1. Overview of Logistics Companies in Australia for eCommerce
The e-commerce market today has its tentacles reaching worldwide, and Australia is no exception. The top logistics companies in Australia have become a part of a highly evolved e-commerce market. This evolution has been supported by the utilization of modern technology in intelligence logistics software, transportation systems, warehouses, and other logistics operations.
As a result, online companies in Australia have brought logistics service providers into partnerships to maximize order fulfillment and consolidate their supply chain logistics. These views are supported by various market reports claiming an unprecedented amount of 50 billion dollars spent on e-commerce by a diverse Australian consumer population in 2020. In the wake of these facts, we have compiled a list of the top 10 best Logistics companies in Australia to build your online business.
2. Top 10 Best Logistics Companies in Australia for Online eCommerce Businesses [2022 Updated List]
Not only do logistics companies in Australia provide a wide range of services but also opportunities. They enable eCommerce businesses to refine and perfect their post-purchase customer experience. And result in attracting and retaining a high volume of customers. That makes well-refined logistics companies paramount in the success of the e-commerce supply chain. With that understanding let us look at the top 10 best logistics companies in Australia for eCommerce businesses.
1. DB Schenker Logistics Company In Australia
With more than 50 years of presence, DB Schenker is one of the biggest logistics companies in Australia. They employ around 76000 people in 2100 locations globally.
- They customize operations according to the needs of each industry. Be it temperature-controlled warehouses or a well-equipped fleet of transport, specialized packaging, and delivery.
- DB Schenker provides end-to-end logistics solutions with comprehensive after-sales services.
- DB Schenker, a real-time tracking solution, maximizes visibility on the shipment process and data in one portal, allowing you to stay on top of your shipment process.
2. Linfox Logistics Service In Australia
Linfox is a logistics company with more than 60 years of experience in the field, and they have managed to become one of Asia Pacific’s most prominent privately-owned logistics players, gathering more than 24000 employees. They offer transportation and freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution, smart supply chains, and delivery services.
- Their transport and freight management services are supported by regularly upgraded vehicles and equipment capable of handling new technologies.
- They provide safe operations in cold chain partnerships, bulk haulage, bulk liquid transportation, and transportation of dangerous goods.
- Linfox’s highly secure and digitized warehouses maintain integrity in inventory management,
- They also have 24/7 warehouse accessibility with container stuffing and de-stuffing.
3. Aramex Logistics Service Provider In Australia
Aramex was started in 1993 and soon became a reliable and established logistics company in Australia. They consolidated their position further in the logistics service industry in Australia with the acquisition of Fastway couriers. They have 29 regional partners and 900 franchise partners across Australia. They offer international freight and delivery services, order tracking capability, free freight analysis, and international shipping.
- Aramex provides comprehensive domestic and international shipping to over 220 countries.
- Fastway app allows ecommerce businesses in Australia and worldwide to manage all their business operations from its dedicated portal.
- Their delivery services include digital proof of delivery (POD) signatures and a safe place option for unavailable customers.
- Aramex provides great customer satisfaction with the provision of comprehensive returns management and a reliable compensation plan for missing or damaged shipments, with a $1500 limited liability.
4. UPS eCommerce Logistics Services in Australia
UPS began operations in 1991 in Australia, and is headquartered in Sydney. They are the world's largest courier delivery and logistics company, with 357 access points in Australia. They have covered solid ground in Australia’s logistics industry by offering contract logistics and shipment services with secure operations and affordable express shipments.
- UPS offers end-to-end solutions for technology infrastructure, expertise, and facilities for warehouse management.
- They are a specialized logistics provider offering packaging and transportation for sectors like healthcare.
- UPS also offers solutions for challenges involving different time zones, languages, carriers, and distances.
- Efficient handling of customs clearance requirements with dedicated resources and technology makes UPS a trusted international shipping partner.
5. Yusen Logistics Services Solutions Australia
Yusen Logistics is a logistics, supply chain management and third party logistics company in Australia with over 30 years of operation. Located in 8 strategic locations across Australia, they offer access to 115,210 sq. meters of warehouse space. Services provided by Yusen logistics are international freight services, warehouse and distribution, and supply chain solutions.
- Yusen Logistics provides well-configured warehouses with temperature-controlled facilities.
- Ecommerce businesses can manage returns more effectively with their comprehensive reverse logistics.
- Additional services like custom labeling and quality inspection at in-bound and out-bound points in shipping can be availed at extra costs.
6. DHL Logistics Partner in Australia
DHL possesses over 40 years of service and has become the industry leader in offering logistics services in Australia. It is a leading global provider of logistics and shipping services. They provide global logistics solutions to more than 220 countries. Moreover, DHL offers logistics solutions and unique expertise to optimize and improve supply chain operations.
