1) Overview of Courier Companies in Saudi Arabia
The eCommerce boom has hit the world market like a storm, and Saudi Arabia is not behind. Currently, eCommerce sales make up 17.5 percent of all retail sales worldwide. The exponential growth of the eCommerce industry has also facilitated the growth of the logistics and transportation sectors to meet the increased volume of demand and supply.
More and more consumers now expect free and faster deliveries. These demanding shipping expectations challenge the traditional supply chain model. If an eCommerce business wants to survive and strengthen its customer base, it must pay close attention to its post-sales shipping infrastructure or stand to lose valuable customers.
An eCommerce business, however big or small, needs to manage several fronts like product development, marketing, social media, customer service, and others to ensure the business's overall success. However, in the mix of things, it can be easy to overlook one of the most critical components of a successful business - logistics. This blog talks discusses the best Ecommerce courier service providers in Saudi Arabia.
They handle the majority of logistics and shipping operations for online businesses. After an order is placed, courier partners handle the manifestation of the order and generation of AWB (airway bills) until the pick-up and drop-off of shipment to the customer. Businesses may rely on them for inventory storage before an order is placed and during transit.
2) Top 15 Best eCommerce Courier Services Provider Companies in Saudi Arabia [Cheapest and Fastest]
Aramex has grown rapidly to become a global brand, serving 220+ countries worldwide. Aramex currently provides comprehensive logistics and transportation solutions in Saudi Arabia and other countries in the Middle East.
- They provide express courier delivery for both domestic and international shipments.
- Rapid and cost-effective freight shipping services from land, air, and the ocean are also available.
- Aramex partners with eCommerce solution providers like Shopgo and Martjack to help host virtual storefronts, assist in supply chain management, and provide technical support for businesses that want to start selling online.
|Founder/s||Fadi Ghandour, Bill Kingson|
|Services||Ecommerce logistics, Multinational logistics, Cross-border e-commerce, Express courier delivery, and International shipping.|
2.2) Barq Express
Barq Express, also called Al Barq Express, is an ancillary of the major conglomerate Alafaliq Holding, based in Riyadh. They provide logistics, courier, and delivery services to individuals and eCommerce businesses.
- Their A.I.-driven recommendation engine uses route optimization to chart out possible routes. It selects the one with the least traffic congestion so that parcels get delivered the fastest way possible.
- The Barq Express API integration uses one unified express number to track regional shipments. It sends real-time updates on the status of orders to both enterprises & customers via SMS and Whatsapp messages.
- Barq Express offers hyperlocal services or 2-hour deliveries within select areas of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
|Company Name||Barq Express|
|Headquarters||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Services||Domestic shipping, Logistics operations, Warehousing, Cash Payment services, Hyperlocal delivery, and Route optimization.|
2.3) Saudi Post
Saudi Post (SPL) is the brand name of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, a government-led postal service system in Saudi Arabia.
- They offer two delivery modes for eCommerce businesses that ship domestically and internationally- Express and Economy.
- With express shipping, your shipments can be insured beforehand and delivered to the customer's doorstep.
- It also allows a shipment weight of up to 30kgs.
- With the economy mode, customers will receive their shipments at their nearest parcel station.
- All orders can be tracked via the SPL online platform and the mobile app.
Saudi Post (Al-Bareed)
|Founder/s||Directorate of Posts, Telegraphs, and Telephones|
|Headquarters||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Services||Postal service, Courier delivery, Domestic shipping, Mail service, Ecommerce courier service, Live tracking|
UPS (United Parcel Service) is a transportation and logistics company working in 220+ countries worldwide, including Saudi Arabia. It offers innovative solutions to businesses, big and small. It is especially well-known in high-growth healthcare, SMEs, and international markets.
- UPS provides a host of shipping options for eCommerce businesses. Depending on your frequency of sending out shipments, you can choose between the Low Volume Scheme or the Volume Shipping scheme.
- Automated heavyweight global shipping product, WorldShip, oversees the packaging of LTL (Less-than-truckload) and air freight shipments.
- Avail discounts when paying via PayPal, credit cards, or a UPS user account.
|Company Name||United Parcel Service|
|Founder/s||James E. Casey|
|Headquarters||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Services||Parcel delivery, International shipping, End-to-end logistics, Warehouse management, Inventory management, Real-time tracking, Packaging, Pickup and Dropoff, and Order management.|
Fetchr is a cloud-based eCommerce logistics platform that is good for any business that looks for flexibility in their courier partners. Fetchr uses advanced logistics technology to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Fetchr is renowned for its superfast delivery in its hyperlocal and express delivery options.
- Manage your orders and inventory levels, optimize shipping, and keep track of every nitty-gritty logistical detail of your business.
