1) What are 'POS' apps for Shopify, and How Does It Work?
In today's business world, because of high demand, most companies operate both physical stores and e-stores. However, one challenge persists: synchronizing online and in-person orders. This is simple to accomplish if you are using one of the best POS apps for Shopify. A POS system enables your company to receive payments from customers and monitor business.
Small brick-and-mortar shops are also developing websites to extend their customer bases and generate more cash. Also, some online retailers conclude that demand is significant enough that a physical store is the next obvious step. The Shopify POS applications let you take online and offline orders and collect them in one place. This system helps anticipate trends, view sales information, and do other administrative activities. POS applications are also a terrific option for those who attend events to sell without the need for additional equipment.
2) Top POS Apps for Shopify:
2.1) Point on sale
2.3) Erphly POS App
2.4) Selly POS App
2.5) Stocky POS App
2.6) Ordersify: POS Draft Orders
2.7) Sesami: Appointment Booking
2.8) Store Locator ‑ W3
3) Detailed Review of POS Apps for Shopify
3.1) Point of Sale
Shopify Rating - 4.9
Point of Sale is undoubtedly one of the top Shopify POS applications for any merchant to use. This software will enable merchants to offer a unified omnichannel shopping experience. A simple-to-use interface combined with retail-ready hardware results in one of the industry's most influential and popular POS systems. Also, with exceptional transaction flexibility and innovative customization tools in both the Shopify POS Lite and Shopify POS Pro subscriptions, this POS system adapts to most users' business and working styles. Point of Sale is an excellent all-arounder.
- Compatible with Desktop POS/ PC POS, Android POS, and iOS POS.
- Point of Sale offers multiple secured payment gateways like Authorize.net, Paypal HERE, Payment Express, Zettle by PayPal, Cardknox.
- Charges transaction fee unless you use Shopify's payment solution.
- Additional expense for Shopify hardware.
Shopify Rating - 4.5
ConnectPOS is one of the most popular cloud-based Shopify POS apps globally, particularly for SME businesses, due to its extensive set of sophisticated features and price levels. This technology allows you to precisely monitor every change in the sales process by synchronizing all data between online and physical retail locations in real-time. Furthermore, all inventory information is regularly updated and precisely communicated to cashiers, ensuring a smooth omnichannel purchasing experience.
ConnectPOS enables Shopify sellers to pay directly to third-party payment processors without incurring additional fees. The app can communicate with the most highly secure payment gateways and supports multiple payment methods such as cash, credit, and reward points. Paired with a Shopify inventory management app, ConnectPOS offers powerful overall management solutions.
- ConnectPOS offers over 200 auto-generated reports based on sales, registers, and other data.
- Compatible with Desktop POS/ PC POS, Android POS, and iOS POS.
- Initially, the app received some negative feedback.
- Most of their features are available only for the paid plan.
3.3) Erply POS app
Shopify Rating - 4.5
Erply is the most adaptable point-of-sale framework. It is a simple-to-use POS that integrates with your preferred devices. It is available both online and offline, allowing you to focus on what matters to you. The Erply POS software gives you real-time management over your items, pricing, and promotions across your businesses.
Erply provides various options for cashiers that are not standard POS operations. You may handle purchase orders and prepayments in Erply POS and check the customer's purchase history. You can fulfill and dispatch orders from your online store using Erply POS. When you install Erply, you may select extra features from our portfolio immediately active in POS. You may also develop your plugins.
- There are several online user tutorials and demos accessible for beginners.
- The POS interface of the Erphly app is available on desktops, laptops, iPads, Android devices, mobile phones, and Windows and iOS operating systems.
- Some users find the integration systems complicated.
- Poor customer service.
3.4) Selly POS app
Shopify Rating - 4.5
Selly POS is an excellent solution with numerous features. It is one of the best Shopify POS tools for assisting online retailers in taking their brand to the next level. The app collaborates with another Shopify POS app, specifically Point of Sales by Shopify. However, after that is completed, you will be able to obtain some of the greatest assistance for your POS business.
The app interface may be customized using the app's settings tools. Their specialized team will assist you if you want assistance or modification at no cost. Selly uses the most recent Shopify API to provide the best discount function. It implies you won't have to repeat versions.
- The inventory, sales, and accounting systems all work together seamlessly.
- The built-in CRM solution enables you to develop custom profiles for each customer, providing customized discounts and notifying them about special offers.
- Selly is simple to use and requires no coding skills are required.
- The app interface is straightforward and may be easily customized using the app's settings tools.
3.5) Stocky POS app
Shopify Rating - 3.2
Stocky is a Shopify inventory management tool with Shopify POS Pro subscriptions. Stocky assists you with inventory management by tracking inventory levels, estimating inventory requirements, and recommending which goods to buy.
Shopify POS or your Shopify admin, move products from one area to another. With Stocky POS, you may create and manage purchase orders from a single location. Improve communication with your suppliers and vendors, and have a clear picture of what's coming in and when.
- Effective inventory management is a strategic benefit for your brick-and-mortar retail business.
- To make good inventory selections, you can rely on detailed reports provided by the Stocky app.
- Some users find it difficult to operate.
- A few customers faced issues integrating the Stocky app with the Shopify POS.
3.6) Ordersify: POS Draft Orders
Shopify Rating - 3.3
Ordersify: POS Draft Orders allow us to create a professional consignment easily. In Shopify, drafts orders, such as pre-orders, orders from external channels, and so on, play a significant role. You may easily manage your drafting orders directly from POS devices, search drafted orders, audit all information, and apply document requests to the cart. You can also connect with a Shopify pre-order app to easily manage pre-orders and payments.
