What Is EasyPost?
EasyPost is a shipping solution that focuses on improving the logistic part of your order fulfillment process. The software focuses on providing affordable shipping solutions to e-commerce companies by offering discounts and flat rates on 100+ carriers.
The EasyPost comes with a reliable API with 99.99% uptime and single-point integration. The API is developer-friendly. The EasyPost suggests that the API be integrated with your systems to save on those precious developer hours.
EasyPost reviews suggest that it also provides various other features within its API, which allow you to track your packages across 100+ carriers through a single API. Along with that, the API will enable you to create labels using a pay-and-print method. Another critical feature of EasyPost is that it provides Shipment insurance at discounted rates.
Although the software provides affordable shipping solutions through a single point of integration, EasyPost reviews suggest that the software lacks critical features that enhance the post-purchase experience on your platform, as well as features to handle shipping exceptions.
2. Reviews of EasyPost: An extensive review of EasyPost’s Features
Now that we have an idea of what EasyPost can offer, let’s take an objective look at the features more closely to analyze the benefits in the real world. The following information has been compiled after a laborious analysis of the expert discussions and customer reviews from various review platforms.
2.1) Shipping Management
Shipping is a crucial cog in the order fulfillment machinery of the e-commerce company. As the company continues to scale, efficient management of the shipping operations determines its success as an e-commerce company.
1. Address Validation API [Our Score: 4 out of 5]
EasyPost shipping API comes with a free address validation API that allows you to reduce the number of failed and lost deliveries.
2. Easy Customs Declaration [Our Score: 3.5 out of 5]
Customs forms and declarations can be a nightmare while shipping internationally. Reviews of EasyPost show that the software provides unique features for straightforward customs declaration.
1. No Shipping Delay Management [Our Score: 1 out of 5]
EasyPost reviews show that the software provides no shipping delay management solution. This can result in frustrating situations when shipping exceptions arise during the fulfillment process.
2. No Fulfillment Support [Our Score: 2 out of 5]
The EasyPost software does not provide any fulfillment support, posing a challenge as you scale your operations.
3. Insurance Claims [Our Score: 1 out of 5]
Although the software provides insurance for the shipments at discounted rates, the reviews of EasyPost show that the insurance claims may not consistently be awarded in case of lost and damaged cargo.
2.2) Multi-Carrier Integration
Multi-carrier integration can unlock massive potential for your e-commerce business. It can allow you to expand your customer base and improve delivery speed and will enable you to provide exceptional services like Next-day delivery.
1. Multi-carrier access [Our Score: 3.5 out of 5]
With over 100+ carriers integrated with single-point API, EasyPost can provide integration with widely known carriers like USPS, DHL, FedEx, UPS, and many more.
2. Rate Shopping [Our Score: 4 out of 5]
Reviews of EasyPost show that the users appreciate the ability to shop for shipping rates before choosing the carrier.
1. Address-type specific services [Our Score: 2 out of 5]
If a customer places an order with the address in a PO Box format, then the software does not allow you to choose any other carrier service other than USPS.
2. Number of Carrier partners [Our Score: 2 out of 5]
We found multiple EasyPost reviews which say that the software needs to integrate more courier partners within its API. We found this review which highlights the long wait time it takes to integrate with new carriers.
While buying shipping management software, the reliability and usability of the software become imperative to its functionality and value. The services you wish to purchase and avail them through a reliable, easy-to-use interface.
1. Server Uptime [Our Score:4 out of 5]
EasyPost proudly boasts about 99.99% uptime and reliability of its API so that the server downtime, if any, does not affect your business.
1. No App Access [Our Score: 1 out of 5]
Reviews of EasyPost show that the service does not provide an app for IoS or windows, hampering the usability on the move and the desk. You can only access its services through a web browser.
2. No Customer Service [Our Score: 1 out of 5]
Multiple EasyPost reviews suggest that the service does not have an active and responsive customer service team that can help you deal with shipping exceptions and service-related issues. We found this review where the customer highlights the problem.
2.4) Shipping Label
Generating and printing shipping labels can be a tedious task in which you cannot afford to make human errors. That is why most e-commerce companies use software for generating and printing shipping labels for accuracy and speed.
1. Pay-and-print billing model [Our Score: 4 out of 5]
User reviews of EasyPost suggest that regular customers appreciate the hassle-free pay and print billing model adopted by the software for its Shipping Label Generation API.
1. No Automatic Label Printing Option [Our Score: 1 out of 5]
EasyPost reviews show that the customer finds it difficult to handle bulk orders using the software as it does not provide integration for automatic shipping label printing.
2. UI for Shipping Label [Our Score: 2 out of 5]
We found multiple reviews of EasyPost that suggest that the UI for the Label Generation API is not user-friendly and is a hassle to learn and navigate. At the same time, the EasyPost competitors offer customizable labels in a user-friendly interface.
Pricing becomes an essential factor in ensuring that the shipping solution you choose is sustainable for your business. Various software packages provide a free trial or a free plan to give you a glimpse of how their software can help you.
1. Free Plan [Our Score: 4.5 out of 5]
EasyPost pricing page suggests that the software allows you to handle 120,000 shipments for free with its services. This includes free address verification with each label as well as tracking and shipping insurance services.
1. Unexplained charges [Our Score: 1 out of 5]
We found multiple reviews of EasyPost that show that the software charges its clients for hidden fees and charges in several cases.
2.6) Order Tracking
Order tracking is an essential aspect of a satisfying and enabled customer experience on every e-commerce platform. Tell a customer the almost exact whereabouts of their order can create mutual trust between the two entities.
