ship directly from supplier to consumer without the interference of a third party
- Assists in finding trending products to dropship from suppliers globally
This app is free of cost, however, as your store grows, you will be required to get the premium version of the app which is available at $29.90 per month.
This app provides referral marketing, which is a great way to generate more sales. Smile motivates your customers to purchase more from your store by spreading information about it. This app is a good fit for those who wish to run a loyalty program. The user-friendly backend of this app makes it one of the top choices on Shopify.
- VIP based loyalty program, which includes points and referrals to promote more sales
- Results can be easily checked via analytics
Smile is free of cost, however, for advanced features, you will have to purchase the premium plan.
Kit helps create and manage successful campaigns and is a good fit for businesses that are looking into social media marketing. This app is smooth and comes with an easy user interface.
- Provides a messenger with an interface that makes it easier to run Facebook and Instagram ads
- Uses AI to search for targeted traffic for your business
It’s available on Shopify free of cost.
This app offers a printing service that can be used for your customized creations. Printful requires minimal investment and helps create and send out designs on your behalf. This app is a good fit for those looking for a way to offer a wide range of items to their customers without any interference in the production process. With its help, you can easily and quickly offer new products for sale without holding any inventory.
- Easy selling of custom T-shirts, posters, mugs and other such products
- Zero need for inventory
The first time Printful can be used for free, however, there will be a fee for every order after that.
ReferralCandy on Shopify is perfect for a personalized referral program curated just for your business. It’s a good app for those who don’t wish to lose sales by ignoring the word of mouth referrals.
- Automated reward delivery to make the process of referring easier
- A clean and organized dashboard for monetizing referrals
It comes with a 30-day free trial, after which it is $49 a month.
PushOwl offers web push notifications where you can entice the customers to return to their abandoned cart on your web store also you can use Shopify returns management apps for supervise order returns and purchase the products they have shortlisted. It’s a good fit for businesses that want to remind their customers about abandoned products, send notifications, and generate more sales.
- Sends out customized reminders and campaigns for abandoned carts
- Review notifications are sent out once the product has been shipped
- Provides back-in-stock notifications for a sales boost
It is free of cost up to 500 impressions, after which it charges users $19 per month.
Criteria to select the most suitable Shopify App for your U.S. based eCommerce business
Though we have provided you with the top 15 apps on Shopify, it can still be confusing to pick a suitable solution if you have no experience with any of these apps. This is why we’re here to help you. Listed below are five important criteria to consider before selecting a Shopify app.
4.1) Core features
All the apps on Shopify come with their own set of core features. Some of them focus on simplifying, integrating, and automating your shipping operations, whereas others work on providing a comparison of shipping rates and NDR management. Take a look at the shortlisted features and see which of them align with the requirements of your business.
4.2) eCommerce needs
When it comes to growing your business or scaling up, you may have some very specific requirements. Most of the apps on Shopify have additional features and integrations which can better address your business needs. For instance, if an increase in brand loyalty is what your business requires, then being able to provide customized shipping is the solution. So, consider an app that can fulfil this need.
This generally refers to the process of integrating a shipping app or delivery management system with your business setup. The implementation of any app should be easy and efficient, otherwise, you’re bound to have delays in your orders.
4.4) Low Downtime Issues
Almost any software can suffer from downtime issues. It depends on the customer support and beck end tech team to reduce the overall downtime of your software. Because, time is everything in business and you would not want your software to be down and perform inconsistently, resulting in lost customers.
4.5) Ease of Use
Once the app has been installed and integrated into your system, the objective is to make your job easier. This means that the system should have an easy interface that can be easily used by everyone. If the platform is difficult to use, it will cause a delay and confusion in deliveries.
One of the best determinants to ensure you’re choosing the right app is reading reviews written by former and current users of the app. This will give you a clearer picture of the features and services provided and what challenges you could face.
Shopify provides great functionality where you can add to the versatility of your eCommerce store by making use of the several features and apps available on it. There’s a long list of options available on Shopify which can be quite overwhelming to look through if you need to augment your e-store’s capabilities. Hence, we recommend you take a closer look at the apps we have shortlisted in this post. These apps are sure to build the reputation of your eCommerce store, boost sales, and help you retain more customers.