1) What is a 'Store Locator App' and How Does It Work?
Today, businesses give their customers a holistic buying experience with brands spread across all channels and devices. If you operate physical storefronts, you must use one of the many store locator apps for Shopify.
Customers who aren't familiar with your physical stores might not know where you're based. If customers wish to pick up the order or visit your store to see the product in person, they might also want to know where the nearest store is.
We have curated a list of the best Store Locator apps for Shopify based on ratings, customer reviews, top app features, and other factors. These applications make it easier to add retail locations to your Shopify store. This allows potential clients to visit your physical store, resulting in higher in-store sales for your business.
2) Top Store Locator Apps for Shopify:
3) Detailed Review of Store Locator Apps
3.1) Stockist Store Locator
Stockist Shop Locator enables you to integrate store locator functionalities into your website effortlessly. It was designed as a user-friendly tool for website administrators, consumers, dealers, and distributors in mind. Brands like Aveda, Heineken, Ford, and Fujifilm utilize Stockist Shop Locator.
The IP address of a website visitor may be used to receive rapid Google Maps results for shop locations. You may update your store location information such as contact details and hours of operation, using Stockist Shop Locator, and the app will promptly display them on the map. The shop's position on the map will change if it moves.
- Include a mobile-friendly design that uses native apps for navigation and phone calls.
- Offers a bulk upload option available so that you can swiftly add an unlimited number of shops to your website.
- There is no free plan available.
- Lacks unlimited custom fields to each store (e.g., opening hours, fax number, etc.)
3.2) Dealer and Store Locator
Dealer & Shop Locator app offers comprehensive store locator tools. The fact that the program has approximately 50 functionalities attests to this. Best of all, these features are simple to use, and it won't take you more than 30 minutes to put up a shop locator website.
You may select from two layouts and ten map styles provided by the Dealer & Shop Locator app, as well as modify more location-specific information such as the exact address of businesses, a brief description, image uploading, phone, email, and so on. Dealer & Shop Locator also allows you to use tags to highlight unique features of the stores, and so on.
- Provides a variety of themes, layouts, and styles for the shop locator page to match the look of your business.
- The customer search record detects where customers are searching.
- Most of their highlight features are available with the paid plan.
- Some customers face issues with procedures like installations and up.
3.3) Storeify Store Locator
Storeify Store Locator displays all of your brick-and-mortar store, resellers, suppliers, and other information on one Shopify website page. You may use Google maps to provide accurate store/dealer addresses to make the buying procedure as straightforward as possible. You can also integrate it with other Dropshipping Shopify apps.
You may add an infinite number of store addresses to the Storeify Store Locator app, which will be displayed and sorted according to your preferences.
The Storeify shop locator app allows you to easily upload many locations to your store locator map using a CSV file/spreadsheet. It assists in the rapid sharing of shop location data.
- Includes search analytics that allows you to browse area maps, download search data, and analyze recent searches as a heatmap.
- You may display a list of stores in a given city by providing a shortcode.
- The free plan includes only one storefront.
- The dealership application should be a little more straightforward.
3.4) ProMap Store locator
ProMap Store Locator is easy to use. It lets you add as many stores or outlets as you have and allow your customers to discover your businesses quickly. Customers may enter their current location into the ProMap Store Locator app.
It will display the nearest store to them, along with an address, phone number, opening hours, and other information. They may also use Google Maps to get quick directions to the store and distances.
ProMap Store Locator helps you with administration and retail appeal. You may modify the color, style, and other aspects of the map to match your theme. You may also be able to customize your search box, location list, and other elements to make your business stand out.
- Enables limitless bulk import by uploading your CSV file. You may also add as many stores as you want in minutes. As a result, thousands of retailers aren't a significant concern.
- Tags can be used to filter stores: Your clients will be able to narrow down their search for store locations by applying labels to stores.
- Google Maps API integrated with ProMap Store Locator has repeatedly hit its limit.
- Poor customer service.
3.5) Closeby-Store Locator
You may use the Closerby store locator app to build a free locator with five locations. The application comes with a map widget that may be integrated into web and mobile browsers. You may add specific attributes to each region of your website, such as open hours, images, phone numbers, and so on.
You may also link the Closerby store locator app to delivery applications that service your neighborhood. Closerby store locator app strives to provide the best-in-class locator for companies by utilizing cutting-edge technology and user-friendly design to assist them in capturing more potential business. UberEats, Doordash, Grubhub, and similar services fall under this category.
- Offers unique personalization alternatives with various theme selections, colors, and fonts to best complement your branding.
- You may establish location-specific connections, automate visitor itineraries, and add unique information by mapping practical functions with a sophisticated map editor and modifications.
- Not very popular yet.
- Advanced customizations and unlimited locations with a valid Mapbox access token are only available with the paid plan.
3.6) Store locator by store mapper
Store Locator by Storemapper is an excellent tool for displaying the locations of your businesses across an area, country, or globe. A Google Docs spreadsheet may be used to synchronize your companies' sites automatically. With the Pro plan, you may easily have 1000 locations and merely update the spreadsheet with the necessary information. This can assist with management. In addition, you may have an endless amount of stories on your website.
