1. Overview of Logistics Companies in Singapore for eCommerce
Singapore has one of the fastest-growing e-commerce markets in the world. Top logistics companies in Singapore armed with technology and expert innovation have helped online ventures to tap into the growing market. This is because logistics companies are offering specialized features and aggressive prices for well-configured supply chain operations. And they have been highly beneficial for online companies in providing a well-refined post-purchase customer experience.
Additionally, successful end-to-end supply chain models have been made possible by logistics service providers with their partnerships with extensive 3PL networks. In the wake of these facts, we can understand that online companies are looking to provide a competitive edge in the market. To stand out online businesses would invariably end up relying on successful logistics companies to accomplish their business goals. Considering that, we have extensively researched and put together a list of the best logistics companies in Singapore to expand your online business.
2. Top 10 Best Logistics Companies in Singapore for Online eCommerce Business
Singapore has become a fertile ground for e-commerce players with its excellent infrastructure, digitized economy, and well-established connectivity to other Asian economies. And logistics companies are fundamental for online businesses in capitalizing on those resources in the country. Moreover, to provide a satisfying post-purchase experience, business ventures need logistics service providers with a wide range of reliable services. Having said that, let us go through the top 10 best logistics companies and their features.
2.1) DB Schenker Logistics Company In Singapore
DB Schenker is an industry leader in Singapore. They employ 90,000 people worldwide in more than 2000 locations.
|Parameters||DB Schenker Singapore|
|Services||Freight forwarding, Land transportation, Contract logistics, Lead logistics and special products.|
|Industries catered to||Aerospace, Automotive, Healthcare, Fashion, Marine, Perishables|
- They customize solutions by optimization of pick-up and delivery services.
- DB Schenker offers temperature-controlled warehouse facilities coupled with efficient operational services and specialized packaging.
- They provide a reliable order tracking system and optimized delivery services that are powered by innovative technology.
- ESchenker is their dedicated portal for shipment management, data analytics, and order tracking.
2.2) Singapore Post Logistics Service
Singapore Post is the country’s postal service provider that has been operational for more than 160 years. With substantial investment in recent years, they have made automation a large part of their operations.
|Headquarters||Paya Lebar, Singapore|
|Services||Mailing, Money services, Document sharing, and Small business mailing.|
|Industries catered to||Personal mail and Small businesses.|
- Singapore Post provides full-scale logistics solutions starting from custom packaging.
- They choose warehouse facilities in a region where your business can leverage extensive delivery services and fast transit times.
- Singapore Post provides comprehensive strategies for returns management with specialist freight services teams.
- They also offer international shipping to 220 plus countries worldwide with add-on features like express delivery times.
2.3) DHL Logistics Company In Singapore
DHL is one of the most sought-after logistics service providers operating in Singapore. They are functional in over 220 countries worldwide, with a dynamic global supply chain.
|Services||Integrated logistics, Warehousing and fulfillment, Transportation, Distribution, Contract logistics, Consulting, and management.|
|Industries catered to||Manufacturing, Chemicals, Healthcare, Auto-mobility, Energy, Manufacturing, Engineering, Retail, Consumer and Public sector.|
- They have digitized and automated their operations to provide a state-of-the-art warehouse inventory system.
- Their specialized packaging and transportation with 24/7 security offer a competitive supply chain system.
- International shipments with DHL are well-calibrated operations supported with top-notch order tracking capability and 24/7 customer service.
2.4) UPS Shipping Company In Singapore
UPS Singapore has extended its reach in Singapore by adding 51,000 new service points across the country to elevate its already existing competitive presence.
|Services||Contract logistics, Shipping, and Cross-border services|
|Industries catered to||Healthcare, SMBs, High-growth sectors and International markets.|
- They have developed an accurate order tracking system that supports around 24 million deliveries worldwide per day.
- Their quantum view app assists the management of in-bound and out-bound deliveries for large enterprises.
- UPS TradeAbility app offers well-organized parameters for international shipments, making customs clearance a hassle-free process.
- Their expertise in handling multiple international vendors provides solutions for challenges involving different time zones, languages, carriers, and distances.
2.5) FedEx Logistics Partner In Singapore
FedEx has become a common household name globally when it comes to logistics services. They have also captured a broad market with their Asia Pacific operations.
|Headquarters||Changi Business Park|
|Services||Express freight, International shipping, and Industry specific solutions|
|Industries catered to||Aerospace, Healthcare, Chemicals, Firecrackers, Business, and e-commerce.|
- FedEx offers custom solutions with a range of flexible and self-sealing packages that are very user-friendly.
- They provide optimization for pick and delivery services that include delivery rescheduling and redirecting options.
- Their versatile operational strategies are supported by proactive order tracking capability and dependable customer service.