- The platform's predictive analysis tools provide prompts to help your eCommerce business earn greater profits and revenues.
|Services||Last mile logistics, Cloud-based logistics platform, On-demand delivery, Mobile app, Warehousing, Shipping, and Ecommerce fulfillment.|
2.6) SMSA Express
SMSA Express is an express transportation and logistics service provider in Saudi Arabia. It has been working in the region for more than 20 years. It has 200+ retail centers spanning across the kingdom.
- An automated, secure shipping service comes with real-time tracking facilities for home and business address deliveries.
- The carrier platform sends notifications to customers to ascertain the cause of returns. This aids in keeping RTO% at a minimum.
- Aside from core shipping services, they also cater 3PL services like warehousing and distribution for eCommerce enterprises for proper supply chain management and inventory keeping.
|Company Name||SMSA Express|
|Founder/s||Naif Sultan Al Athel|
|Headquarters||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Services||Ecommerce logistics, 3PL, Temperature-controlled shipping, Supply chain management, Express courier service, and Freight forwarding.|
The Dubai-based ride-hailing company, Careem, is a subsidiary of the internationally operational taxi aggregator Uber. Careem has recently entered the eCommerce courier and logistics sector with the introduction of Careem Express. For now, express shipping options are only available through bike deliveries in Dubai.
- Super-fast deliveries happen within a short time frame of 45-60 minutes.
- Careem's advanced mapping technology finds the shortest route with the lowest traffic bottlenecks to get your shipments to your customers in a time-efficient and cost-efficient manner.
- Stay on top of your game with 24/7 technical support should you find any difficulties tracking your shipments or managing orders.
|Company Name||Careem (Uber Technologies)|
|Founder/s||Mudassir Sheikha, Magnus Olsson|
|Services||Hyperlocal delivery, Mobile app, On-demand delivery, Ecommerce, Express delivery, Courier service, Logistics|
2.8) Naqel Express
Naqel Express provides end-to-end logistics and supply chain management solutions to eCommerce businesses.
- Avail time-definite express shipment deliveries of less than 35kgs all over the world.
- Shipments weighing more than 35kgs can be shipped within Saudi Arabia and other GCC countries.
- They offer personalized sea, land, and air freight services for imports and exports.
- A freight specialist informs clients of their shipments' best routes, schedules, and rates.
- Naqel Express can clear all international shipments on the client's behalf with a Customs Clearance License.
|Company Name||Naqel Express|
|Founder/s||Mohammed Al Bayati|
|Headquarters||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Services||B2C logistics, International shipping, Domestic Express, Freight shipping, Ecommerce delivery, Hyperlocal, E-fulfillment services, Courier delivery, Warehousing, and Omnichannel fulfillment.|
FedEx is an American multinational delivery services corporation that provides inland and international logistics and shipping solutions to Saudi Arabia.
- Its well-equipped and trained personnel cater outstanding transportation services that can handle high-value weighing up to 68kgs per shipment.
- FedEx manages customs clearances for all your orders shipping outside the country. All orders can be tracked from the FedEx website or the tracking link in real-time.
- The FedEx Tracking Tool saves all your shipments and lets you track them in real time from one single interface. It provides express delivery, freight, and overnight shipping services for time-sensitive orders.
|Company Name||FedEx Corporation|
|Founder/s||Frederick W. Smith|
|Headquarters||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Services||Scheduled delivery, Pickups, and Dropoffs, Ecommerce logistics, Supply chain operations, Real-time order tracking, Packaging, Customs clearance, Online returns management, Performance Analytics, Internationa shipping, and Cross-border sales.|
2.10) Zajil Express
Zajil Express is one of the most favored shipping partners by eCommerce businesses for its on-time delivery within the cities of Saudi Arabia.
- They offer a plethora of door-to-door shipping services that ensure the pick-up, transport, and delivery of all your shipments.
- Transportation time varies according to the distance your shipment needs to cover.
- Presently, shipments can be delivered within 4 hours for distances less than 500 km, 48 hours for distances more than 500 km, and 72 hours for distances more than 1000 km.
- They can ship orders weighing up to a massive 25 tonnes. However, these orders must be pre-booked, and delivery times must be prearranged.
- For super urgent deliveries, you can avail of their Super Express Delivery feature that uses the Dammam-Riyadh-Jeddah special route to deliver goods before 9 am the next day.
|Company Name||Zajil Express|
|Founder/s||Osama Al Sharif|
|Headquarters||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Services||B2B shipping, Doorstep delivery, Last mile delivery, Ecommerce solutions, Warehousing and distribution, cross-border shipping, Express Courier services|
2.11) Esnad Express
Esnad Express, established in 2006, is one of the premier international and domestic courier service providers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This technology-driven courier company provides dedicated e-commerce logistics solutions like supply chain management, multi-vendor distribution, warehousing, and more.
