1. Overview of Package and Parcel Tracking Software
The ability to track orders is a major advantage of online shopping. Not so long ago, customers never dreamt of being able to track their orders every step of the way. Parcel and package tracking software has enabled eCommerce stores and online retailers to provide such premium shipping and delivery management features to their customers. Today’s customers indeed want faster deliveries than ever before. But it’s also true that a customer will mark their post-purchase experience as a good one if they are notified about their order’s whereabouts even when their delivery is delayed. That’s the power of package and parcel tracking software.
Enabling order tracking on all shipments might seem like an obvious feature to offer your customers. Yet, many online stores and brands do not have a proper package and parcel tracking system. The absence of a streamlined package and parcel tracking system dissuades customers from ever coming back to your store because of the bad and uncertain shipping experience. Research says, the post-purchase customer experience highly influences the chances of returning customers.
In this article, we will take you through what a package and parcel tracking software is, how it works, which are the best parcel tracking software in the eCommerce world, and finally, how to choose one that suits your business. Stay tuned!
2. What is a Package and Parcel Tracking Software?
An eCommerce package and parcel tracking software track the delivery of packages from a warehouse to the customer’s doorstep. A package and parcel tracking software automatically trigger order updates notifications to a customer’s email, SMS, or WhatsApp from the moment an order leaves the warehouse. It is responsible for maintaining accountability of order fulfillment and requires digital signatures to establish proof of delivery. The best package and parcel tracking software usually provide various other shipping services like order management, inventory management, and warehousing. A package tracking software, most notably, provides branded tracking opportunities for eCommerce companies and online retailers.
3. Top 10 Best Package and Parcel Tracking Software for eCommerce Companies & Business [2021 Updated List]
ClickPost is the world’s fastest-growing multi-carrier integration platform that provides extensive package and parcel tracking solutions to e-commerce enterprises worldwide. ClickPost currently assists online retailers to ship their orders to over 250+ countries across the globe. ClickPost’s A.I.-driven platform automatically sends order and tracking info to customers on their email, SMS, and WhatsApp. Customers are notified at every order milestone.
- Integrate with over 150 carriers to reach customers all over the world.
- Track multiple shipments with a single click from an easy-to-use dashboard that contains order information from all your selling channels, online storefronts, and eCommerce marketplaces.
- Provide a branded tracking page experience to your customers and cross-sell products with the help of featured images.
- Manage shipping exceptions or failed deliveries with ClickPost’s unique NDR Management tool (Non-Delivery Report) that quickly recognizes the cause of a shipping exception so that eCommerce companies can act upon it.
- Provides regular detailed analytics reports on shipping and tracking performance.
- ClickPost offers exceptional customer service in case of any technical or shipping-related queries.
- Offers route optimization feature for easy identification of the fastest possible route to the customer’s delivery address.
Aftership is an end-to-end parcel and package tracking software that caters to eCommerce businesses and helps them improve the post-purchase customer experience. It monitors shipments automatically and partners with 877 carriers for swift and effective delivery.
- AfterShip integrates with all major selling channels and eCommerce giants like Shopify, Amazon, Magento, WooCommerce, etc.
- Predicts fairly accurate delivery dates or EDDs.
- Provides actionable insights to improve customer satisfaction.
- AfterShip caters to eCommerce businesses of all sizes with Free, Essentials, Pro, and Enterprise tracking plans.
- Gain access to a fully branded tracking solution.
ShipStation is a complete shipping software that offers several key package tracking software benefits to the eCommerce retailer. It has a global presence in both domestic and international supply chain and parcel delivery markets.
- Integrates with hundreds of selling platforms, shopping carts, marketplaces, accounting tools, and tools as well as several fulfillment and logistics providers.
- Avail of ShipStation’s order management feature that allows online stores to combine/split/filter orders as well as add alerts to order when a specific action has to be taken.
- ShipStation has something to offer everyone with their shipping plans ranging from 50 shipments per month to 10,000 shipments monthly.
