1. Overview of E-Commerce Fulfillment Services Companies in the UAE (United Arab Emirates)
The United Arab Emirates is a dynamic market owing to its oil wealth as well as its strategic geographic location. The UAE is a major transit location between Asian and European markets. While regions like South and South-East Asia offer unparalleled manufacturing feasibility, Europe is a consumer-heavy market with one of the highest per capita incomes in the world.
This relationship between the two continents has led UAE to become a major logistics hub, and opportunities have followed. The transit that the UAE provides has created an opportunity for logistics companies to explore the local markets in the Middle East in providing access to technology and service.
Incomes are rising in the region and one industry that benefits from it the most is eCommerce. The convenience that technology has brought in the palm of our hands has led online shopping to become the preferred mode of making purchases. As eCommerce expands and consumer patience shrinks, logistics companies step in to fill the gap between the shopping experience and customer expectations.
An eCommerce business faces several challenges while trying to fulfill orders placed by its customers. Due to lack of brick and mortar, facilities management, warehousing, and movement goods require enormous capital. Since businesses usually operate on a scale much larger than standard physical stores, the infrastructure required to manage shipping, inventory and storage would cost a fortune.
Fortunately, logistics companies offer fulfillment services to eCommerce companies, so they can focus on improving their products and services while the backend is handled by experts. In this blog, we list down the best third-party logistics providers in the UAE for eCommerce businesses.
2. Top 10 eCommerce Fulfillment Services Provider Companies in UAE (United Arab Emirates) [2022 List]
2.1) Aramex E-Commerce Fulfillment Company
Aramex is a global logistics solutions provider headquartered in Dubai. This company was founded in 1982 and is operating in more than 65 countries today. Aramex logistics provider has a reach of 220 countries and more than 600 offices across the globe. The carrier is a renowned third-party logistics company offering various fulfillment solutions for eCommerce businesses and is integrated with online selling channels such as ShopGo and Martjack.
- Aramex offers essential fulfillment services such as warehousing, packaging, shipping, and delivery.
- The 3PL provider offers ‘Shield’ as an added service which increases the liability of Aramex to USD 10000 in the event of loss or damage of goods.
- The service offers value-added services which include, inter alia, co-packing, kitting, bundling, on-site service, and app development.
- The fulfillment company offers dedicated fashion services like price tag attachment, stitching of labels, ironing, sensor tag attachment, apparel and fabric folding, and packaging.
2.2) UPS Fulfillment Company
United Parcel Service (UPS) is a famed global logistics company with a combined reach of 220 countries through land and air. This company has one of the largest distribution networks in the world with more than 250 facilities and over 25 million square feet of space worldwide. This provider has diversified interests in the logistics industry, providing a variety of fulfillment services through the Middle East.
- UPS provides end-to-end logistics solutions for eCommerce businesses including contract logistics, distribution, and post-sales service.
- The 3PL service offers an e-Fulfillment service that helps eCommerce businesses connect multiple selling channels and online stores to the network of its warehouses.
- The provider offers a large distribution network within the UAE for reducing delivery times.
- The service provider offers post-sales servicing and facilitates after-market access to service parts for end-consumers.
2.3) Naqel Express E-Commerce Fulfillment Services
Naqel Express is a logistics organization founded in 1993 and headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. This company has shipping, fulfillment, and warehousing operations in 12 nations in the Middle East. The company is comprised of a total fleet size of 3000+ delivery vehicles, 3500+ logistics professionals, and handles more than 4 million shipments per year.
- Naqel Express offers a variety of third-party logistics services including warehousing solutions, inventory management, and cargo transportation.
- The provider offers storage and distribution services for eCommerce businesses to improve delivery efficiency and reduce costs.
- The 3PL provider offers international and domestic road transport services for on-time last-mile delivery.
- The service provider also offers additional services such as insurance, out-of-delivery-area servicing, and hold for collection service.
2.4) SMSA Express E-Commerce Fulfillment Company
SMSA is a logistics service provider based in the Middle East. This company has industry experience of more than 20 years and a reach of more than 220 countries around the world. SMSA Express company offers a variety of services including freight management, warehousing, and fulfillment services.
- SMSA Express offers third-party logistics solutions to eCommerce companies based in the UAE including warehouse and inventory management, distribution, and supply chain management services.
- The provider offering several add-on services that include kitting or assembly of goods, bundling, and packaging.
- The 3PL company also offers real-time product tracking capabilities along through its proprietary shipping software.
- The service provider allows businesses to generate status reports and offers data validation as well as archiving services.
2.5) Ceva Logistics Fulfillment Partner
Ceva is an international logistics solutions provider headquartered in Baar, Switzerland. This company has a significant presence in the Middle East with operations in over 160 countries and more than 1000 facilities around the world. Ceva offers end-to-end logistics solutions and contract logistics facilities dedicated to eCommerce businesses in the UAE.
- Ceva Logistics offers warehousing and inventory management services coupled with its proprietary Warehouse Management System.
- The 3PL service provider has several fulfillment services including cross-border eCommerce, last-mile delivery, and reverse logistics.
- The provider offers allied services such as receiving, pickup, packaging, shipping, and more.
- The logistics company also offers a host of value-added services including smart packaging, rapid eCommerce deployment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance.
2.6) Saee E-Commerce Fulfillment Firm
Saee is a shipping and logistics startup from Saudi Arabia that started in 2015. This company has completed over 3 million shipments as of 2021 with a claimed 83 percent customer satisfaction rate, through more than 3000 delivery agents. This provider offers dedicated services for eCommerce businesses based in the Middle East and offers a variety of third-party logistics solutions.
- Saee allows eCommerce businesses to access inventory and stock reports instantly through its platform.