- Esnad Express helps e-commerce companies in the Middle East manage cross-border sales and reverse logistics with real-time tracking features.
- It provides faster order fulfillment with localized warehouses. Esnad Express also offers 24/7 customs clearance for international orders.
- Esnad Express does not rely on addresses for accurate delivery. Instead, it uses GPS technology for pickup and delivery. It is one of the best courier services in the Middle East for Next-Day delivery.
- They accept COD orders and provide COD remittances to save online sellers from a capital deficit.
|Company Name||Esnad Express|
|Founder/s||Mohammed Omer Tayyeb, Bader Al Ajrfi|
|Headquarters||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Services||Ecommerce logistics, Courier service provider, Express delivery, Fulfillment center, Warehouse management, Reverse logistics, and Order management.|
AyMakan started offering first-class courier and parcel delivery services in the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) in 2014. It is one of the popular courier service providers in Saudi Arabia for optimizing last-mile delivery challenges. It has 9 warehouses in the KSA region for storage and e-fulfillment.
- AyMakan provides doorstep cash collection services through STC Pay, Mada, or Cash on Delivery. It also has a short COD cycle of one week.
- Every e-commerce company tied up with AyMakan is assigned an account executive who personally oversees its shipping operations and suggests strategies for better outcomes.
- This Saudi Arabia-based courier company provides regular analytics and performance reports to help further streamline logistic operations.
- AyMakan owns a fleet of advanced delivery vehicles for order delivery. It also provides live order tracking updates to customers. Entrepreneurs can download the AyMakan app to schedule pickups and deliveries quickly.
|Headquarters||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Services||Last-mile logistics, First-mile operations, Supply chain management, Door-to-door e-commerce delivery, Courier service, Expedited delivery, Hyperlocal shipping, Same-Day delivery, LTL, FTL.|
Saee is a customer-facing e-commerce courier delivery company established in 2015 with headquarters in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. It provides comprehensive courier and package delivery solutions to individuals, small businesses, and e-commerce enterprises.
- Saee provides some of the fastest courier services in the KSA region with features like Wolves Delivery and Same Day delivery. It can even help e-commerce companies reach out to remote areas. It does not ship internationally.
- It helps online companies save space and time by offering warehousing services through its 12 storage units. Warehouse items are stored with RFID tags for quicker order processing.
- Saee accepts COD and helps with returns management and door-to-door delivery. The Saee app can be downloaded on all iOS and android phones.
|Founder/sCOD||Eihab Nassier, Tariq Alturkestani|
|Headquarters||Jeddah, Saudi Arabia|
|Services||Last-mile delivery, Freight transportation, Warehousing, Inventory management, Cash on Delivery, Same-Day delivery, Next-day delivery, Logistics solutions|
2.14) Shipa Delivery
Shipa Delivery is an international courier service provider in Saudi Arabia that uses tailor-made solutions to manage the supply chain and cross-border logistics for e-commerce companies. Shipa Delivery came into being in 2019 as Agility's logistics arm. It harnesses Agility's infrastructure and vast network to ship orders internationally.
- Shipa Delivery provides cost-effective cross-border solutions for e-commerce businesses. It handles everything from packaging and coordinating with transportation providers to the final delivery of the shipment.
- It offers Same-day, Next-day, and On-demand delivery for all domestic orders. International orders can be shipped via the Air Network or Road Network solutions depending on the urgency of the delivery. All domestic and international orders can be tracked in real-time.
- Bulkier international cargo can be shipped using Shipa's freight forwarding services like Air and Ocean freight. It also provides Amazon FBA services for international clients.
|Company Name||Shipa Delivery|
|Services||Transportation, Fleet transportation, Courier delivery service, Express Logistics, Fulfillment, Air and Sea freight forwarding, International shipping, and On-demand delivery.|
Starlinks is among the best courier service providers in Saudi Arabia for e-commerce deliveries. It was founded in 1971 and is part of the Al Zaid Al Quraishi and brothers Group (AZAQ). It specializes in supply chain management and omnichannel fulfillment.
- Starlinks provides end-to-end warehousing and inventory management services across 96 cities in the KSA. Seller merchandise information is stored in WMS for future order processing.
- They are equipped to handle returns. Customers can register requests through a returns portal and drop off packages at their nearest parcel point.
- Starlinks offers Same-Day and Next-Day delivery services across Saudi Arabia. They provide live track and trace with tracking links. The Starlinks delivery staff is trained to assemble electronics, furniture, and other equipment.
|Founder/s||Al Zaid Al Quraishi (AZAQ)|
|Headquarters||Dammam, Saudi Arabia|
|Services||Supply chain management, Ecommerce shipping, Freight shipping, LTL, FTL, Manufacturing and Distribution, Courier services, and Cross-border shipping.|
3) Does My Online Business in Saudi Arabia Need An Ecommerce Courier Delivery Service Partner?
