1)Overview of Courier Delivery and Service Software in Detail
Seamless shipping is the cornerstone of any successful eCommerce business. Running an eCommerce business, handling manufacturing, marketing, funding, etc., is sure to take up a lot of your time. An in-house team logistics is feasible for companies that are just starting, or have a lower volume. But, as soon as your order volume is north of 3000 orders on a monthly basis, courier delivery and service software can have a significant impact on your order processing and fulfilment time.
Courier delivery and service software are more efficient as they use technology to automate key shipping processes like label printing, carrier allocation, driver and fleet distribution, etc. It can also provide warehouse and inventory management that can optimise your order fulfilment process and reduce your manpower requirement.
However, finding the right courier delivery software for your eCommerce business can be tricky given the number of options available in the market. To help you make the right choice, we are here with our list of the 20 best courier delivery and service software in the ecommerce shipping world. Take a look!
2)Top 20 Best Courier Delivery and Service Software for Ecommerce Companies [2023 Updated List]
2.1) ClickPost Courier Delivery and Service Software
ClickPost is one of the fastest-growing ecommerce courier delivery and service software with operations in over 220 countries worldwide. Additionally, it is quite popular among ecommerce businesses as it has a huge carrier library featuring over 250+ carriers.
Key Features of ClickPost:
- Through ClickPost, eCommerce businesses can easily integrate with virtual storefronts, marketplaces, ERPs, and ecommerce platforms like Shopify, Amazon, WooCommerce, etc.
- ClickPost's courier delivery software automatically allocates the best carriers for your shipments based on the delivery address, type of order, weight, etc. You can also set the parameters for carrier allocation according to the preferences of your business and customers.
- Accept and track orders from ClickPost's easy-to-use dashboard.
- Manage delivery exceptions with quick NDRs (Non-Delivery Reports) that help businesses to act swiftly.
- Automatically send order status updates to customers through WhatsApp, Email, and SMS.
- This courier service software allows you to collect feedback from the customers at the time of return.
- Get regular analytics reports on overall performance and improve the post-purchase experience of your customers.
2.2) AfterShip Courier Delivery Software
Aftership is a shipping and courier delivery service software. It was established in 2012 and used for its shipping automation and order tracking features.
Key Features of AfterShip:
- Aftership can enable ecommerce companies to use a branded tracking page to share the tracking updates with their customers. This allows them to improve brand perception and have a branded impact on the customer's shopping experience.
- Update customers on the real-time status of their orders through timely updates.
- Helps ecommerce businesses with order management and warehouse management features.
2.3) Convey Courier Service Software
Convey is a courier delivery service and post-purchase customer software. It aids in order fulfilment and establishes a seamless shipping and delivery process.
Key Features of Convey:
- Give your customers an immersive branded shopping experience with Convey's branded tracking page and boost sales.
- Maintain order visibility at all times through convey's AI-powered real-time order status updates on customer phones and email.
- Take proactive measures on order delays with Convey's delivery prediction tool.
2.4) Narvar Best Software for Courier Delivery and Service
Narvar is a post-purchase customer experience management and ecommerce courier delivery software. It supports over 300 carriers so that ecommerce businesses reach customers in any corner of the world.
Key Features of Narvar:
- Narvar comes pre-integrated with 50+ ecommerce platforms and APIs so you can start shipping immediately.
- Narvar's Concierge feature allows online stores to connect with physical shops for pickups, deliveries, and even hyperlocal delivery.
- Their proprietary software provides accurate Estimated Delivery Dates that can be reflected on the seller's product page.
2.5) WeSupplyLabs Courier Delivery Software for eCommerce
WeSupplyLabs is another post-purchase customer experience management software that provides comprehensive courier delivery services for ecommerce businesses. Its goal is to bridge the communication gap between customers and sellers and reduce customer grievances.
Key Features of WeSupplyLabs:
- WeSupplyLabs enables your customers to choose any pickup or delivery mode of their choice, from curbside pickups to in-store deliveries, and much more.