- The provider has 12 warehouses in the Middle East that businesses can access for the storage of goods.
- The 3PL provider claims a shorter processing period for faster deliveries and reduced RTOs.
- The service provider also enables businesses to store goods at third-party warehouses in remote locations for easier access and improved serviceability.
- The provider also offers reverse logistics solutions for eCommerce companies.
2.7) Esnad Express E-Commerce Fulfillment Company
Esnad Express is a Riyadh-based logistics company founded in 2012. This company specializes in providing affordable logistics solutions to eCommerce companies in the Middle East through a variety of fulfillment services. Esnad Express offers dedicated solutions to eCommerce enterprises of all scales along with access to domestic as well as international markets.
- Esnad Express allows cross-border management for eCommerce companies enabling international supply chain management, real-time tracking, customs clearance, localized warehousing, and more.
- The provider offers a unified platform for clients enabling cataloging, payment integration, a listing of products, tracking, and reporting.
- The 3PL service provider allows users to manage multiple vendors as well as pick and drop-off centers. It also enables users to manage omnichannel sales.
- The service provider also handles reverse logistics for eCommerce clients.
DHL is a subsidiary of Deutsche Post and is one of the largest logistics businesses in the world. DHL (Dalsey, Hillblom and Lynn) has operations in over 35 countries around the world and offers various logistics services around the world. The service provider is a reputed 3PL company and offers a variety of services for the fulfillment of eCommerce orders.
- DHL offers warehousing solutions to eCommerce companies for the storage and handling of goods.
- The provider is offers leading transport and distribution services around the UAE.
- The 3PL provider also offers integrated logistics and additional services such as customs clearance, shipment security, and insurance.
- The service provider offers value-added services such as kitting, packaging, and more to eCommerce businesses.
2.9) Qatar Post
Qatar Post, formerly known as Q-Post, is a government-owned and operated shipping and logistics company headquartered in Doha. This company provides access to over 200 countries around the world including the United Arab Emirates. Qatar Post is a burgeoning service provider in the Middle East and one of the key players in the eCommerce logistics markets.
- Qatar Post offers a wide range of solutions for warehousing including dry storage, open yard storage, documentation, and records management, along with an intuitive WMS platform.
- The provider enables the distribution of goods for eCommerce companies and offers local delivery services to and from warehouse facilities.
- The 3PL company also offers additional services such as production support to manufacturers, packaging, processing, and spot stocking for seasonal storage.
Farfill is a Dubai-based third-party logistics company started in 2010. It was acquired by Noon, an online shopping platform in UAE, in the year 2017. Farfill offers dedicated solutions for separate eCommerce domains including fashion, beauty, consumer electronics, and home products. This provider offers end-to-end as well as independent solutions for eCommerce companies in the Middle East.
- Farfill offers various services to facilitate eCommerce businesses such as receiving, picking, dispatching, and delivering products.
- The provider also offers add-on solutions like packaging and cleaning among others.
- Farfill’s platform enables businesses to access inventory information and actionable insights on the stock levels.
- The 3PL company also offers boutique services such as kitting and custom product packaging.
3. Why Do You Need an Ecommerce Fulfillment Services Company in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)?
An eCommerce platform may well be a large organization, however, it requires a monumental scale of operations to justify a self-owned logistics arm. Logistics are a critical part of eCommerce requiring expensive infrastructure and expertise. To be able to manage an in-house logistics wing is not feasible for most businesses and that is exactly where a fulfillment services provider steps in.
A fulfillment company or third-party logistics provider is an organization that offers services required to get a product to the end-consumer after an order has been placed. The process includes a variety of stages including, but not limited to, the following:
- Warehousing i.e. storage of goods in warehouse facilities for access on demand.
- Inventory management to identify the availability of stock and handling of products.
- Packaging of products for a secure and aesthetic delivery experience.
- Customs clearance, insurance, and cross-border eCommerce as additional services.
- A variety of industry-specific services such as labeling, assembly, and bundling.
The fulfillment service provider ensures that such processes do not become a hindrance to the delivery of a product, without the eCommerce company having to pay the earth.
Apart from affordability, the 3PL provider also enables a hassle-free experience owing to industry expertise and domain experience. An eCommerce business can focus solely on improving the quality of the shopping experience, while the fulfillment partner handles associated processes in the background.
In a case where the eCommerce platform is in its nascent stages, a 3PL partner could provide them with enterprise-grade facilities at a fraction of the cost.
4. Final thoughts
The UAE is in the process of massive developmental goals being accomplished. The country has seen exponential growth in the previous decade with foreign investors betting a top dollar on its future.
The penetration of technology and local eCommerce has created real demand in the market for a trouble-free e-tailing experience. The growing desire for home-delivered products and increased impulsive shopping appetite have flooded the market with online orders that require efficient fulfillment.
Logistics companies working in the domain understand the dynamics of the delivery process. Fulfillment is a convoluted brew of simultaneous processes best left to the expertise of market leaders in delivery than indulging at a stage where revenue could be better utilized to fund growth at the company.
Whether an eCommerce company requires a fulfillment service provider depends on the business depends on the whims of higher-ups, however, it shall remain a worthy investment with better prospects for growth.
- Top 10 Best Logistics Companies in Saudi Arabia for eCommerce [Cheapest and Fastest]
- Top 10 Best eCommerce Courier Services Provider Companies in Saudi Arabia [Cheapest and Fastest]
- Top 10 Best E-Commerce Fulfillment Services Companies in Saudi Arabia
- Top 10 Best Logistics Companies in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for eCommerce Shipping
- Top 10 Best Courier Services Companies in the United Arab Emirates [Cheapest and Fastest]