Without the help of logistics or shipping partners, eCommerce companies would have to build their infrastructure to handle deliveries, post-purchase journeys, and ground-level staff, which is costly and time-consuming. We know a lot of online businesses are wary of handing over their operations to third-party logistic companies (3PLs) or courier services.
They fear losing control or worry that courier service providers or aggregators will be more expensive than handling logistics in-house. There are numerous benefits to outsourcing shipping and delivery management to third-party courier providers.
Firstly, these logistics companies provide highly specialized services that an individual business will be hard-pressed to find. These services range from manpower, A.I.-powered technology, smart analytics, global reach, and shipping expertise.
Secondly, since these companies have economies of scale, they can provide you with their shipping and logistic services at far cheaper rates. And lastly, outsourcing the post-purchase logistics to courier companies leaves you to work on your core competencies, i.e., making and selling products and utilizing growth opportunities. In short, tying up with courier or shipping service providers will help you make a dent in the global eCommerce market.
4) How to Choose the Best Courier Company for Your eCommerce Business in Saudi Arabia?
Now that you know the best courier service providers in Saudi Arabia and the benefits they can offer your business, it should be easier to make an informed choice. However, every eCommerce business is different, and you should consider a few things before hiring one.
4.1) Shipping cost
Beware of lower base prices. While cheaper shipping rates are always attractive, they might not always translate into an overall cheaper shipping expense. Shipping prices in eCommerce can quickly add up. This mainly happens because of weight discrepancies, value-added items, hidden costs, and extra charges on some services, such as cash on delivery. To avoid such an unpleasant experience, always contact your courier service provider before going.
In eCommerce, the world is truly your oyster. To scale up operations and gain wider visibility and audience, an online business should try to be on as many e-marketplaces and selling channels as possible. This also means you want your delivery operations to cover a larger geographical area. Looking for courier partners with a broader network is the first step. However, check if your courier service provider covers all the areas your target audience lives in.
4.3) Order tracking visibility
Today's customers want both quality and speed in their post-shipping journey. In fact, for most, the post-purchase experience directly affects brand loyalty. Make sure you hire a logistics company that understands this and offers real-time order tracking updates to you and your customers. A courier company with better tech support would be able to handle GPRS-enabled tracking.
Also, check if they provide branded tracking page services because it goes a long way in building customer trust and loyalty.
4.4) Speed of delivery
As the Ecommerce industry has grown and become one of the most popular ways to shop, customer demands have also grown. Most customers expect shipments to be delivered within 3-5 business days. Therefore, you want to ensure that your shipping partner can offer speedy deliveries at competitive rates.
But first, determine what kind of deliveries your business needs. Many courier service providers in Saudi Arabia offer hyperlocal deliveries, while others only offer same-day or next-day delivery (SDD or NDD). Determining your business's unique needs and scope will enable you to make a proper choice.
4.5) RTO Percentage
As your business increases in scope and size, the number of delayed and failed deliveries will also increase. Higher RTO% (Return-To-Origin) is every eCommerce entrepreneur's biggest nightmare. However, choosing the right courier partner can reduce your RTO and failed delivery percentages.
4.6) Returns Management
You cannot stop your customers from ever canceling or returning an order. The only thing you can do is ensure that the process of goods traveling back to your warehouse is as smooth as can be.
Ensure your shipping solution provider has a streamlined returns management program that allows orders to be tracked in the reverse journey. A courier service provider with equally strong reverse and forward logistics is a good logistics company to partner with.
4.7) Track Record
A good shipping logistics provider is someone who simplifies the overall shipping experience. Like your customer goes through a dozen reviews before selecting your product. Similarly, you should talk to a few users of the courier company you wish to before hiring them.
4.8) Special shipping services
Now, this varies from industry to industry, but some courier service companies offer specialty services like temperature-controlled transit and weather-resistant packaging or secured delivery and insurance. Since this is not required for all online businesses, you will need to speak with your delivery service provider to ascertain if they offer such specialized services.
Sometimes the people we work with make all the difference. This rings true in the case of partnerships between eCommerce companies and logistics providers. Now that we have helped you narrow down the list of courier service provider companies in Saudi Arabia, we hope the decision will be easier. Considering all the above factors and looking at your business needs closely will give you the answer you are looking for.
1) Which items are prohibited to be shipped to and from Saudi Arabia?
Some prohibited items for shipping to and from Saudi Arabia are - weapons, alcohol, pork products, dangerous items, etc.
2) Can you ship luxury goods and jewelry to Saudi Arabia?
Yes, luxury goods and precious jewelry can be shipped to Saudi Arabia. However, such orders need an invoice and letter of permission from the country of origin. Any gold products with less than 18-carat purity can't be shipped to Saudi Arabia.
Subscribe for latest updates