- Transfer all your orders from various sales channels and platforms to the WeSupplyLabs dashboard for easy order management.
- Turn returns into a hassle-free affair with WeSupplyLabs' returns management feature.
2.6) ParcelPerform Courier Service Software for eCommerce
ParcelPerform is a global ecommerce logistics and courier delivery service software. It's a popular courier delivery software company that has recently received funding of 20M USD.
Key Features of ParcelPerform:
- The onboarding process with ParcelPerform is pretty straightforward because it allows you to integrate with APIs, Webhooks and Platforms through a single integration process.
- To provide your global demographic with a more personalised experience, ParcelPerform has enabled its AI to send notifications and messages in 30+ languages!
- ParcelPerform informs sellers as soon as it anticipates a delay in delivery or possible delivery exception so that they can take immediate action.
2.7) Easyship Courier Delivery and Service Platform
Key Features of Easyship:
- Generate and print shipping labels with EasyShip's shipping APIs and improve the speed of the order fulfilment process.
- Choose from a selection of 250+ carriers at discounted shipping rates. All rates are calculated at checkout.
- Easyship's Warehouse management tool can help ecommerce businesses struggling with order volumes.
- Store all your inventory at EasyShip's global fulfilment centres.
2.8) ShipStation Courier Delivery and Service App
ShipStation provides comprehensive logistics solutions to ecommerce businesses of all sizes, small, medium, and large. This courier delivery and service software come pre-integrated with 250+ carriers that help online stores reach their audience and widen their horizons.
Key Features of ShipStation:
- From ShipStation's unified dashboard, you can combine, split, merge and delete orders. You can also add tags to denote orders with specific delivery instructions.
- Check shipping rates for the latest discounts, generate shipping labels, and scan and verify your order with the ShipStation software.
- Offer branded tracking to customers in the form of a customisable branded tracking page, branded emails, notifications, and much more.
2.9) MetaPack Best eCommerce Courier Delivery & Service Software
MetaPack is delivery management and courier delivery service software that aims to provide better shipping experiences to customers. It offers over 4900 shipping services and is trusted by the likes of Adidas, Boohoo, etc.
Key Features of MetaPack:
- Automate several shipping processes like carrier selection, pickup and drop off, packaging, etc., with MetaPack.
- Solve last-mile delivery problems with MetaPack's hi-tech software that correctly identifies delivery addresses, find the fastest route for delivery and assigns the best delivery fleet for the job.
- Renew revenue streams with access to 400+ carriers that ship globally.
2.10) Shippo Courier Delivery and Service Tool
Shippo provides shipping, courier delivery, and supply chain management services to customers in 200+ countries worldwide. Shippo courier delivery software automates many shipping mechanisms with APIs that make ecommerce order fulfilment easier for ecommerce stores.
Key Features of Shippo:
- Connect all your online stores with the Shippo software and view all your orders in one place.
- Avail of discounted shipping rates when shipping with FedEx, UPS, USPS, and DHL.
- Manage returns easily and generate return shipping labels free of cost.
ParcelLab is a courier delivery and service software that seeks to personalize the shipping experience of customers. It currently serves 500+ clients and delivers 6M shipments every day.
Key Features of ParcelLab:
- Ecommerce businesses can continue to improve their operations with the help of real-time analytics that provides actionable insights.
- ParcelLab features a brilliant customer care team that is always accessible via chat or phone.
- Ecommerce stores can also contact customer care at any point they encounter a snag in the system.
- Make returns effective by sending reminders about the returns window and policy.
EasyPost is a multi-carrier shipping and courier delivery and service software. It provides flexible shipping rates for ecommerce businesses of small sizes with low order volumes.
Key Features of EasyPost:
- Improve the delivery success rate of orders with an AI-powered engine that makes address detection accurate.
- Never bear the brunt of shipping mishaps with EasyPost's excellent insurance that protects online stores against loss, damage, theft, etc.
- The software is free. All you need to do is set up an account and integrate your systems to begin shipping.
