1) Overview of Order Tracking Software
The eCommerce industry has witnessed exponential growth in the previous decade. One of the biggest reasons eCommerce companies have grown at such rates is technology development. Advanced solutions have helped online sellers put their products on the map and get it to their customers more efficiently and quickly. As the industry has scaled, so have the needs of the consumers, creating demand for more intuitive solutions.
The eCommerce industry relies on logistics companies to get their products into customers' hands. As a result of the growth of the eCommerce sector, the logistics industry has developed tremendously. Creating advanced solutions to help improve the online shopping experience. Order tracking is one such capability that stands out in eCommerce logistics.
Advanced eCommerce order tracking software allows businesses to track and manage their orders while en route. This enables companies to resolve any exceptions that may crop up during transit. This allows you even to offer customers a chance to know the status of their orders. In this article, we discuss the best eCommerce order tracking solutions available in the market and what they have to offer.
2) Top 10 Best Order Tracking Software in eCommerce [2023 Updated List]
The logistics software market has been flooded with several tracking solutions. It is confusing for businesses to assess which solutions best suit their needs. Therefore, here is a list of the ten best tracking software to help companies to choose the right solutions provider.
ClickPost is a logistics intelligence platform that allows multi-carrier integration to improve logistics performance for eCommerce businesses. The platform is integrated with more than 150 logistics companies. Other leading digital storefront solutions include Shopify, Magento, and BigCommerce. ClickPost offers an integrated tracking solution. This allows users to receive all tracking-related information from every integrated logistics partner through a single dashboard.
- ClickPost allows businesses to get every detail related to their orders through a single location.
- The platform presents tracking information from all logistics partners integrated through the media.
- The platform allows businesses to communicate with their customers on completing certain milestones during the delivery process.
- The platform can communicate with customers through multiple channels to avoid WISMO (Where Is My Order) calls.
- The platform allows businesses to improve the post-purchase experience for customers through a branded tracking page.
- This also provides sellers with after-sales marketing opportunities.
AfterShip is a shipping automation solution that allows eCommerce businesses to track and manage their orders. The answer is integrated with more than 800 domestic and international logistics service providers and serves more than 10,000 brands around the world. AfterShip allows businesses to improve visibility and customer communication through its platform. It processes an average of 6 billion shipments through its platform every day.
- AfterShip provides branded tracking capabilities to businesses to improve customer experience.
- The platform offers actionable insights that allow businesses to assess their shipping performance and manage orders.
- The solution enables post-purchase communications with customers through branded emails and notifications.
- The platform generates reports and analytics for businesses to gauge the performance of their delivery operations.
MetaPack is a delivery management software that allows businesses to create customized website tracking pages. The platform is integrated with over 400 shipping and logistics companies worldwide. MetaPack helps more than 4900 businesses create branded tracking experiences for customers worldwide. The platform is also integrated with multiple digital storefronts and platforms.
- MetaPack helps businesses improve engagement with their brand by allowing users to create branded tracking pages.
- The platform uses advanced analytics and AI to predict probable queries regarding the delivery and helps eliminate them. This reduces the amount of WISMO calls that a business receives.
- The branded tracking pages also allow businesses to expand their marketing efforts by providing an additional sales channel.
- Through MetaPack, businesses create tracking pages for sub-brands and regional website versions.
Shippo is a carrier management system that allows businesses to handle shipping operations and tracking items across multiple logistics partners. The platform helps over 100,000 brands worldwide and processes over 100 million orders annually. Shippo is integrated with over 50 shipping and logistics companies, several digital storefronts, and leading eCommerce platforms.
- Shippo allows businesses to manage multiple orders from different shipping companies through a single dashboard.
- The platform allows users to sync orders and tracking information to improve efficiency.
- The platform allows businesses to build branded tracking pages to enhance customer experience.
Narvar is a shipping management solution operating mainly in North America and Europe. The platform is integrated with more than 300 carriers worldwide that connect businesses with customers in 38+ countries. Narvar is also integrated with over 50 order management systems and processes over 5 billion orders yearly. It serves more than 125 million end consumers annually.
- Narvar enables post-purchase engagement through branded tracking pages that can be altered depending on the user's context.
- The platform allows businesses to send regular notifications to customers regarding the status of their orders.
- The solution can generate comprehensive reports to help businesses assess the performance of their deliveries.
ShipStation is an automation platform for eCommerce shipping. The platform helps businesses manage and track orders to handle order fulfillment and processing. ShipStation is integrated with more than 83 logistics companies worldwide and serves over 100,000 clients. It is also integrated with 34+ digital storefronts and eCommerce platforms.
- ShipStation helps businesses track orders in transit and helps create schedules for pickup and delivery.
- The platform enables the creation of branded tracking pages that can also be used as additional sales channels for companies.
- ShipStation helps businesses remain connected with their customers through regular notifications about the status of their orders.
FreightPop is a logistics management platform that helps businesses plan, manage and track their freight and shipments. It offers integrated solutions to help businesses reduce delays between multiple processes. FreightPop’s platform supports over 300 domestic and international logistics companies to allow enterprises to reach customers locally and globally.
- FreightPop offers inbound and outbound tracking information that can be filtered based on several parameters.
- The platform sends out notifications to customers regarding the delivery status.
- The platform also enables visibility for 3PL solutions.
- The platform can deliver real-time tracking updates to businesses and customers.
Shipway is an eCommerce automation platform that allows businesses to streamline their order management and shipping operations. It uses AI to automate and prevent fraud and help companies to execute deliveries seamlessly. Shipway is integrated with over 600 carriers and works with over 12,000 brands in the domestic and international markets. It tracks almost 200,000 orders daily and has sent over 500 million notifications till now.