- DHL offers logistics solutions and unique expertise to optimize and improve supply chain operations of dangerous goods and special commodities These services can be tailor-made to suit the requirements of your business.
- They have become a one-stop shop for transportation and warehouse distribution by employing state-of-the-art technology and management services.
- Their global reach and connectivity make international shipping hassle-free. They provide services like labeling, bundling, packing, temperature-controlled facilities, along with proactive shipment monitoring and response.
- They offer third party logistics services in the region as well as customs brokerage services.
7. FedEx Logistics Firm In Australia
FedEx is one of the most recognized logistics services in Australia and the global network. FedEx offers premium shipment and delivery services with competitive speed and attractive prices to meet the requirements of your business.
- They empower your customers by providing flexible delivery options like rescheduling and redirecting packages.
- Customers can rely on real-time tracking with end-to-end visibility through timely notifications.
- Fedex offers straightforward packaging and a well-developed range of ready-to-use and self-sealing packages.
- Special packaging for commodities like lithium batteries and dangerous goods like firecrackers, oxidizers, etc., need high-level expertise, and you can find that with FedEx.
- Their versatile operations are supported by technology-aided warehouse management systems and shipping solutions provided by expert teams.
8. DTDC Australia Shipping Service Company
A globally recognized company, DTDC, ventured into Australia in a successful bid to establish itself as a top logistics service provider. It offers logistics services to 240+ countries worldwide.
- DTDC offers customizable solutions for warehouse fulfillment and shipping operations.
- Warehouses are securely managed 24/7 with advanced quality checks and temperature-controlled centers.
- They provide custom packaging with optimized pickup and next-day delivery and as well as numerous payment options, including COD (Cash on delivery) and a dedicated reverse logistics management system.
- By providing cross-border services at competitive rates and comprehensive custom clearance procedures, DTDC has become the go-to for international shipment.
9. AusPost in Australia for eCommerce Shipping Solution
AusPost or Australian post is the postal service in Australia that has been in operation for more than 50 years. They have served more than 12.3 million locations in Australia. Australian Post depends on its rich experience and innovative technology to execute logistics operations.
- A dedicated portal allows you to buy numerous items like phones, gifts, collectibles, home appliances, etc.
- They have custom packaging and labeling capabilities to meet your company’s needs.
- With their real-time order tracking, you can have end-to-end visibility of your shipments.
- They offer International shipping to 115 plus countries.
10. CouriersPlease Logistics Company in Australia
Couriers please is a delivery and flight service provider in Australia. It serves over 220 plus countries worldwide.
- With over 1700 drop-off points and extensive franchises located across the country, couriers, please offer multiple delivery options, including redelivery scheduling.
- They can handle particular commodities, including dangerous goods with specialized packaging and a comprehensive insurance plan.
- CouriersPlease offers Ezyfreight, an app that enables you to access real-time tracking and a single portal to deliver shipment and performance reports.
3. How to Choose the Best Logistics Company in Australia for Your eCommerce Business?
Logistics companies face constant demands to update and refine their services so they hold a strong position in the competitive market today. And this is because the consumer population relentlessly looks for a more refined customer experience. There is tremendous pressure on online businesses and their logistics partners to deliver day in and day out.
Therefore, to achieve higher targets and set global trends, businesses need to partner with competitive logistics companies. And to find the right logistics company we have to look at their services with a magnifying glass and find the range of services required for your business. Here is a list of important features that make up a competent logistics company.
Serviceability denotes the number of regions and the volume of orders the logistics company is capable of handling. For a widely spread e-commerce region like Australia, serviceability will play a divisive role in establishing your online business.
However, increased reach is directly proportional to the potential possibilities of business expansion. So, understanding the requirements of your business in terms of regions you want to cater to and the volume of products that need to be shipped will help you pick the relevant logistics company.
Warehousing is an integral part of logistics service. Allocation of warehouse spaces according to the accessibility of service locations & dedicated inventory management will keep the supply chain functioning smoothly.
There are a lot of diverse products that move through the supply chain, and they need relevant storage facilities. So, warehousing systems need to be equipped with state-of-the-art facilities like temperature control storage and updated technology to maintain the integrity of the inventory.
3.3) Transport and technology
Logistics services use a wide array of transport mechanisms to find solutions for today's growing demand in the e-commerce market. Shipping operations should be capable of employing contemporary technology with a fleet of well-maintained vehicles. Transportation should also be conducive to moving orders of considerable magnitude.
And they should offer temperature-controlled facilities and safety protocols for unique, fragile commodities, dangerous and special goods. Those might be artifacts, healthcare equipment, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and dangerous substances like flammable liquids, lithium batteries, organic peroxide, etc. These commodities require specialization in packaging and transportation, which some of the top logistics companies offer as premium features.
