1. Overview of Logistics Companies in Canada for eCommerce
Logistics service providers in today’s e-commerce climate are constantly changing and evolving. And the top logistics companies in Canada have been consistently providing competitive prices and extensive operational strength to support the expansion of online businesses. These businesses include SMBs and large enterprises.
The logistics industry of Canada has pushed the e-commerce market to a growth rate of 3%-4% over the past few years. That growth can be attributed to automated technology that has resulted in more secure and efficient logistics solutions. This means more reliable warehousing and transportation operations, among many other logistics functions.
Accordingly, with market studies and reports we are witnessing many online ventures in Canada looking for logistics companies with a wide range of services to manage their supply chains. So, let's take a closer look at the top 10 logistics companies in Canada for developing your e-commerce business.
2. Top 10 Best Logistics Companies in Canada for Online eCommerce Business [2022 Updated List]
Reliable, competitive, and expedited operations are the norm in supply chain practices today. Therefore, logistics service providers in Canada have constantly been investing in and adopting higher-end technologies. This has drastically improved order processing, warehousing, transportation, last-mile delivery, customer support, resource management, and other logistics operations to provide cutting-edge services to e-commerce. Now for the top 10 best logistics companies in Canada.
1. DHL Logistics Company In Canada
DHL is an industry leader among the logistics service providers in Canada and has been operational for over 30 years. With headquarters at Mississauga, there are six major ground hubs with 3500 employees across Canada.
|Headquarters||Mississauga, ON, Canada|
|Services||Integrated logistics, Warehousing and fulfillment, Transportation distribution, Contract logistics, Consulting and management.|
|Industries catered to||Manufacturing, Chemicals, Healthcare, Auto-mobility, Energy, Manufacturing, Engineering, Retail, Consumer and Public sector.|
- With a recent $100m investment, DHL Canada's warehouse management has become top-notch with contemporary technology and comprehensive inventory processing.
- They have integrated transport, warehousing, and management services to provide innovative solutions to daily challenges.
- DHL provides additional services like packaging, bundling, labeling, and temperature-controlled facilities.
- Their logistics operations are supported by a well-configured tracking system for end-to-end visibility.
- They offer international shipping services to more than 220 countries with a comprehensive customs clearance system.
2. UPS Logistics Service In Canada
UPS Canada is another well-known logistics service with 62 facilities and 12000 employees spread across Canada, they offer international shipments to 220 plus countries.
|Services||Contract logistics, Shipping and Cross-border services|
|Industries catered to||Healthcare, SMBs, High-growth sectors and International markets.|
- They have developed a comprehensive tracking system supported by the Quantum View app to manage in-bound and out-bound services for large enterprises.
- UPS Canada has a team of highly trained professionals providing innovative customer-first solutions, partnering with international vendors.
- UPS also solves a lot of challenges involving different time zones, languages, carriers, and distances.
3. FedEx Logistics Service Provider
FedEx Canada is one of the most recognized names when it comes to logistics service providers in Canada and around the world.
|Services||Express shipping, International shipping and Industry specific solutions|
|Industries catered to||Aerospace, Healthcare, Business and e-commerce|
- FedEx offers a wide range of package solutions with flexible, user-friendly, self-sealing packages.
- It provides optimization with rescheduling and redirecting for pick-up and delivery services.
- You can avail of their accurate real-time tracking system to support your shipments.
- They offer specialized packaging for goods like lithium batteries and expertise to ship dangerous items such as firecrackers, toxic gas, etc., meeting international safety standards.
4. Yusen Logistics Partner In Canada
Yusen Logistics is a reliable establishment with modern infrastructure and secure facilities supported by 150,000 sqm of warehouse area.
|Headquarters||Brampton, ON, Canada|
|Services||Freight services, Contract logistics warehouse management and Customs brokerage.|
|Industries catered to||Healthcare, Electronics, Aerospace Industries, and Food packaged products.|
- Yusen Logistics provides highly specialized packaging at affordable rates and temperature-controlled facilities for safe operations.
- They strictly follow quality standards combined with adequate packaging and custom labeling solutions.
- Their supply chain is securely managed by quality checks at in-bound and out-bound points throughout the supply chain.
5. XPO Logistics Company In Canada
XPO Logistics Canada is a reliable logistics service provider in Canada that has gathered an expansive network of 756 service locations and 42,000 employees globally.
|Parameters||XPO Logistics Canada|
|Headquarters||Toronto, ON, Canada|
|Services||Truck brokerage, LTL, Global forwarding, Intermodal and drayage, last mile and managed transportation.|
|Industries catered to||Retailers, E-commerce sites and Food and beverage companies.|
- XPO logistics Canada has one of the largest networks of drivers, trucks, and terminals in the logistics industry.
- They provide end-to-end digital visibility for their shippers with innovative solutions. XPO Canada offers seamless shipper-carrier interaction with full automation capabilities and dynamic rerouting for pick-up and delivery services.