- Shipway helps businesses build branded tracking pages for a better user experience.
- The platform delivers real-time and prompt notifications about the order's status.
- The platform reaches customers using multiple channels to increase the chances of getting connected. This helps businesses reduce the amount of WISMO calls.
- The platform generates comprehensive reports on the performance of carriers and helps reduce RTO rates.
ShipWell is a transportation management system that allows businesses to improve the visibility of their orders while in transit. It is a cloud-based platform that tracks over 36 million location data points and almost 1 million drivers daily.
- ShipWell enables real-time tracking of products through the use of data from ELDs and mobile devices.
- The platform uses notifications to communicate the order status during transit.
- The platform also offers a managed service team for high-quality customer support.
ShippyPro is an eCommerce shipping management platform. It enables order management, returns management, and tracking for online sellers. The platform is integrated with more than 163 carriers and over 70 channels for driving sales.
- ShippyPro allows businesses to deliver tracking information to customers through branded emails, notifications, and more.
- This allows businesses to improve the post-purchase experience.
- The platform offers a unified dashboard to monitor and manage the deliveries.
3) How to Choose the Best Order Tracking Software for Your Online eCommerce Business?
The number of choices available makes it difficult to choose an eCommerce order tracking software company. So here are some parameters to check before deciding which partner to choose for your enterprise.
The area serviced by a software company is essential to understand. When choosing software, it is important to check if the software company covers your target area or the area you operate in. Further, the coverage for a partner must be pretty significant to allow a business to grow without hindrance. Software must be able to cover current and prospective markets, with scope for expansion.
Cost is a critical determinant of the right partner for a company. While choosing the ideal solutions provider, always understand the cost of services associated with it. A solution that is too expensive can create a dent in the revenues and profitability of the business. However, an option significantly cheaper than market standards will likely offer poor service and quality. Therefore, an ideal partner is a reasonably priced provider with a decent service.
3.3) Services and add-ons
The services provided by a software company are an essential factor. While a business may only look at specific solutions, a provider that offers a suite of offerings is a good choice for an enterprise. Multiple services availed from the same partner improve cost-effectiveness. Another factor to consider is value-added services which are great supplementary solutions for a business. They can offer additional functionality at an additional cost, subject to the requirements of a business.
Customer service is an important deciding factor when choosing a partner. Therefore, when selecting an order tracking solution for an eCommerce business, it is essential to choose a partner which offers reliable customer support service. The support team must always be reachable and equipped to answer the queries of an enterprise instantly.
3.5) Performance History
A great way to assess whether a partner is suitable for a business is to look at its historical performance. Reviews and an assessment of the past clientele of a software provider gives great insight into the quality of service. Reviews are an excellent tool to know the actual performance of the product. Learning more about the past clientele reveals its experience and capacity to handle new business requirements.
4) Final Conclusion about Order Tracking Software
As the eCommerce industry continues to grow, demand for advanced solutions that improve efficiency and the online shopping experience also grows. Such request invites innovation and motivates companies to create new solutions to supplement the needs of the business economy.
Solutions such as order tracking software have allowed businesses to solve issues with the transit of an item. It helps companies to resolve consumer anxiety, creating a better online shopping experience. Therefore, to keep a competitive edge in the market, it is essential to assess the needs of a business and use solutions that offer improved efficiency.
1) Which is the best Order Tracking Software for eCommerce Companies?
eCommerce order tracking software enables businesses to track and manage their orders while in transit. These are the top 5 eCommerce order tracking solutions available in the market- 1) ClickPost, 2) AfterShip, 3) Narvar, 4) Shippo, and 5) ShipStation.
Several of these offer a variety of delivery and tracking options. Some shipping alternatives are more cost-effective, while others provide your customers with the best Order Tracking, post-purchase, and last-mile delivery experience.
2. How to choose the best Order Tracking Software for eCommerce Companies?
Keep these items in mind if you're looking for the best Order Tracking Software. The first aspect is the logistics platform's serviceability. It's critical that the software caters to your specific service zones and can handle your order volume.
Second, the various services available and whether or not they will assist you in achieving your business objectives. The tracking speed and complete visibility supplied is the third factor to consider. This shows how effective the software is in providing real-time tracking data. Finally, look at the software's price and ensure it includes all of the features you'll need to save money on your running costs.
|ClickPost||2015||Gurgaon, India||Naman Vijay, Prashant Gupta||100+||US, UK, India, Canada, Australia, Japan, Singapore, and more||$2.4M|
|Aftership||2011||Hong Kong||Teddy Chan, Andrew Chan||120+||United States, United Kingdom, India||$7.5M|
|MetaPack||1999||London, UK||Marcin Wójcicki, Patrick Wall||200||United States, United Kingdom, India||$46.4M|
|Shippo||2013||San Francisco The United States of America (the U.S.A. or the USA)||Laura Behrens Wu Simon Kreuz Max Diez||260+||US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia||$64.4M|
|Narvar||2012||The United States of America (the U.S.A. or the USA)||Amit Sharma||312||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific||$38.6M|
|ShipStation||2011||Austin, Texas||Jason Hodges, Byron Weir||270+||U.S., Canada, Australia, and the UK||$39.9M|
|Kurt Johnson||50+||The US, United Kingdom (UK), India, Japan||$4.3M|
|Shipway||2015||Gurugram, India||Gaurav Gupta, Vikas Garg||150||United States, United Kingdom, India, Japan||$2.8M|
|ShipWell||2016||Austin, Texas||Gregory Price||200||India, US||$21.8M|
|ShippyPro||2106||European Union||Francesco Borghi, Lorenzo Rogai||50||United States, United Kingdom, India, Japan||$2.5M|