2.13) Sorted's Delivery Experience
Sorted is new-age delivery management and courier delivery software. It helps ecommerce entrepreneurs sort out their shipping process to provide a better delivery experience to customers.
Key Features of Sorted Software:
- Integrate with multiple carriers at one go and automate shipping and carrier selection with shipping rules.
- With SortedReact, reach your customers before they reach you through automated order updates on customer emails and phones.
- Specify shipping rules for unique customers and allow them the option to choose delivery times, etc., at the checkout page.
Qapla is an ecommerce courier delivery and service software working to improve customer complaints arising from delivery experience. Qapla provides its services to 800 global companies.
Key Features of Qapla:
- Create as many customer touchpoints as you please.
- You may even customize the number of email or phone touchpoints depending on the kind of customer, type of order, etc.
- Provide customers with a holistic experience by engaging with them in their language.
- Qapla can print your shipping labels, manage returns and keep your inventory replenished with its services.
LateShipment is a SaaS platform with comprehensive ecommerce logistics and courier delivery services for online businesses. It has an excellent claims feature that automatically processes claims for every discrepancy in billing or delayed shipments.
Key Features of LateShipment:
- Receive data reports on shipping performance, shipping expenditure, current spending trends, and more with LateShipment.
- Increase customer retention rate through exceptional returns management that enables brand loyalty among customers.
- Explore cross-selling options with a branded tracking page and send automatic real-time order updates to customers.
ShipUp's goal is to improve the e-commerce supply chain and delivery system by enhancing the after-sales customer experience. It integrates with 70+ carriers to provide courier delivery services across the world.
Key Features of ShipUp:
- ShipUp can integrate easily with your existing online stores and import all order data onto its platform.
- Manage customer expectations at checkout with very accurate EDDs (Estimated delivery dates).
- Provide dynamic customer support by updating order delivery information to CRM accessible to the customer support team.
LogiNext Mile is a courier delivery service software that offers a variety of different shipping solutions. Its featured service, LogiNextMile, is dedicated to solving last-mile delivery issues encountered by ecommerce businesses.
Key Features of LogiNext Mile:
- LogiNext provides automatic route optimization as well as re-routing features when the driver encounters a roadblock.
- Keep a tab of order fulfilment percentage with LogiNext's digital Proof of Delivery.
- LogiNext Mile is also available in an app that can be downloaded on all android and iOS devices.
With OnFleet's courier delivery and shipping management software, scale up your ecommerce business in no time. OnFleet delivers to 90+ countries throughout the world and is proud to have 1000+ happy customers.
Key Features of OnFleet:
- Deliver time-sensitive orders with the auto-dispatch feature that reduces processing times and saves costs in the process.
- Filter orders through destination, time, urgency, etc., and assign the most suitable carrier and fleet for the delivery.
- Obtain proof of delivery on order fulfilment in the form of photos, digital signature, etc., and ensure customer satisfaction.
Track-POD is a courier delivery and confirmation software that assures ecommerce businesses of successful order fulfilment through timestamps, digital signatures, and geotags. Track-POD app can be downloaded for Android and iOS devices from Google Play Store and App Store.
Key Features of Track-POD:
- Plan deliveries and add multiple stops for deliveries on the same route. Save fuel costs and driver runs.
- Get a handle on last-mile delivery issues with complete visibility on driver availability, fleet location, and route optimization.
- Allocate orders right from the app and choose drivers for specific deliveries. Send PDF PODs to sellers immediately after order fulfilment.
ShippyPro is delivery management and courier delivery service software that provides extensive shipping support to online businesses by addressing customer pain points.
Key Features of ShippyPro:
- Reach a more comprehensive network of customers with ShippyPro's 163 global carrier integrations.
- The courier delivery software can also help your online store integrate with 70+ sales channels.
- You can offer international shipping on your items without any worries because ShippyPro provides returns management even for international shipments.
- Pick, choose, edit and track orders from a unified dashboard that manages all your shipping mechanisms.