3.4) Packaging and labeling
Packing is the first layer of protection and identification for your products. A lot of operations in shipping and warehousing depend on adequate packaging and accurate labeling. And inadequate packaging will create possibilities for damages during logistics.
In that case, many companies provide specialized services like weather-resistant packaging and other customizations depending on the kind of products being shipped. Inaccurate labeling is another factor that causes delays and unnecessary hassle in shipment. And the possibility of inaccurately labeled packages being challenging to locate in the warehouses is high, causing inventory management constraints.
3.5) Shipping costs
A large part of funds in e-commerce businesses are always directed towards shipping costs. Time and again, shipping costs have proved to be the divisive factor in managing profit margins.
Logistics companies have a lot of plans available for shipping rates depending on the shipment size, frequency of shipping, and the type of commodities involved. The shipping rates can also be pre-negotiated with the logistics company to avail feasible shipping plans that give your company the best possible solution.
3.6) Order tracking
Order tracking is one of the most versatile features in e-commerce purchases that adds so much value to the customer experience and puts their minds at ease. Real-time tracking provides much-needed visibility of the shipping process to your customers for various milestones.
These milestones include status like an order being prepared or an order being dispatched to the warehouse, the order reaching the last transit hub, out for delivery, etc. And proactive real-time notifications these order tracking systems provide will help customers prepare themselves for receiving the deliveries. And it also becomes essential in cases of returns and exchange of products.
3.7) Delivery services
Everything said and done; delivery is the final process in order fulfillment. Final delivery is what completes the customer experience barring the circumstances for reverse logistics. And delivery expectations like express, same day, next day, door to door, hyperlocal deliveries have become industry standards in today’s e-commerce market.
Global lifestyles that support immediacy and instant gratification always expect quicker results for special occasions, festivals, work, etc. However, Delivery services also depend on the kind of products being shipped, such as perishables, fragile commodities, food, etc.
3.8) Reverse logistics
It is common for customers to return or exchange products. The product returns option is also an essential feature in attracting customers. And the management of these products in the return and exchange process is considered reverse logistics.
The products in reverse logistics go back through the same supply chain, back to their original warehouse to await reselling, exchange or refund. This operation needs strategic plans and innovative solutions to avoid unnecessary costs. So logistics service providers are constantly updating their tech capabilities to stay relevant in the industry.
3.9) Security and quality check
Security during transit and warehousing is of primary importance in logistics. Customers need the confidence to order the products without the fear of being damaged or lost.
In that case, security becomes ultra-important in shipping fragile, expensive, and specialized goods. And this is where quality checks at various levels in the logistics chain can make a huge difference in maintaining the company’s reputation.
3.10) International shipping
We can find many logistics companies providing domestic services in Australia, but not many companies possess the capability of handling international shipments.
In addition, customs clearance and taxes involved in international shipping make it a sophisticated process. So, the onus is on the logistics services to make the whole process simplified for the customers and make sure products do not get stuck in customs.
3.11) RTOs management
Return to origin or RTO is one of those unwanted errands that have to be executed by a logistics company. They result in negatively impacting the order fulfillment process and bringing down the logistics company’s reputation. So, logistics companies are always on the lookout to reduce these RTO percentages.
RTOs happen when there are failed deliveries, delayed deliveries, and stuck shipments. Therefore, it becomes vital for the logistics service providers to constantly find solutions for RTOs, making it a prominent feature to look out for in logistics companies.
3.12) Insurance policy
Shipping operations can always go wrong. It can be accidental damage or the mistake of the logistics service provider, but these circumstances do occur. And it is crucial to be prepared for them. Insurance policies can help the customer avoid losses in shipping or at least find some compensation when products are lost or damaged.
Good logistics service companies will have comprehensive insurance plans suitable for various businesses. And these insurance policies serve as the backbone for customers and enterprises' relationships in shipping practices.
3.13) Customer service
Almost all the services we have talked about require good customer service to elevate the operations of a well-oiled logistics company. And after-sales support is a big part of customer service. Today technology allows multiple automated customer service options empowering the customers to manage their purchases and initiate reverse logistics hassle-free.
3.14) Company history and its order fulfillment consistency
One more important and much simpler aspect would be to consider the history and the reputation of a logistics service provider. All the relevant facts should point to a consistent and long-standing company with a high success rate in order fulfillment. It also means that the company has been able to replicate its successful operations consistently over long periods.
By looking at the spending power and the social media presence of a diverse consumer population, we can understand that there is a definite depth and demand in the e-commerce market of Australia. A good logistics company will ensure that your business fulfills its potential by capitalizing on the booming market. This article can help throw light on the parameters involved in the essential features of capable, innovative, and high functioning eCommerce logistics companies in Australia.