- They also provide data-driven analytics for optimal pricing and productivity management.
6. Aramex in Canada for eCommerce Logistics Service
Aramex is another well-recognized supply chain service provider among Logistics companies in Canada.
|Headquarters||Mississauga, ON, Canada|
|Services||Express, Shipping services, Small business solutions and, drop/shop and ship|
|Industries catered to||Oil and gas, Fashion and Small industries.|
- Aramex Canada's extensive 3PL network ensures that it has the market position to take on any supply chain challenge.
- Their premium operations make them leaders in the industry with flexible pick up, delivery services, returns management, and customer care.
- Aramex also offers the opportunity for customers to claim compensation if their goods are damaged or lost.
- Their order tracking system provides end-to-end visibility with real-time notifications.
7. CanadaPost Courier Company In Canada
CanadaPost is a postal service that has a rich history and strong foundation in the logistics industry in Canada.
|Services||Mailing, Money services, Document sharing and Small business mailing.|
|Industries catered to||Personal mail and Small businesses.|
The company relies on its experience and innovative technology to execute operations successfully. And other features are:
- CanadaPost provides real-time order tracking with end-to-end visibility of your shipments.
- They offer international shipping with a reliable customs clearance system.
- They deliver value-added services like custom labeling, pick-up, and delivery optimization with efficient returns management.
8. DTDC Logistics Company In Canada
DTDC Canada has been a part of the logistics industry in Canada for more than 25 years and operates out of over 10,000 locations across. And they provide international shipping to 240 plus countries.
|Headquarters||Mississauga, ON, Canada|
|Services||Express parcel, Overseas freight, Warehousing and Truck transportation.|
|Industries catered to||Healthcare, Automobile, Technology, Manufacturing, Financial sector and FMCG.|
- DTDC Canada provides customized solutions at economical pricing for warehouse fulfillment and shipping operations.
- While eliminating unnecessary operational costs with automation, their warehouses are equipped with 24/7 security management and temperature-controlled facilities to ensure the safety of the products.
- They offer tailor-made solutions for pick-up and delivery with custom packaging options.
- With its range of international services, including competitive rates and comprehensive custom clearance procedures, DTDC is a go-to service provider for cross-border shipments.
9. DB Schenker Logistics Firm In Canada
DB Schenker Canada is well recognized among logistics companies in Canada, and they have been around for more than 50 years. Their organization is populated with more than 90,000 employees worldwide in 2000 locations.
|Parameters||DB Schenker Canada|
|Services||Freight forwarding, Land transportation, Contract logistics, Lead logistics and special products.|
|Industries catered to||Aerospace, Automotive, Healthcare, Fashion, Marine, Perishables.|
- The versatility of their operations ensures that they can handle any industry's needs with customized solutions.
- ESchenker is their dedicated portal for shipment management, data analytics, and order tracking.
- With a single portal to manage your international shipping needs, ESchenker empowers the customer by providing 24/7 support with proactive solutions.
10. Purolator Inc Shipping Company In Canada
Purolator Inc. has amassed more than 50 years of experience in the logistics industry, offering comprehensive solutions for supply chain operations.
|Headquarters||Mississauga, Ont., Canada|
|Services||Integrated freight, Reverse logistics, LTL, Dangerous goods, Tailgate and Delivery.|
|Industries catered to||Retail, E-commerce, Industrial, Telco, Healthcare and Small business.|
- Purolator Inc provides global connectivity to more than 210 countries.
- With Purolator express application, you can manage all your shipments with a comprehensive order tracking system.
- They also offer specialized packaging for unique commodities and dangerous goods with expert teams and solutions.
- In addition, they have next-day delivery options supported by efficient returns with reverse logistics and a well-calibrated system for international shipments.
3. How to choose the best logistics company in Canada for your e-commerce business?
Choosing the logistics service provider for your e-commerce business can be a daunting task. And every company will offer you different benefits and services, leaving you to wonder which one is right for you. So, here is a look at essential aspects to consider when selecting the best logistics service provider in Canada.
A logistics company's capability to reach a wide range of areas and move orders of different bandwidths would refer to the serviceability of the company's operations. Moreover, logistics companies should execute extensive operations in a country like Canada, provided they have an expansive network of 3PL partnerships and end-to-end logistics management systems with expert solutions. First, however, you need to understand the requirements of your business and the regions it caters to, be it international, domestic, or remotely located.
2. Warehouse solutions
Warehousing goes hand in hand with the operations of a logistics supply chain and needs automated tools to manage inventory efficiently. And allocation, deallocation, and inventory tracking need a lot of accurate data processing and efficient human resources to deliver consistent results. So, companies employ technology and strategic ideas to keep shipping operations hassle-free. In addition, these warehouses also need temperature-controlled facilities to cover a wide range of product inventory along with an expansive area for storage spaces.