2.6) DTDC eCommerce Logistics Services
DTDC has been operating in Singapore for well over 25 years with an international presence in 10000 locations across the globe. They cover services like
|Headquarters||Jalan Besar Plaza, Singapore|
|Services||Express parcel, Overseas shipping , Warehousing, and Truck transportation.|
|Industries catered to||Healthcare, Automobile, Technology, Manufacturing, Financial sector, and FMCG.|
- Their warehouses are equipped with 24/7 security management and temperature-controlled facilities.
- They provide optimized pick-up and delivery options with robust custom packaging solutions.
- Their well-renowned market presence is because of economic operations and services like real-time order tracking capability, international shipment, and returns management.
2.7) Yusen Logistics Service Provider in Singapore
Yusen Logistics is a well-known logistics service establishment in Singapore. They provide competitive standards in supply chain operations.
|Services||Freight services, Contract logistics warehouse management and Customs brokerage.|
|Industries catered to||Healthcare, Electronics, Aerospace Industries, and Food packaged products.|
- They have seven logistic bases with 81,000 sq m of warehouse space spread across Singapore.
- Their warehouses are facilitated with temperature-controlled systems and 24/7 security.
- They provide quality checks at in-bound and out-bound points in the supply chain, thereby maintaining the security and integrity of their operations.
2.8) Aramex Third Party Logistics Company In Singapore
Aramex is another global industry leader with a significant presence in Singapore. They also concentrate on partnerships with startups providing them feasible and comprehensive logistics operations.
|Services||Express, Shipping services, Small business solutions and, drop/shop and ship|
|Industries catered to||Oil and gas, Fashion, and Small industries.|
- With a well-established international shipment service to more than 220 countries worldwide, they offer an exhaustive distribution network.
- They have consolidated their market position further with flexible pick up and delivery service, returns management, and customer service.
- Aramex also offers limited liability compensation for damaged and lost goods. On top of that, their advanced tracking feature provides end-to-end visibility of shipments through real-time notifications.
2.9) Blue Dart Logistics Firm In Singapore
Bluedart is a leading provider in logistics services worldwide, including Singapore, where it has a consolidated market presence. Bluedart operations were expanded after DHL acquired it in 2004.
|Services||Carrier services, Land transportation, Contract logistics, Line hauling and Warehouse management.|
|Industries catered to||Consumer, Retail, Defence, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals and Beverages.|
- Bluedart serves extensively within Singapore and provides global connectivity to more than 220 countries.
- One of the most economical service providers in the industry, Bluedart offers a dedicated real-time tracking platform for end-to-end visibility in shipping.
- They also provide a range of packaging options, including custom designs for unique goods and dangerous commodities.
- They are affluent in international shipping with comprehensive customs clearance and tax payment systems, making Blue Dart a reliable logistics partner.
2.10) Uparcel In Singapore for eCommerce Logistics Services
Uparcel is an on-demand logistics service in Singapore. It is a 24/7 service provider and has an operational presence in Malaysia as well.
|Services||International shipping, warehousing, outsourcing logistics, 3PL network and express delivery.|
|Industries catered to||Food, Pharmaceuticals, E-commerce, and SMBs|
- Uparcel offers impressive delivery services at express speeds that include same-day, 3-hour express, and door-to-door deliveries, one of their most prominent features.
- They provide well-configured warehouse services for businesses of all scales and a state-of-the-art tracking app for real-time monitoring of shipments.
3. How to Choose the Best Logistics Company in Singapore for Your eCommerce Business?
Logistics companies deal with a multitude of operations that depend on a wide array of factors to determine a successful supply chain. For a seamless supply chain, online ventures depend on the services and specialized operations provided by successful logistics companies. Therefore, let us explore some of the important factors to choose the best logistics service provider in Singapore for your business.
The capability to access a wide net of locations and execute extensive logistical operations is the serviceability quotient of a logistics company. Serviceability can be further classified according to the volume of orders being shipped. For example, are the orders of enterprise volumes or small-scale businesses? The respective operational strength and technology required to carry out shipments of different volumes to different locations differentiate all the logistics companies. And provides a contrast between top logistics companies in terms of serviceability in the competitive market.
Warehouses are the pillars of destination in the logistics supply chain. And almost every product is dispatched to the warehouse for distribution. So, warehouses are safe planets for product storage. For comprehensive management, they should be equipped with climate control facilities for storage, a sound inventory, and 24/7 security to stay relevant in the e-commerce logistics industry.
3.3) Transport, technology, and innovation
Transportation methods and technological solutions for shipments and delivery services have come a long way in supporting a massive e-commerce market. A good fleet of transport vehicles capable of handling contemporary technology will contribute heavily towards maximizing order fulfillment. The capability and the expertise required to ship different products like pharmaceuticals, food, aerospace, etc., and dangerous goods, will give a clear idea of the logistical capabilities of a company. With drones and self-driving cars invading the market, shipment and last-mile delivery services will be refined thoroughly in the coming decade.