- The package tracking software easily integrates with label printing APIs and allows multi-label printing. Ecommerce companies can also browse shipping rates and choose the lowest among the offering.
ShippyPro is delivery management and package tracking software that helps eCommerce businesses improve shipping operations. ShippyPro provides end-to-end logistics management starting from pickup to tracking and finally drop off. It currently provides its services in 36 countries across the world.
- Easily integrate your online shop with 163 carriers and 70+ sales channels.
- Manage returns easily with ShippyPro’s returns portal that accepts international returns and provides a branded returns page for maximum customer engagement and business growth.
- Scan all order data like the number of shipments in transit, stuck shipments, etc., from a single dashboard.
OrderHive is among the best parcel and package tracking software that lends order management services to the eCommerce retailer. It brings automation to the package tracking software system.
- Track all orders and send order updates to customers automatically.
- Real-time inventory tracking and management with the help of technology that reduces errors.
- Get access to multi-location warehousing, automated order allocation to carriers, and multi-carrier shipment tracking.
- Ecommerce companies using Amazon’s FBA account can easily take care of shipping operations with OrderHive.
3.6) LogiNext Mile
LogiNext Mile is a last-mile delivery management software that also provides integrated parcel and package tracking solutions for eCommerce businesses. It serves both domestic and international clients and has 4 main offices in the USA, Singapore, Indonesia, and UAE.
- LogiNext is a hardware-agnostic software that allows eCommerce companies to tie up several platforms like ERPs, CRMs, WMS, selling channels, shopping carts, and virtual storefronts.
- Gain shipment visibility with a real-time order tracking mechanism. Send order updates to customers at every milestone.
- Manage reverse logistics and turn it into opportunities for revenue generation with LogiNext.
17Track is a parcel and package tracking software that allows eCommerce companies to track orders from more than 200 carriers at once. It’s great for tracking on the go as it has a mobile app compatible with both android and iOS devices.
- 17Track comes pre-integrated with 700+ carriers and several other sales channels like Amazon, Shopify, Magento, etc.
- Auto-track orders and send order updates to customers at every milestone. 17Track also allows eCommerce businesses to trigger alerts to customers when there’s a delay in delivery or change in ETA.
- The app is available is multiple languages so that businesses and their customers from any corner of the world can get a holistic shipping experience.
Deliveries is one of the best parcels and package tracking software apps that tie-ups with all major shipping and tracking software companies like FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Deliveries provides delivery and tracking services to 21 countries currently.
- Synchronise order data from all platforms, websites, and eCommerce sites onto a single dashboard.
- Track and trace orders in real-time. Give access to quick order info retrieval to customers via the mobile app.
- GPS-enabled route optimization for faster deliveries.
- Multilingual interface allows customers to choose or translate to a language of their own.
3.9) Parcel Track
ParcelTrack is a popular parcel and package tracking software that is most suitable for companies receiving and shipping bulk orders. It offers its services globally. It takes care of the entire delivery management and post-purchase customer experience for eCommerce companies.
- ParcelTrack uses a single dashboard to show order data like pending orders, shipped orders, orders in transit, delayed orders, etc.
- Track parcels on the go with the help of the ParcelTrack mobile app.
- GPS-enabled delivery fleets make live tracking of orders easy and efficient.
- Automatically allocate carriers on the basis of delivery range, location, type of shipment, etc., and provide estimated delivery dates for all your orders.
ShipWay is a parcel and package tracking software that provides complete shipping and reviews management services to eCommerce companies to boost sales and increase NPS scores. NPS (Net Promoter Score) is a metric used to determine customer experience.
- Provide branded tracking to all your customers with customized tracking pages, personalized email, and phone notifications.
- Track orders in real-time on the app and also by tracking the delivery vehicle.
- Provides order and inventory management for eCommerce businesses of all sizes.