1. Automatic Tracking Updates [Our Score: 4 out of 5]
EasyPost allows you to use implemented webhooks to pull automatic tracking updates from the carrier websites.
2. Data-driven Reports [Our Score: 3.5 out of 5]
The EasyPost software generates comprehensive reports about your shipments to provide you with data-driven insights to make better data-driven decisions about your business.
1. Only email notifications [Our Score: 2 out of 5]
EasyPost only notifies your customers through e-mails, while other alternatives of EasyPost provide notifications to customers through multiple modes of communication.
2. No Integrated Tracking Dashboard [Our Score: 1 out of 5]
Reviews of EasyPost suggest that it can be quite a hassle to track the shipments sent through EasyPost as the software does not provide an integrated tracking dashboard.
2.7) Post-purchase Experience
Post-purchase experience helps you establish a loyal and repeating customer base, which is an invaluable asset to any e-commerce business. By enhancing the post-purchase experience, you allow the user to enjoy the complete buying experience and reduce post-buy remorse by keeping the user engaged.
1. Continuous Updates [Our Score: 4 out of 5]
The EasyPost API pulls the updates in real-time to provide a more accurate order location.
1. Basic Branded Tracking [Our Score: 2 out of 5]
Although reviews of EasyPost show that the software allows you to create a branded tracking page. But, the software offers a weak branded tracking page that does not provide any cross-selling abilities.
2. No Delivery Date Prediction [Our Score: 2 out of 5]
The software does not provide delivery date predictions on your platforms, a feature that most of its competitors offer.
3. No Returns Management [Our Score: 1 out of 5]
Returns can be a crucial part of the customer experience. EasyPost reviews show that the software does not offer any return management services, which can hinder customer experience.
3) The Final Word
EasyPost is shipping management software that is popular among small and medium-sized businesses, and the above review tells us why. EasyPost provides excellent service to those looking to ship through widely known carriers at a discounted rate.
While EasyPost boasts about the reliability of its software, the software lacks some key features if you are looking for a complete fulfillment solution. The services of EasyPost can be used by individuals and other smaller companies who like to focus on delivering the product rather than how and when it is delivered.
The developer-friendly shipping API of EasyPost is easy to integrate and can be customized to suit more of your needs. With the shipping label printing services, the software allows you to bring some orders into your fulfillment operations.
EasyPost's free plan makes it easier for smaller businesses to avail its services without facing the burden of subscription fees. With additional features like rate shopping and real-time tracking updates, EasyPost reviews show a perfect fit for individuals looking to start their business. Still, the EasyPost Shipping services are not suitable for scaling organizations.
Reviews of EasyPost also talk about how the EasyPost software is not suitable for e-commerce platforms. The software lacks the features that can provide post-purchase services to your customers.
4) The Final Scores
In our expert opinion, we would rate the EasyPost services about 3 out 5 as it provides excellent shipping management services but lacks vital features on the client and customer side. While the EasyPost may be a viable option while starting, it is better to look at other EasyPost competitors if you are looking for a long-term shipping solution. We have listed the top 5 EasyPost alternatives and a brief review below so that you can make an informed choice.
1. ClickPost is a cloud-based logistics platform that optimizes your fulfillment operations and enhances customer satisfaction by providing key post-purchase features. The software is known to automate various fulfillment situations like Shipping Delay Management, NDR management, and Returns management that allow you to optimize your fulfillment operations and enhance the customer experience on your platform.
Overall Score: 4.5 out of 5
2. Narvar is an order management software that focuses on enhancing the post-purchase experience that allows you to create a repeating customer base. The repeating customer base can unlock the true potential of your products and services, and you can reduce your customer acquisition costs significantly. However, Narvar reviews suggest that the UPI may not be user-friendly and can complicate the technical side of things for your business.
Overall Score: 4 out of 5
3. Shipstation is US-based software that allows e-commerce companies more control over their post-purchase experience. The software provides complete inventory and order management solutions that enable you to improve customer service and expertise. The ShipStation reviews suggest that most of its customers choose its services as it provides best-in-class fulfillment management services at an affordable price. However, the software is known to have multiple glitches and does not offer responsive technical support.
Overall Score: 3.5 out of 5
4. ParcelPerform is a shipping and tracking service company that allows you to integrate courier services from multiple carriers under one dashboard to streamline and optimize your fulfillment operations. The software enables you to provide a customer toolkit to resolve customer queries faster. The ParcelPerform API has some glitches that can hamper the efficiency of your shipping operations.
Overall Score: 3.5 out of 5
5. Metapack is a delivery management software that focuses on carrier selection and analytical insights into your shipping operations to optimize your order fulfillment operations. Another great feature of the software is that it enables you to maximize your customer service operations by providing tracking data to customer service agents and automated responses to common customer queries. However, Metapack lacks key shipping management features and technical support to make it an ideal choice.
Overall Score: 3 out of 5
5) FAQs about EasyPost Reviews
5.1) Is EasyPost free?
EasyPost does provide a free trial and a free version that provides some of its services for free for up to 120,000 shipments in a year. EasyPost pricing structure includes the label charges and shipping insurance at discounted rates.
5.2) How Does EasyPost Work?
EasyPost is a hub connecting you with multiple carriers with already negotiated rates. When you enter the order details, the software shows you rates for different pages, which allows you to choose that suits your needs.
5.3) Is EasyPost Reliable?
EasyPost API is known to have integrations with widely known and trusted carriers like USPS, DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc. Along with that, EasyPost provides shipping insurance for all your shipments at discounted rates to ensure maximum safety for your orders.