3. Transport and technology
Shipment and last-mile deliveries rely on the support of transportation systems equipped with contemporary technology. And the modern-day transportation systems utilize new technology that can only be maintained by professionals trained in this area. Moreover, the best fleet of transport vehicles will maximize order fulfillment with expertise in transporting unique goods and dangerous commodities. For example, temperature-controlled transport systems are needed to move perishables and biopharmaceuticals.
4. Custom packaging and labeling
The package selections and labeling options for a company's logistics services will be an essential feature as it helps to provide customers with customized solutions. Packaging needs can range from safety concerns, aesthetics, or branding strategies. Moreover, adequate packaging and accurate labeling will ensure that the commodity is never misplaced, lost, or damaged in transit or warehouses, reducing shipping delays and negating warehouse management constraints.
5. Shipping costs
Shipping can be a significant drain on your business funds, especially when you need to ship large amounts of items. Therefore, it is essential that the prices of these shipments are pre-negotiated and tailored according to what best suits your business needs. And logistics companies will offer you different plans depending on size and frequency, as well as type; they might also negotiate a price before making any decisions, so there are no surprises at checkout!
6. Order tracking
Order tracking is the lifeblood of any e-commerce business, and it's one way for customers to see when their purchase was delivered. And it allows them easy access in case there are ever issues with shipping timeframes. Furthermore, customers can be empowered to optimize delivery when orders are notified in real-time with proactive emails and messages. And this makes logistics operations simpler for businesses of all sizes across the board.
7. Delivery services
Everything said and done; delivery is the final process in order fulfillment. Final delivery happens after all other aspects of customer experience are taken care of, which include things like reverse logistics should they arise for whatever reason. And customers expect their packages to be delivered promptly and have specific standards when ordering from an online store in today's world. Moreover, delivery expectations have come a long way with hyperlocal, same-day, next-day, 2-hour, and super express deliveries.
8. Reverse logistics
The logistics company must offer a hassle-free return policy to keep customers coming back. And let customers initiate reverse logistics for exchange or return of products. Moreover, a comprehensive returns management system is a good way of doing this. Finally, Reverse logistics is a vital component of the supply chain because it allows products to go back through their original warehouse and await reselling or refund. However, this feature also helps in attracting and retaining a lot of customers.
9. Security and quality check
The logistics industry is a highly critical one, with security and quality checks during transit and warehousing being principles that must not be overlooked, which are essential in maintaining a company's reputation. Consequently, it keeps the integrity of the operations and protects the company from negative feedback. Moreover, every level in the logistics chain must be secured and checked for quality to deliver consistency in the supply chain operations.
10. International shipping
Not all companies are equipped to provide international shipping as it requires a lot of paperwork and tax payments, making it a sophisticated process. With the rise in international shipping, it is more important than ever for logistics services to provide a seamless experience. If the processing is not done efficiently, the products might get stuck in customs, causing a dent in customer service.
11. RTOs management
If a shipment is unsuccessful, the product will be sent back to its origin warehouse. This process is called Return To Origin or RTO. RTOs happen because of failed deliveries, delayed shipments, and stuck trucks. And these events add to an already unwanted process that can give your business a bad reputation. Therefore logistics services in Canada and around the world are constantly looking for different ways to curtail RTOs, like using a comprehensive NDR or a non-delivery report management system.
12. Insurance policy
Shipping operations can always go wrong. And it's an unfortunate reality of the industry, but these circumstances sometimes occur, especially when accidents happen or mistakes made by logistics providers are at fault. However, insurance policies can help avoid financial losses for the customer, compensating for lost or damaged products. And logistics companies will have comprehensive insurance plans tailored to each business's specific needs and monetary compensation for lighter goods.
13. Customer service
Well-oiled logistics companies are not without their challenges. But good customer service is a must for the success of these businesses. And it's something that can't be overlooked. Moreover, companies have started using automated customer support to offer a seamless post-purchase experience and empower them to initiate returns and exchange processes. At the same time, good customer support will also reduce the service calls for various grievances.
14. Company history and its order fulfillment consistency
When it comes to a logistics company's track record, its operational prowess and management bandwidth are vital indicators. A good example would be the company's experience in catering to different industries as well as consistency over time and the partnerships they have brought on board. And all the relevant facts should point to a company that has fulfilled orders for years in a highly successful manner.
4. Final Conclusion
Now that we understand the role and the wide range of features provided by top logistics companies in Canada, we can also shed some light on how Canada is a very exciting place for a growing e-commerce market. With many new e-commerce companies emerging on the scene every day, your business needs a competitive edge, which top logistics companies can provide. And a consolidated logistics company will help maintain the integrity of your business's supply chain operations. This builds loyalty among your customers looking for a fast-tracked and reliable post-purchase experience. Furthermore, Canadians have always been trendsetters in North America, so it's no surprise that they would continue this tradition by embracing the growing e-commerce market. Therefore, a top logistics company in Canada with updated technology and resource management will ensure that your business fulfills its potential. So, make use of this article to guide yourself in understanding and selecting the right logistics company in Canada for your business.