3)How to Choose The Best Ecommerce Courier Delivery and Service Software for Your Online Store?
The right courier delivery and service software can take off the burden of shipping orders in numerous ways. For example, it can help you store items in their warehouse so that you don't have to invest in one, pack orders, and provide superfast deliveries.
But finding the courier delivery software that's best for your ecommerce business can be challenging. After all, with so many shipping solutions available, getting lost can be easy. For that reason, we have listed some of the essential features that you should look for in any courier delivery service software.
3.1)Pin Code Coverage
Look at the locations and service zones a courier delivery software delivers to. This part is critical to assuring all your customers fall under the ambit of the serviceable region. If you plan to ship internationally, you must enquire about shipping restrictions to certain countries, especially given the current Covid-19 scenario. This is also a good time to talk about who will handle customs and duties on arrival.
Ecommerce shipping is an expensive affair. However, the plethora of shipping services makes it worth the money. That said, it's wise to look up the shipping rates your courier delivery service software company offers beforehand.
The best deal is when you feel you spend the right amount of money on the services provided. Look out for courier delivery software that offers discounted shipping because that can make your shipping cost-effective.
3.3)Order Tracking Feature
Real-time order tracking is a feature without which your customers will feel lost and call you up asking about their orders. To provide your customers with a wholesome post-purchase experience, tie up with a courier delivery and service software that offers real-time order tracking along with order status notifications to customers on their phones and emails.
NDRs or delivery exceptions happen when a courier delivery agent cannot deliver orders within the stipulated time frame. A courier delivery software with the NDR Management tool will identify delivery exceptions sooner, contact the seller to approve actions, notify customers about failed delivery and determine the exact cause for the NDR.
NDR management helps ecommerce businesses reduce RTOs, increase customer happiness and keep a tab on fake delivery attempts by courier companies.
3.5)Inventory and Warehouse Management
In warehouse management, ecommerce businesses can ship all their items to the courier delivery software's warehouse. Those items are then categorised with specific SKUs and stored in bins and shelves till an order is placed.
With inventory and warehouse management, online sellers don't need to spend on large storage spaces. Additionally, inventory management software can keep track of outgoing and incoming orders and replenish stocks as and when required.
3.6)Customer Care Support
Whenever your business faces technical trouble with the courier delivery service software, they will want to talk to their customer or technical support team for help. Ensure the courier delivery software you hire has a customer support team that can handle technical issues and customer queries regarding orders.
A courier delivery software that provides returns management is an excellent fit for any business. Returns are widespread in the fashion industry. If not handled carefully, returns can potentially dig into profit margins.
A returns management system will oversee the reverse logistics in eCommerce and provide swift delivery and refunds. Hassle-free returns strengthen customer loyalty & earn you returning customers.
We hope this article has helped you conclude whether your business can benefit from courier delivery and service software. Managing orders is easier than ever with the ability to handle so many shipping operations from a single platform.
No matter the size of your online store, we advise you to start looking for courier delivery software that matches your business requirements.
1. Which is the best Courier Delivery and Service Software for eCommerce Businesses?
Courier delivery and service software use tech-enabled solutions to automate key shipping processes. The ones most preferred by eCommerce enterprises are 1) ClickPost, 2) Narvar, 3) Convoy, 4) Aftership, and 5) WeSupplyLabs.
These courier delivery and service software offer a variety of features, including extended delivery options, superior post-purchase customer support, optimized end-to-end shipping processes, and better resource management.
2. How to choose the best Courier Delivery and Service Software for eCommerce Businesses?
There are four crucial elements to consider when looking for the best Courier delivery and service software. First is Serviceability which refers to the shipping software's capacity, order volume, reach, and resource utilization.
Second, the platform's range of shipping services must meet your business requirements. Third, a better-tech-enabled shipping program that provides more visibility and faster tracking speeds for updating customers. And finally the cost. Potential benefits from the platform’s combination of services given should be factored into its price.