Ordersify automatically decreases inventory amount to assist you in keeping track of inventory and taking product slots for consumers for pre-orders. Ordersify efficiently saves time by showing all available goods from your drafted orders and availability before adding them to the cart.
- You can manage your draught orders straight from your POS devices using Ordersify.
- Ordersify also allows you to reduce the inventory quantity of all line items for pre-ordering.
- Some users find it difficult to synchronize the drafts order.
- A few customers faced issues with the smooth running of the Ordersify app.
3.7) Sesami: Appointment Booking
Shopify Rating - 4.6
If you have an online and physical business that requires appointments, this app is an excellent answer for you. Sesami: Appointment Booking is a top Shopify POS app that allows you to accept an order or an appointment on the POS when your consumer books online. This app works very similarly to a Shopify booking app.
To make this application operate, you will require a different POS system, such as Shopify POS. Nevertheless, this is also why Sesami: Appointment Booking is a great choice, since the two apps may double the productivity.
- The Sesami app supports multiple languages and time zones. For global audiences,
- Provides excellent client service throughout onboarding and set-up.
- Lacks features like email customization.
- A few customers faced issues with the smooth running of the Sesami app.
3.8) Vend POS App
Shopify Rating - 4.3
Vend is a cloud-based point-of-sale solution for Shopify shops of all sizes. Vend contains the standard features of a retail POS and some innovative functionality. Vend is well-known for having sophisticated inventory management capabilities and user-friendly operations among its features.
The first thing we should mention is Vend's superb inventory management. Vend includes many functionalities, including supplier information, stock levels, sales history, and product information. Vend is clever in that it allows users to use these inventory features across several selling channels, from offline to online.
- Provides detailed analytics and reports on customer behaviors.
- Loyalty features like store customer data are available in the Vend POS app. If you'd like to fully leverage these loyalty features, then you need a Shopify loyalty app to provide awesome rewards to your customers.
- Doesn't have integrated hardware and payments.
- Vend lacks features like email customization and social media business.
4) Selecting the best POS App for Shopify stores
Whether you are starting a retail business for the first time or are an experienced entrepreneur, having the correct Point of sale (POS) platform is critical to your success. Your POS is much more than just a mechanism for customers to pay for their goods. A good POS app for Shopify can integrate and simplify critical business procedures while also providing you with a regular supply of data to help you make educated business choices.
However, with so many POS apps available, how can you know which one is best for your retail business? If you're looking for your first Shopify POS app or an update to a more complex one, there are a few important criteria to consider when selecting the right solution.
POS applications may be found in different businesses, from cafés and salons to gyms and retail stores. As a store, the characteristics that your company needs may differ from those of many other companies that may require a POS.
Consequently, you must be confident that the solution you choose has essential qualities to make your business a roaring success. Before looking for a POS, generate a checklist of what you need most from the app.
4.2) Set-up and pricing
While the operating expenses of suitable POS applications are very cheap, the upfront expenditures to set up may be more than you anticipate. You may need to purchase new cash drawers, barcode scanners, and other peripherals if your chosen POS is incompatible with your current hardware.
4.3) Support growth of business
While you may be content with only one brick-and-mortar location, for the time being, there is no guessing how successfully or fast your business will expand. You may search for POS software that allows you to open an infinite number of stores, which will help your business develop. Unfortunately, some POS applications limit the number of outlets and registers that may be utilized, limiting how far your business can grow before you need to invest a significant price in a brand-new POS that can handle your expansion.
4.4) Support third party apps
Integrations may save a lot of time and effort in multiple entries by storing sales information and customer data in one central system and requiring only minor adjustments to pass through and be accessible in all of your third-party applications. For example, if your POS interacts with your marketing software, you'll be able to leverage customer data from your primary system to deliver targeted emails and offers. Alternatively, your POS system might be linked to your eCommerce site, centralizing all orders and stock numbers.
5) Overall Recommendation
Point-of-sale systems make it all possible by connecting hardware, such as a cash register or credit card reader, to software that processes credit and debit card payments, manages inventory, tracks sales statistics, and collects customer information. This article explored the best Shopify POS apps for syncing your eStore and physical stores. Choose the best Shopify applications for your needs and brace yourself for the upcoming traffic.
Point on sale, ConnectPOS, and Erphly are excellent options since they have the most comprehensive product ranges and reasonable inventory management solutions. If your business deals with bulk draft orders, the Ordersify: POS draft orders application might be the best solution if your business deals with bulk draft orders. Apps like Sesami are helpful for companies that require appointments and online booking management.
However, no one-size-fits-all solution exists for every company. So, remember to apply the technique we discussed while you go through selecting the best POS application for your business.
1. Which are the best POS apps for Shopify?
The best POS app for your Shopify store depends on your specific requirements and the size of your business. Popular choices are Point on sale, ConnectPOS, Vend for Shopify, Stocky, Selly, Ordersify, etc.
2. How to choose the best Shopify POS app for your ecommerce business?
Choosing the best Shopify POS app requires considering several aspects, including the size of your business, the app's membership fee, the features supplied, customer support, payment options, and so on. Before selecting the best Shopify POS app, it would be beneficial to examine the app's user interface, inventory management capabilities, and the collaborative capabilities provided.