Store Locator also has an appealing mobile user interface with instructions, a call button, and a built-in GPS. If you have a large ecommerce company, you can afford to invest in some of the more pricey and feature-rich choices, such as Closerby and storemapper! The money you invest here will often come back to you in the form of higher upselling potential and customer engagement. Finally, Closerby is a suitable option if you handle shops on different platforms other than Shopify.
- A custom marker image can be added to map pins. Customize as much as you like in your style.
- Customers will like how rapidly autocomplete discovers locations.
- Some users find it difficult to operate.
- The free plan only supports one location.
3.7) Waze/ Google Maps Store Locator
The Waze store locator places a sticky footer or symbol at the bottom of your website. The Waze app supports all kinds of stores and all Shopify themes. The Waze store locator supports a wide range of stores regardless of the Shopify theme being used. It uses a no-code system to display a sticky symbol on the footer of you webpage, highlighting your brand.
Additionally, the Waze app allows for comprehensive customization. As a result, you may select whether to use Waze or Google Maps for navigation, as well as where the app will appear. For example, you may choose whether the Waze store locator will display throughout the store or simply on the site, on which devices the app will appear: only on mobile devices or on all devices, add custom text, and so on. If you'd like more room for store customisation, check out our list of the best store design apps for Shopify.
- Customize the icon's content and location, as well as the wording, color, and transparency of the footer.
- Customers have the option to choose whether or not to display the icon/footer. For example, whether it appears across the shop, simply on the site, or what type of device.
- Yet to gain popularity.
- Some clients find it challenging to input details like an address.
3.8) Store Locator ‑ W3
The W3trends Inc. team's Store Locator - W3 is an excellent positioning tool. Store owners with a vast data warehouse may upload several locations, and clients are quickly sent to these physical agents with minimal instructions. Additionally, W3 also allows merchants to discover the most often visited business, then rebuild their marketing plan and distribute more items in that spot to increase Shopify sales income.
Customers can change the number of sites displayed on the map and reduce their search time using the desired search filters. Finally, another unique characteristic of Store Locator - W3 is detecting customers' starts by automatically finding their current location without their input.
- The app offers a new function that allows you to zoom in on a map more smoothly. Allows integration with other Shopify apps to increase sales.
- You can also change the layout and design of the map by selecting from a few options. CSS/HTML knowledge is not required.
- Initially, the app received some negative feedback.
- It is not easy to customize for those without technical knowledge.
4) Selecting the Best Store Locator App
Most customers will go to your website to look for a physical store address. As a result, utilizing effective store locator apps will ensure that customers can quickly discover your business through a map or select the most convenient and nearest location to them. As customer interaction is so vital in acquiring and retaining customers, choosing the right store locator app for your company is essential. The following are some factors to keep in mind when looking for the same.:
The initial cost of the application and the subsequent fees associated should be a significant consideration for you. It's worth noting that most Store locator applications use a freemium pricing model, with some essential services free and the rest cost extra.
4.2) Supports third-party app
Customers can benefit greatly from having Apple Maps, or Google Maps linked to your store locator app; after configuration, users will be able to click on their selected location to launch travel directions in their preferred navigation app. You might also need a Shopify translation app to better cater to international customers.
4.3) Mobile-friendly store locator apps
Your store locator should be mobile-friendly. After all, most people are going to access it by smartphone, so make sure it is responsive. Moreover, clients searching on mobile devices will have different priorities than those searching on desktop computers. Smartphone consumers will see your site on a smaller screen and usually be on the go. If you're yet to make your store mobile-friendly, then we suggest using one of the mobile apps builders for Shopify.
4.4) User-friendly filter tools
Customers may need to search for stores that provide specific services or products. Businesses attempt to make it simple for everyone. So look for Store locator apps that improve your consumers' purchasing experience by providing powerful search and filtering tools.
4.5) Software Dependability and Potential Downtime
Overall, platform reliability and stability are essential factors to consider. Understanding your clients and then creating a beneficial resource is the key to making your store locator apps useful.
5) Overall Recommendation
To summarize, we all know that clients appreciate clarity and ease of navigation when they don't have much time to spend searching. So, if you have a physical business, informing your customers about where and how to get there is an intelligent strategy to improve the shopping experience. That's where the above-mentioned best store locator apps for Shopify come to play.
It may be a good idea for small businesses to start with the free plans of some of the popular apps like stockists and dealer store locators. If your business primarily depends on users who use a third-party app for navigation, Waze/google Maps store locator might be the way to go.
They have the added advantage of being easy-to-use and are integrated with familiar platforms. If you are looking for store locator apps for Shopify that support bulk store locations - the Storeify store locator app might be the right choice for you.
1. Which are the best store locator apps for Shopify?
The best store locator app for your Shopify store depends on your specific requirements and the size of your business. Some popular choices are Stockist Store Locator, Storeify Store Locator, ProMap Store locator, Closeby-Store Locator, etc.
2. How to choose the best Shopify store locator app for your ecommerce business?
Choosing the best Shopify store locator app requires taking into account a number of aspects, including the size of your business, the app's membership fee, the features supplied, customer support, and so on. Before you select the best Shopify store locator app, it would be beneficial if you also examined the app's user interface and the collaborative capabilities provided.