- To manage shipping expectations and increase sales via word of mouth, ShipWay also provides reviews management
4. How to Choose the Best Package and Parcel Tracking Software for Your Online Business
4.1) Shipping Costs
Going for the parcel and package tracking software that costs the lowest is a bad idea. What you should do instead is weigh the number and kind of additional services the software company offers against the price it charges for those services. Determining that should give you the true value of the shipping service.
4.2) Serviceable Areas
When choosing a package and parcel tracking software for your business always look at the areas it offers its services to. The area your package tracking software delivers is of key importance to your business. Picking your targeted areas should also help you narrow down the list of package and parcel tracking software companies to choose from.
4.3) Availability of Multi-Carrier Tracking
Every eCommerce company soon finds itself in the need of using 2 or more carriers to reach their customers. Tracking orders from multiple carriers separately is too much hassle. Therefore, make sure your parcel and package tracking software integrates with multiple carriers and enables multi-carrier API integration and tracking so that you can track orders from all your carriers through a single platform.
4.4) Technical Skill
The best package and parcel tracking software heavily rely on technology to provide real-time tracking updates to customers. Tech capabilities of various package tracking software may vary depending on their use of A.I, push and pull notifications, shipping APIs, and other metrics.
4.5) Customer Care
Supportive customer service is of great importance when choosing a parcel and package tracking software as eCommerce clients may need help with technical issues. Good customer support also builds confidence and trust in a business relationship and solves problems before they escalate and hamper business goals.
All business relationships are built on trust. And when it comes to choosing a package and parcel tracking software it becomes doubly important because the performance of the software will directly affect your business and customer experience. To ascertain a package tracking software company’s reliability, go to their website and check out their reviews.
4.7) Branded Tracking
A branded tracking page is one of the most sought-after features of the parcel and package tracking software. Branded tracking is a win-win situation for both eCommerce companies and their customers. With branded tracking, online retailers find an added opportunity to sell their wares and customers get a brand-positive experience that helps build loyalty and awareness towards the brand.
4.8) Availability of Mobile Apps
Since most online shopping today happens on mobile apps, it only makes sense to pick a package and parcel tracking software that is mobile-friendly and has an app that is downloadable on all android and iOS devices. A mobile app allows online retailers to manage and track orders from wherever they are.
5. Final Conclusion
Ecommerce is rapidly evolving and one of the major factors contributing to its growth is the innovation in logistics technology. With the help of technology, parcel and package tracking software have enabled eCommerce businesses and 3PL providers to automate a lot of the shipping processes and reduce manpower. All of these changes have led to a package tracking system that is almost entirely foolproof. As eCommerce package and parcel tracking software improve, so will its efficacy.
Whether you are a business newly starting out or an eCommerce enterprise with hundreds of daily orders, the one thing you must strive to provide your customers is complete transparency about the order tracking process. Updating every single customer about their order’s location is impossible. Therefore, the best way to go about maintaining a streamlined shipping and tracking service is by choosing the best parcel and package tracking software. Doing so will lead to faster deliveries and thereby increase your sales. We hope this article helps you in finding the right parcel and package tracking software for your business.
6. FAQs on Package and Parcel Tracking Software
6.1) Why do I need the best package tracking software for my business?
The quality of the order tracking feature directly influences a customer’s post-purchase experience. To ensure all your customers receive a hassle-free shipping experience with an accurate estimated delivery date, you must invest in the best package tracking software.
6.2) Which is the best package tracking software?
There are many packages and parcel tracking software in the market but ClickPost, AfterShip, ShipStation, and Shippypro are considered the best.
6.3) Which is the best package tracking app for android and iOS?
A few names among the best package tracking software app are - Deliveries, ParcelTrack, and 17Track.
6.4) What is a branded tracking page?
A branded tracking experience enables online stores to redirect customers to their own fully-branded tracking page to track orders. An ecommerce store can set up its branded tracking page using its own brand colors, logo, social media feeds, and much more. It also gives brands the unique opportunity to cross-sell and upsell products while a customer is tracking their existing order. A branded tracking page boosts sales and customer engagement post-purchase through a fully immersive experience.