3.4) Custom packaging and labeling
Although many companies provide industry-standard packaging, the customization possibilities and a wide range of packaging choices can provide a more comprehensive customer experience. Be it safety or aesthetics, custom packaging and labeling will be an essential feature of a logistics company. Moreover, adequate packaging and accurate labeling will keep logistics operations hassle-free. And they also reduce delays and product mismanagement in the logistics supply chain operations.
3.5) Shipping costs
Shipment will consume a big chunk of your business funds, which will reflect on your profit margin. So, getting the best possible rates and packages with logistics companies will allow you to run a smooth e-commerce operation. As a result, your supply chain can be expanded without disturbing the transactional flow of commodities. Moreover, the prices of shipments can be pre-negotiated according to the needs of your business.
3.6) Order tracking
Every business owner and their customers would want to know the status of orders. Order tracking has become a commonplace practice, and it is also an essential feature for logistics companies to fulfill orders. It helps customers be prepared to receive their orders and follow up on their product return and exchange process. Moreover, when the status of orders is notified in real-time with proactive emails and messages, customers can be empowered to optimize delivery and reverse processes, making logistics operations simpler.
3.7) Delivery services
Last-mile delivery services can break or build an e-commerce business as they conclude the whole process of a supply chain operation. And this creates the last impression that the customer is going to take back with them. So, a dynamic delivery system will be required to satisfy various requirements of the customer. And also retain and attract new customers. Moreover, delivery timelines like express, super-express, hyperlocal, same day, next day, and 2-hour deliveries have become the norm in today’s e-commerce market.
3.8) Reverse logistics
There is a high volume of products in the supply chain owing to the expanding market, which means there will be a substantial percentage of returned products. The process of sending these products back in the supply chain is Reverse logistics. The management of these returned products is returns management. Reverse logistics also covers product exchange and RTOs. or Return to the origin, making it an essential operation in the supply chain. For example, An industry like fashion demands a high percentage of returns. Moreover, with today's e-commerce practices, this feature attracts a lot of purchases and retains customers.
3.9) Dedicated security and quality check
Dedicated security in logistics services is a fair requirement from the customer end. Necessary arrangements made by logistics companies for secure logistics operations also give the customer confidence to consider purchasing any commodity. Moreover, the security aspect can be even more elevated with consistent quality checks at various inbound and outbound points in the supply chain. Furthermore, security and quality checks will maintain security and the integrity of the logistics operations, be it any part of a supply chain.
3.10) International shipping
International shipment involves a lot of paperwork and a comprehensive shipping policy to manage an efficient customs clearance system. In that case, many companies might not be equipped enough to provide international shipping. Top logistics companies offer well-configured operations making international shipping uncomplicated. They have a hassle-free system to pay duties and clear paperwork, which would ensure the product does not end up in customs. And we all know how much hassle is created by products stuck at customs clearance.
3.11) Delivery exceptions management
Whenever a failed delivery with unsuccessful re-attempts occurs, the product is sent back to the origin warehouse. This process is called RTO or Return to origin. RTOs can also happen because of delayed deliveries, and stuck shipments. Moreover, RTOs are a part of unwelcomed processes that might give your company a negative reputation. So, Logistics companies are always looking to rectify the RTO percentage and stay on top of it. Therefore, sound strategies and technical assistance will help companies maintain an excellent RTOs management system.
3.12) Insurance policy
It is always advisable to have a backup plan for your logistics operations.. The possibility of mistakes occurring in logistics services is reasonably expected. Products can get lost or damaged, accidentally, which can also be the mistake of the courier service. In that case, a strong insurance plan will save the day for the customers and businesses by providing compensation cover. Many logistics companies offer limited liability in shipping policy. And also provide extensive insurance plans for enterprise volumes. Moreover, an insurance policy also becomes crucial in the case of unique and fragile products.
3.13) Customer service
A logistics company can offer various features, shipping policies, price discounts, and after-sales services. Understanding the customer’s needs for devising an effective customer service that would empower them is essential to the smooth running of your business. With the advent of automation and bots, customer service can be automated entirely to manage purchases, after-sales support, and reverse logistics.
The track record of a logistics company would be an easy indicator of its operational prowess and management bandwidth. A track record would be based on the logistics company’s years of experience, consistency, and 3pl partnership network. A well-equipped logistics company would maximize order fulfillment which is the ultimate goal in the business.
Online businesses have understood the importance of the growing e-commerce industry and have been investing their time, energy, and incredible funds to satisfy the exponential demand and supply. And logistics companies in Singapore have managed to aid the e-commerce industry in producing incredible results, propelling many businesses towards unprecedented profits and global connectivity. This would impact livelihoods and the lifestyle of populations among all nations, including Singapore. Therefore, a good logistics company would help your business fulfill its potential in a competitive market.