1) Shippo Tracking
As e-commerce dominates the retail sector, online order tracking is becoming increasingly crucial for its success. Online order tracking is an essential feature of e-commerce since it allows businesses to deliver exact shipment details to their online clients. Giving consumers accurate shipment information and tracking updates demonstrates that their company is reliable and trustworthy, all of which are essential for client retention. This feature can be easily implemented by using tracking APIs like Shippo Tracking.
The Tracking API allows your customers to monitor their deliveries directly from your e-commerce website using your reference or order number. Customers may visit the brand tracking page to receive frequent updates on their orders. This return traffic could result in repeat customers and sales growth. Platforms like Clickpost, Shippo, ShipRocket, Narvar, and others are critical online courier tracking business players.
Order tracking not only helps in tracking all of your online purchases and shipments, but it also allows you to communicate the order status to your consumers through SMS or email. It includes shipping tracking, projected delivery dates, and regular order status updates. Let us walk you through the Shippo Tracking operations in this article.
2) Shippo Tracking: About the software
Shippo is a shipping software company based in San Francisco. It uses its API and web application to let e-commerce enterprises, online marketplaces, and platforms connect shipping with different carriers. Users may compare shipping prices, make labels, produce international shipping customs paperwork, return labels, and track goods using Shippo.
Here are some features of the Shippo Platform:-
- The platform aids in the automation of the label generation process.
- Shippo allows you to check for carrier rates before choosing a carrier.
- It assists organizations in creating branded tracking pages, messages, and notifications to improve the consumer experience.
- It includes functions for managing reverse logistics, such as dividing or combining shipments and producing manifests.
- It provides insights into shipping performance for enterprises.
3) Shippo Tracking: Introduction
The Shippo Tracking API lets you follow deliveries across all carriers using a dataset, comprehensive tracking history, and real-time updates. When paired with webhooks, you will receive push-style alerts whenever a tracking update from the carrier is received. This robust combination ensures that you always have the most up-to-date tracking information for all of your shipments and that a receiver may need to take steps to recover their shipment in a unified platform. Shippo tracking API has features like real-time shipment status, complete tracking history, origin and destination locations, and delivery service level.
Let us look into some of the features offered by Shippo Tracking API:
3.1) Shipment Visibility:
Shipping statuses may be aggregated using standardized tracking across carriers which is ideal for businesses.
3.2) Accountability for fulfillment
You may check the fulfilment status, the arrival date, and the package service quality. This is ideal for marketplace operators.
3.3) Satisfied customers:
Shippo's API push package updates when they are available using their webhooks.
4) How to Use Shippo Tracking Pages
Tracking APIs enable you to personalize tracking messages to appeal to your customers. You may incorporate your logo, show adverts, and social plugins on Shippo's tracking pages, all from within the Shippo application.
Tracking pages are accessible in all Shippo plans. However, branding them with your logo, display adverts, and social plugins are only available in the Pro and Premier plans. If you're on the Starter level plan, you will still have access to a Shippo-powered tracking page, but it won't have your branding.
4.1) Setting Up Your Tracking Page's Branding:
- If you have a Shippo Pro or Premier membership, you should start setting the brand in Shippo on the branding tab.
- To enable branding, navigate to the left toolbar and select "Settings," then "Branding."
- On this page, you may input your Brand Names, upload a PNG (.png file type) of your logo, and select your brand colour.
4.2)Setting up your Shippo Tracking Page:
- After your branding is set, you may modify your Tracking Pages by going to "Settings" in your Shippo account's left toolbar and clicking on the "Tracking Page" option.
- Set your header, submit an ad URL, and add the URLs for your social networking sites on this page.
- When your tracking page is finished, click the publish button, and the tracking link will be included in your subscriber notification emails.
- When you click 'See live example,' a mockup tracking page will be generated based on your stored branding and personalization work.
5) Detailed tracking page
Shippo assists you in getting more out of your tracking data and proactively sending updates to your consumers.
5.1) Detailed tracking history
Details regarding the location, timing, and status for future reference if an issue develops.
5.2) Tracking pages with custom branding
Personalize your tracking pages to strengthen your brand.
5.3) The initial ETA
Show the original ETA as well as any revisions to help you identify late packages.
5.4) Multi-carrier tracking
Track packages generated from outside Shippo to keep track of your shipments.
5.5) Customizable shipping notifications
Personalize email notifications and subject lines with your branding.
6) How to track your parcel with Shippo?
Tracking is provided in Shippo with all carriers and for all service levels. Approximately 98 per cent of service levels are trackable. There are no extra charges for tracking. A product's tracking number and status may be found on the Shipments Page under the Tracking Status bar. Under the Tracking Status column, the number and a brief explanation of the status will be displayed. If you click on the tracking number, you will be sent to the carrier's tracking website for that package, where you can find out more about its current status.
If the tracking shows as "Invalid" or "Unavailable" on the carrier's website, it may be because you've only recently created the label. It may take up to 24 hours following label generation for the carrier's system to process tracking information.
7) How to use Shippo to automatically send Tracking Email Notifications to your customers?
To enable Automatic Shipping Notifications, follow these steps:
- From the Tracking Page, navigate to the Your Order Is Shipping menu.
- Turn on the Send Email option.
- Enter the customized signature for your email.
- Choose the amount of time to wait before sending the email automatically.
- Save the file.
8) Final Thoughts
Shippo is a top delivery management software provider that enables connectivity with all major shipping carriers as well as direct access to your e-stores on numerous e-commerce platforms. Shippo tracking API does not offer shipping delay management or delivery date prediction services. Unlike most of its competitors, the program tells consumers of shipments via email and does not give live tracking updates. As a result, the platform is perfect for small e-commerce businesses and individual retailers. If you run a large or medium-sized enterprise with a significant order volume, you may consider using the Clickpost tracking system. The ClickPost API includes some of the top industry-standard functionalities for automating returns and managing shipping anomalies.
9) FAQs about Shipment Tracking
9.1) What are the key features of Shippo Tracking API?
Shippo's tracking API keeps track of shipments and deliveries across multiple shipping carriers. You may get real-time fulfilment status, arrival date, service quality, and other information.
9.2) How to use Shippo to track a parcel?
A package's tracking number and status may be accessed on the Shipments Page under the Tracking Status column. The identification number and a brief outline of the status (for example, "Delivered" or "In Transit" ) will be shown under the Tracking Status bar.